• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke suspension upheld

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, are you kidding me? You insult me first, then cry foul? Get over yourself, bud. Anyways, nothing to do with internet tough guy - did I threaten you? LOL.

Maybe you are a puss?

really? Who quoted me with this?
"And maybe whiny fans need take a step back and gain a little perspective on this issue?"

And again with the "puss". Can't decide if it's Dope, Keyboard tough guy or both? But seems to be both

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man, if it were you or me in this scenario and we believed that we didn't commit this act, as Zeke believes, we wouldn't just accept any part of this ruling. If in possession of the means to do so I would fight it tooth and nail, and I would think any other man concerned with the reputation of himself and his family would do the same. And it starts by fighting these erroneous procedures that deprived Elliott of the ability to defend himself.
This is the bottom line for me.
I have zero issue with Elliott not rolling over

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? Who quoted me with this?
"And maybe whiny fans need take a step back and gain a little perspective on this issue?"

And again with the "puss". Dope, Keyboard tough guy or both?

You're so hung up on this word "puss". You're the only one equating it to "ITG" - whatever, your hangups are your own.

Anyone who thinks this is about football and not about Elliott's life needs some perspective on the issue. Those who are complaining about how they're tired of hearing about it, or that it's screwing up fantasy football, or it's hurting the team are just whining. Elliott's personal reputation is on the line, and that will extend long beyond Zeke is useful on a football field.

If he did it, then fuck him, but he deserves the opportunity to make his case at least.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct....this shit turned when the NFL's female lead investigator, who was the only investigator to interview the accuser on multiple occasions determined her story wasn't trustworthy and recommended no suspension.
SO....the league decided to leave her out when punishment was determined.

Two people know what happened and the league is out to make an example out of Elliott regardless.

I'd fight that all day long
Bingo, that is it in a nutshell!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and again, my point from day one was and has been based on the fact that all he has done was strengthen the microscope pointing at his domestic violence allegations, kept them in the headlines, brought out some of the evidence we didn't hear originally or focus on (no matter how flimsy), discussed in front of millions on national tv every single week and all over message boards and water coolers. He took a bad situation and made it worse for his reputation IMO. You don't need to agree. No one even cares what is ultimately decided in an appeal that doesn't even rule based on the evidence. They've already made up their minds. Did it make you think Brady cheated more because he lost his appeal? This staying in the headlines just reinforces the allegations and makes it a more vivid lasting memory for everyone. He is losing more and more by the day in the court of public opinion. Serving the suspension could have come with a statement that he feels it's wrong, he doesn't agree with any of their findings, he will continue to examine his legal options, doing what is best for his teammates instead of dragging on this public albatross,etc etc...Serving the suspension is not an admission of guilt. But it does get it over with and keep it minimized as much as possible.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and again, my point from day one was and has been based on the fact that all he has done was strengthen the microscope pointing at his domestic violence allegations, kept them in the headlines, brought out some of the evidence we didn't hear originally or focus on (no matter how flimsy), discussed in front of millions on national tv every single week and all over message boards and water coolers. He took a bad situation and made it worse for his reputation IMO. You don't need to agree. No one even cares what is ultimately decided in an appeal that doesn't even rule based on the evidence. They've already made up their minds. Did it make you think Brady cheated more because he lost his appeal? This staying in the headlines just reinforces the allegations and makes it a more vivid lasting memory for everyone. He is losing more and more by the day in the court of public opinion. Serving the suspension could have come with a statement that he feels it's wrong, he doesn't agree with any of their findings, he will continue to examine his legal options, doing what is best for his teammates instead of dragging on this public albatross,etc etc...Serving the suspension is not an admission of guilt. But it does get it over with and keep it minimized as much as possible.

Personally, as someone who doesn't just take things at face value, I think to see him fight the accusations this intently does give his claim a little more veracity. I would be more suspect of someone who was just willing to roll over. As far as having more of Elliott's personal business out in the open, I personally don't care what dumb shit a 21/22 year old is getting into, but things like allegations of domestic violence are far more serious than tales of Elliott doing lines of cocaine off a strippers ass. Elliott seems to think attempting to clear his name is more important than having to answer to some of the more minor transgressions.

Elliott has more than 6 games to lose, if suspended. Zeke will also lose the guaranteed portion of his contract, therefore losing a lot of financial security in the event of an injury. Correct me if I am wrong.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two people and only two people know what went on.

evidence?

I know the lead investigator who happens to be female remains the only person from the NFL's appointed investigating committee who took the time to interview the accuser. She found her untrustworthy and recommended no suspension. I know she wasn't consulted when the league handed down 6 games.

You can spin that good for the team stuff all you want but....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe almost his entire contract is basically guaranteed. But my understanding is he will lose 6 game checks and nothing more. Signing bonus already paid. If you are referring to the Cowboys trying to cut him and get out of other payments on the contract I don't know but that isn't going to happen unless something else (and very significant) comes out.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, as someone who doesn't just take things at face value, I think to see him fight the accusations this intently does give his claim a little more veracity. I would be more suspect of someone who was just willing to roll over. As far as having more of Elliott's personal business out in the open, I personally don't care what dumb shit a 21/22 year old is getting into, but things like allegations of domestic violence are far more serious than tales of Elliott doing lines of cocaine off a strippers ass. Elliott seems to think attempting to clear his name is more important than having to answer to some of the more minor transgressions.

