• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

05/16 GDT: Tards @ Giants

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, does Beltran get boo'd tonight?

also, ill be at work, so someone please say in here whether or not they boo him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, that's what I said to you. :)

Gotcha. No games at a corner OF position. This seems like a non-sequiter to my hypothetical though.

Playing Rowand in CF is NOT what got the Giants to the WS. The second part is valid.....but if (obviously neither of us know this) Bochy truly felt it would give him more coverage and better defense in the OF with Torres in CF and RoRo at a Corner OF spot and he abandoned it soley for the sake of team cohesion.....then I'd disagree with the decision. I wasn't advocating FOR starting RoRo at a corner OF position (you could substitute bench in for RF for all I care), I was just stating that it's the playoffs and they had already said "no" to Zito. Why go for locker room cohesion for that particular game with a player who had badly underachieved if you felt he wasn't the best fit in CF (maybe he did think RoRo was the best CF or at least the best OF setup involved RoRo in CF)?

So let's start with the assumption that you are going with RoRo, Towers and Burrell (I think he was the "other" OF that game) in the OF.

I would tend to agree that the best possible defensive alignment with that group is PTMFB in Left; RoRo in Center and Andy in Right. Sure, Andy was a better CF, but he was also a better RF.

Therefore, the alignment was appropriate, IMHO.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's start with the assumption that you are going with RoRo, Towers and Burrell (I think he was the "other" OF that game) in the OF.

I would tend to agree that the best possible defensive alignment with that group is PTMFB in Left; RoRo in Center and Andy in Right. Sure, Andy was a better CF, but he was also a better RF.

Therefore, the alignment was appropriate, IMHO.

Ok.....I'm confused. I think we're arguing separate points here.

So back to the theme of the thread. Go Giants go! :heh:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Clubhouse" is the giant pink rabbit that none of us can knowledgeably comment about. This, I think, plays a HUGE factor in all decisions, not just lineups, but lineups is where we do much of our bitching.

By sticking with the vet until the the decision is out of your hands, a consistency is established in all of these guys lives. The kids will get controlled time in less-stressful situations and the adults can relax into a groove since they have already proved it.

Also, egos exist. It is easier (and politically appropriate) to walk on the kids before you walk on the adults. Look what happened with Teh Nada and RoRo once they were CLEARLY demoted to roll players. They became cancers and needed to be booted almost immediately. What happened with the kids when they were given support rolls? Ishi became the best PH in the game and Nate was a stellar OF closer.

I am not saying I LIKE this, but these guys are human beings. They LIVE this stuff. It is not their hobby, it is their life. If they are handled with sandpaper gloves, the way we (myself BIG TIME included) scream for, more and more of them will go the way of Huff.

Boch is in the clubhouse. We are not.

He wins

Support rolls? :L

exps27072_TH854207D8A.jpg

:minion:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also, ill be at work, so someone please say in here whether or not they boo him.

He was never invested here as much as the fans were invested in him being here. Booing or cheering him will have no affect on the reptilian. Although I am 400 miles away, I will boo him when he appears.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Support rolls? :L

exps27072_TH854207D8A.jpg

:minion:

You saw Teh Nada try to field. Dont you agree that he needed support with rollers?

Shhesh, your just LOOKING for errors, aren't you? I would of put it differently if I know your were going to go all "collage prof" on my ass

:)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw Teh Nada try to field. Dont you agree that he needed support with rollers?

Shhesh, your just LOOKING for errors, aren't you? I would of put it differently if I know your were going to go all "collage prof" on my ass

:)

Grammatical errors are low hanging fruit. It covers up my pathetic lack of anything knowledgeable to contribute to the ongoing conversation. :pop2:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing compared to Kruk on the TV broadcast...

"Huff can play 2B." The broadcast went silent for a solid 30 seconds, then they returned with no mention of it.

You just know they turned off the mics and laughed their asses off.

Nice avatar. Repped.

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Surprised none of you have mentioned it yet...
Bumgarner hitting 8th tonight for the Giants. Bochy doing the LaRussa.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Against the Cardinals no less! Thanks for the head's up. Our guys are usually super-quick with the line-ups. They must still be recovering from a bit of a heart-breaker last night.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if it's because it's the right decision :-)heh:) or if it's to honor LaRussa.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at the Giants game tonight (the San Jose Giants) so I won't be posting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If CBelt had hit in SF like he has hit in St. Louis, he'd still be a Giant, and the Giants would have gone to the playoffs. Me? Bitter? Not at all. :doh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CBelt had hit in SF like he has hit in St. Louis, he'd still be a Giant, and the Giants would have gone to the playoffs. Me? Bitter? Not at all. :doh:

He ripped the cover off the ball while in SF...

AFTER he sucked balls at first and spent time on the DL enough to make sure we were out of contention...

Dude, why are you so negative?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ripped the cover off the ball while in SF...

AFTER he sucked balls at first and spent time on the DL enough to make sure we were out of contention...

Dude, why are you so negative?

I was born this way, I can't help it!

I was thinking more about his RBI totals. He had like 20 in 45 games last year, and has almost an RBI a game with St. Louis. We didn't trade for his average, we traded for him to be a run producer. He may have hit for average, but he was poor in driving in runs.

:deadhorse:

But hey, I am turning over a new leaf. Giants win tonight, 9-0, and go 6-8 with RISP. Happy? :p

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born this way, I can't help it!

I was thinking more about his RBI totals. He had like 20 in 45 games last year, and has almost an RBI a game with St. Louis. We didn't trade for his average, we traded for him to be a run producer. He may have hit for average, but he was poor in driving in runs.

:deadhorse:

But hey, I am turning over a new leaf. Giants win tonight, 9-0, and go 6-8 with RISP. Happy? :p

:dunce:

I am too straight-faced, I think...

I ripped you for being negative right after I was negative about him...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Proving again he reads us. I brought up this idea a few weeks back. I like the outside the box thinking.