• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

05/16 GDT: Tards @ Giants

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is obviously a strategy implemented by the org, I just do not get it.

I think it was last week, and Fitzgerald was getting irate at callers who were critical of this approach. He made the point that there ante times that you just need to see pitch, hit pitch, and if you do not swing at the first pitch, you may be letting the best pitch of the AB go by.

This is a valid point... In a normal situation. However, he idiotically failed to acknowledge that his "occasional" rule was being implemented EVERY FUCKING AB by this team.

This hack-attack mentality is really pissing me off.

Try this on: the Giants seem to be afraid to K, and therefore fear two strike counts, both of which are a product of the Giants being geared towards making "productive outs". Consequently, hacking early in the AB is the path of least resistance for meeting the organizational hitting philosophy.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is throwing well, to be sure. But Giant hitters are helping him more than they need to.

I know this is early in the season, and there have been some injuries. But this feels like last August with the hitters.

Yeah.....I was joking. Kruk's default comment when the Giants are being shutdown is "[insert pitcher name] is on tonight".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not watching, but I am following on MLB. Did those pitches to burr look as bad as MLB made them look?

That is cruel injustice. Burr goes up there and does what he is supposed to do (let balls go by) and the ump screws him over for it.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think that after twice through the lineup, the Giant hitters would catch on to the slider/curve in the dirt, and lay off.

Nice quick inning by MadBum.

Go get 'em, boys. Have fun storming the castle!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not watching, but I am following on MLB. Did those pitches to burr look as bad as MLB made them look?

That is cruel injustice. Burr goes up there and does what he is supposed to do (let balls go by) and the ump screws him over for it.

Maybe if the Giants showed ANY awareness of what the strike zone actually was, we might get more sympathetic calls. As it is, anything the pitcher throws is an automatic strike. :tape2:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I wasn't really paying much attention at that moment. Wasn't Garcia throwing a bunch of sweeping breaking balls?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Posey! FPSM!

StarWarsWin.gif

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How bad was Melky's injury? Looks like Blanco is ok. Keischnick is the next man up, I think.