• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke suspension upheld

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Next Generation Stats- Dez has had just as much separation as Julio, DJax, and Amari Cooper. He actually has gotten more separation than Witten. Surprisingly , Terrance Williams gets as much separation as just about anyone in the league. Maybe he goes uncovered a lot of times
If that's what they said, Next Generation Stats has a future in the toilet tissue industry...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do about being a choirboy or not. It is about the abuse case and not being prosecuted or charged in the case, the tapes of the woman setting zeke up, but goddell suspendes Zeke for six games anyway. He was not suspened for pulling a girls top down, or a freaking speeding ticket. Goddell said he was suspended for just the socalled abuse case. If they had suspended him for 1-2 games to send a message to him for everything, i dont think he would have fought that. But this suspension of six games is ridiculous to a lot of people.
It may seem ridiculous to some folks but the NFL will prevail. It makes no sense trying to fight a losing battle.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Next Generation Stats- Dez has had just as much separation as Julio, DJax, and Amari Cooper. He actually has gotten more separation than Witten.
:agree:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what they said, Next Generation Stats has a future in the toilet tissue industry...

Saw it on twitter today. Of the big name WRs, Alshon and D. Thomas get less than anyone. Hopkins is lower than Dez as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, why fight to clear your name from forever being called a woman beater, since it is a distraction, just admit guilt. That's dumb, but not a surprising take on the situation.
Because this doesn't do that. That is not what his appeal is about. He isn't fighting to clear his name. I get the obvious correlation, but it's more comparable to being found not guilty on a technicality such as illegal search and seizure than it is being found innocent on the facts of the case.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious to me that Zeke isn't the choirboy many Cowboys fans think he is.
I don't think anyone thinks Zeke is a choirboy. He is a young man that needs to grow up or expect constant scrutiny from now on based on a bunch of different things starting in College. I haven't even read anyone say he did not assault this woman. I think a lot are saying they aren't sure whether he did it or not and that they don't feel there is enough evidence for anyone to say he did. But I don't think anyone is saying he definitely did not.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this doesn't do that. That is not what his appeal is about. He isn't fighting to clear his name. I get the obvious correlation, but it's more comparable to being found not guilty on a technicality such as illegal search and seizure than it is being found innocent on the facts of the case.
No that is a faulty correlation. He was never found guilty of anything. He was never charged. It was not like being guilty, but let off by a technicality. For Zeke the appeal is also about clearing his name. He feels he did not abuse the woman.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's exactly the same actually. The Judge isn't hearing all of the facts or deciding guilt or innocence he is reviewing procedure. That does nothing to clear Zeke's name or state that he did or didn't abuse this woman.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's exactly the same actually. The Judge isn't hearing all of the facts or deciding guilt or innocence he is reviewing procedure. That does nothing to clear Zeke's name or state that he did or didn't abuse this woman.
I am talking about the whole case. Not the TRO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about the whole case. Not the TRO.
His appeal has nothing to do with evidence or the whole case. No court is going to rule on the details of the case unless he is charged or a civil suit is brought. This appeal is not based on evidence, lack of evidence or a presumption of innocence or guilt. They aren't even looking at evidence to decide if it is enough to suspend him or not. Thats just not what is going on here.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His appeal has nothing to do with evidence or the whole case. No court is going to rule on the details of the case unless he is charged or a civil suit is brought. This appeal is not based on evidence, lack of evidence or a presumption of innocence or guilt. They aren't even looking at evidence to decide if it is enough to suspend him or not. Thats just not what is going on here.

At least one Judge had already questioned the fairness of the NFLs investigation and maybe it will play into the judgement. Maybe the NFL didn't follow the CBA as Zekes lawyers are saying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one Judge had already questioned the fairness of the NFLs investigation and maybe it will play into the judgement. Maybe the NFL didn't follow the CBA as Zekes lawyers are saying.
Not really. The league holds the power too much for that. They don't even have to do much of an investigation, let alone hold one that is seen as "fair". The investigation mostly just decides if a hearing is warranted or not, it doesn't make a decision. They could just go right to a hearing if they want and you normally don't look to prove someone innocent during an investigation. The nature of an investigation is generally to look for guilt and decide if a hearing should be held.

But if the judge rules the hearing itself (not the investigation) wasn't "fair" (it's still unclear if the league needs to prove that or not which is part of what he will look at) it could help him. If the judge sees it as a "witch hunt" and feels they backed into their decision to suspend it certainly would be something that could cause a change I would think. The one thing I was thinking Zeke all along could "win" on from a reputation point of view via these appeals would be if the league rules he did not get a "fair" hearing and also rules the courts can take action based on that even with the CBA. Again, that is in no way a decision about his innocence or even a commentary on facts at all which is what I was saying above. It's procedural. It doesn't prove him innocent. But it would at least make it sound as if he was "railroaded" a little which could help his reputation. But, my guess is all they would need to do is have another hearing and it will end the same way unless they settle and settling requires some type of admission on Zeke's part. This subsequent hearing would likely end up releasing a lot more in the way of facts and probably be a little more damning of Zeke's reputation (and hers too of course) because even if there is no more "proof" of abuse given it likely will include many more allegations about drug use and general bad behavior. Perhaps he comes to an "agreement" with her and she refuses to cooperate in a subsequent hearing?

