• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

05/16 GDT: Tards @ Giants

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"The Clubhouse" is the giant pink rabbit that none of us can knowledgeably comment about. This, I think, plays a HUGE factor in all decisions, not just lineups, but lineups is where we do much of our bitching.

By sticking with the vet until the the decision is out of your hands, a consistency is established in all of these guys lives. The kids will get controlled time in less-stressful situations and the adults can relax into a groove since they have already proved it.

Also, egos exist. It is easier (and politically appropriate) to walk on the kids before you walk on the adults. Look what happened with Teh Nada and RoRo once they were CLEARLY demoted to roll players. They became cancers and needed to be booted almost immediately. What happened with the kids when they were given support rolls? Ishi became the best PH in the game and Nate was a stellar OF closer.

I am not saying I LIKE this, but these guys are human beings. They LIVE this stuff. It is not their hobby, it is their life. If they are handled with sandpaper gloves, the way we (myself BIG TIME included) scream for, more and more of them will go the way of Huff.

Boch is in the clubhouse. We are not.

He wins

Nice post. Can't disagree, since my post was a nod to this exact sentiment, albeit terse as it was.

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess nobody has mentioned that Melky is scratched due to toe injury?

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Furcal on the bases.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MadBum at 53 pitches through 3

Giants have seen 30 pitches through 3

Dead last in the majors on pitches seen.

What the heck is Culberson doing swinging at the first pitch in the dirt?

MadBum FPOM

Shark FPOM

#NoPatience #NoDiscipline

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MadBum at 53 pitches through 3

Giants have seen 30 pitches through 3

Dead last in the majors on pitches seen.

What the heck is Culberson doing swinging at the first pitch in the dirt?

MadBum FPOM

Shark FPOM

#NoPatience #NoDiscipline

This is obviously a strategy implemented by the org, I just do not get it.

I think it was last week, and Fitzgerald was getting irate at callers who were critical of this approach. He made the point that there ante times that you just need to see pitch, hit pitch, and if you do not swing at the first pitch, you may be letting the best pitch of the AB go by.

This is a valid point... In a normal situation. However, he idiotically failed to acknowledge that his "occasional" rule was being implemented EVERY FUCKING AB by this team.

This hack-attack mentality is really pissing me off.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Questionable whether Posey was going to get two out of that......