Elliott has more than 6 games to lose, if suspended. Zeke will also lose the guaranteed portion of his contract, therefore losing a lot of financial security in the event of an injury. Correct me if I am wrong.

Wow, imagine if he had a career ending injury. He's gonna ask for 100 million in 2 years. Could you imagine. Thats why I think he should just get it over with and go back to being the best back in the league

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me the most in the big picture is that the league seems more interested in "winning" the case than it does in finding the truth. What do they gain from this? They are proving over and over again that they are more concerned with preserving their power and have taken these rulings (Brady also) personally and dig in their heels and fight it as if they want their stars to be seen as "guilty" if the alternative is them being seen as wrong or that they made a mistake. They have made it "us versus them" for some reason. In the long run they would be much better off if Zeke was proven innocent because how does it help them to have one of their young stars or biggest stars ever (Brady) have their reputations sullied. I get that they want to curtail bad behavior, but this is not the way to go about it.

I agree, the league also seems to be trying to give Zeke the six game suspension to make up for the Ray Rice incident as many have noted. Trying to appear tough on domestic violence to the public whether it occured or not. IMO most people who feel they have not commited what they are accused of would fight. You dont rollover, you fight!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the league also seem to be trying to give Zeke the six game suspension to make of for the Ray Rice incident. Trying to appear tough on domestic violence to the public whether it occured or not.
I think the 6 is also based on the new policy that makes it a flat 6 for DV, but yeah the Rice issue is always on their mind. But we all know they could give 3 and say due to "conflicting" accounts by the accuser they went with less. These disciplinary hearings are just a shit show for the Commish and his power trip, but it will be the "norm" until the new CBA or a new Commish:2cents:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe almost his entire contract is basically guaranteed. But my understanding is he will lose 6 game checks and nothing more. Signing bonus already paid. If you are referring to the Cowboys trying to cut him and get out of other payments on the contract I don't know but that isn't going to happen unless something else (and very significant) comes out.

If Zeke is suspended the final two years and the guaranteed portions of his contract are no longer guaranteed - the 5th year never was guaranteed, technically. It would be a pay/play as you go situation. This is the far more detrimental part hardly anyone is mentioning.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zeke is suspended the final two years and the guaranteed portions of his contract are no longer guaranteed - the 5th year never was guaranteed, technically. It would be a pay/play as you go situation. This is the far more detrimental part hardly anyone is mentioning.
Interesting if true, but I don't think that is an issue anyway unless injury hits. If he were to get hurt that could screw him big time. But If the Cowboys decided to cut him for some reason he'd get a huge raise.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 6 is also based on the new policy that makes it a flat 6 for DV, but yeah the Rice issue is always on their mind. But we all know they could give 3 and say due to "conflicting" accounts by the accuser they went with less. These disciplinary hearings are just a shit show for the Commish and his power trip, but it will be the "norm" until the new CBA or a new Commish:2cents:
This whole thing is BS. They have no evidence. They obviously had evidence on Rice. NFL went overboard to try and set an example. McNeil is a biased bitch. Goodell is a dbag. This is not comparable and is different tHan the Brady case. I don't blame zeke for fighting this,but obviously this does not help the cowboy's going forward. Could the Cowboys gone 2-3 without zeke? Probably

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the league also seems to be trying to give Zeke the six game suspension to make up for the Ray Rice incident as many have noted. Trying to appear tough on domestic violence to the public whether it occured or not. IMO most people who feel they have not commited what they are accused of would fight. You dont rollover, you fight!!
"Whether it occurred or not" is what we are talking about. As far as I am concerned you do not suspend if there is no smoking gun. The NFL did not even take into account and ignored the only person that interviewed the supposed victim. The NFL has handled this badly and zeke could sue for defamation. Any judge would look at this case and think the NFL fucked up.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, imagine if he had a career ending injury. He's gonna ask for 100 million in 2 years. Could you imagine. Thats why I think he should just get it over with and go back to being the best back in the league
If he asks for 100M in two years, I'd bet he becomes either 1. Franchised or 2. a Free Agent.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he asks for 100M in two years, I'd bet he becomes either 1. Franchised or 2. a Free Agent.

It's gonna be up there what ever it is and he deserves it cause he's phenomenal. But Dallas will have his rights for another 6 years atleast but I'm sure he's gonna want to redo his rookie contract early.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be up there what ever it is and he deserves it cause he's phenomenal. But Dallas will have his rights for another 6 years atleast but I'm sure he's gonna want to redo his rookie contract early.
He'll get offered 3 to 4 years for around 15 to 16M per.
They ran the shit out of D. Murray and let him walk. If Zeke asks for what your suggesting he'll be franchised for a year then he'll be an Ex Cowboy.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran the shit out of D. Murray and let him walk. If Zeke asks for what your suggesting he'll be franchised for a year then he'll be an Ex Cowboy.

Could be but he is the premier RB in the league and won't take 15 million 2 or 3 years from now. I think 5X100,000,000 is what he asks for. Dallas is in great shape with him. They have 3 more years after this and can franchise him after that. How old will that make him (Four years from December

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you're right. Leveon is at 12 mill this year. 15 three years from now sounds right.