Lastly, someone remind me. Didn't the league state that they are not taking action on any of the other transgressions (pulling the girls top down) at this time? Meaning they still could in the future? If so they can just suspend him for that instead. I saw on here somewhere that a poster said the League decided he shouldn't be punished for those other transgressions, but I thought it was that they just decided not to act at this time which still leaves them open. I really don't remember though. Any way, did non-NE fans come out of the Brady appeal thinking he was less guilty? Or did they hear more and more evidence over and over again and just make it harder to forget the allegations

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The league holds the power too much for that. They don't even have to do much of an investigation, let alone hold one that is seen as "fair". The investigation mostly just decides if a hearing is warranted or not, it doesn't make a decision. They could just go right to a hearing if they want and you normally don't look to prove someone innocent during an investigation. The nature of an investigation is generally to look for guilt and decide if a hearing should be held.

But if the judge rules the hearing itself (not the investigation) wasn't "fair" (it's still unclear if the league needs to prove that or not which is part of what he will look at) it could help him. If the judge sees it as a "witch hunt" and feels they backed into their decision to suspend it certainly would be something that could cause a change I would think. The one thing I was thinking Zeke all along could "win" on from a reputation point of view via these appeals would be if the league rules he did not get a "fair" hearing and also rules the courts can take action based on that even with the CBA. Again, that is in no way a decision about his innocence or even a commentary on facts at all which is what I was saying above. It's procedural. It doesn't prove him innocent. But it would at least make it sound as if he was "railroaded" a little which could help his reputation. But, my guess is all they would need to do is have another hearing and it will end the same way unless they settle and settling requires some type of admission on Zeke's part. This subsequent hearing would likely end up releasing a lot more in the way of facts and probably be a little more damning of Zeke's reputation (and hers too of course) because even if there is no more "proof" of abuse given it likely will include many more allegations about drug use and general bad behavior. Perhaps he comes to an "agreement" with her and she refuses to cooperate in a subsequent hearing?

Lastly, someone remind me. Didn't the league state that they are not taking action on any of the other transgressions (pulling the girls top down) at this time? Meaning they still could in the future? If so they can just suspend him for that instead. I saw on here somewhere that a poster said the League decided he shouldn't be punished for those other transgressions, but I thought it was that they just decided not to act at this time which still leaves them open. I really don't remember though. Any way, did non-NE fans come out of the Brady appeal thinking he was less guilty? Or did they hear more and more evidence over and over again and just make it harder to forget the allegations
Man you are never wrong!!! Zeke and his team are fighting The whole case ie six game suspension due to their percieved unfairness by Godell.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI, courts can rule against CBAs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you are never wrong!!! Zeke and his team are fighting The whole case ie six game suspension due to their percieved unfairness by Godell.
Holy friggin irony!!! You gotta be kidding me...:lol:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, courts can rule against CBAs.
Yes, technically the courts can do a lot of things. But, they will only rule on the specific matter that is in front of them though. I don't think a lot of people understand what is being appealed. From the judge's ruling:

The Court has a very limited role in this case. The Court is being called upon to determine, at this preliminary stage, whether Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott ("Elliott") received a fundamentally fair arbitration hearing. The question of whether there was credible evidence of domestic abuse is not before the Court. Nor are any of the underlying facts in the dispute between Elliott and Tiffany Thompson ("Thompson").

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, technically the courts can do a lot of things. But, they will only rule on the specific matter that is in front of them though. I don't think a lot of people understand what is being appealed. From the judge's ruling:

The Court has a very limited role in this case. The Court is being called upon to determine, at this preliminary stage, whether Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott ("Elliott") received a fundamentally fair arbitration hearing. The question of whether there was credible evidence of domestic abuse is not before the Court. Nor are any of the underlying facts in the dispute between Elliott and Tiffany Thompson ("Thompson").

Elliotts team is trying to get the courts to rule the fairness of the NFL, and get an En Banc rulling. If this is granted the whole suspension can be tossed.
I'll admit it's a long shot but you and everyone else saying there is no way the 6 games are dropped are wrong. Yes odds are he sits all 6 games, but this case isn't cut and dried as some have suggested.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly this whole thing is really fucking with my fantasy team this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotts team is trying to get the courts to rule the fairness of the NFL, and get an En Banc rulling. If this is granted the whole suspension can be tossed.
I'll admit it's a long shot but you and everyone else saying there is no way the 6 games are dropped are wrong. Yes odds are he sits all 6 games, but this case isn't cut and dried as some have suggested.
An "en banc" hearing only has to do with who hears/decides the matter. I'm not sure who has said there is "no way" it gets dropped and I haven't. But if it is dropped, my understanding, from what I read in one article, is the likely ruling would be to hold another hearing. I'm pretty sure we all know how that will go as long as Goodell and the CBA are around.