• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're the new GM

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys are just not ambidexterous enough and can only fire off of 1 leg quickly. In other words, they can only play 1 side because of their stance (right leg back versus left leg back). Hard to play RT if you only fire off well with your right leg. JMHO.

I saw you mention a rule I have almost always gone by. You're expecting a Big12 OL to succeed in the pros. I never trust them. They never are expected to sustain blocks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rieff is the only one from a man scheme.

I can say this from actually watching all 6 quite a few times that Warford mostly played man. Having read articles and watching the plays unfold live tell a different story, IMO.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size and foot speed. They're true down hill blockers. Also adjusting to power scheme is easy. Zone schemes in college where you hold a block for two seconds at best. College and the pros are worlds apart these days. You know that Yao. In college you can miss blocks and the shotgun QB has already thrown the ball by the time a DL guy is two steps deep.

I won't argue there but explain why everyone is of the impression that we need to go to a power scheme? Lucas and Waddle are weak as hell and need to stay on the outside. Both are not as "quick" as they are expected to be out there. It worked in college but not here. Swanson isn't a power blocker either.

With Warford and Tomlinson, you can make a case for a man scheme but we still need the OTs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost positive Ferentz ran a primarily Man scheme at Iowa (it showed on film). I'm also positive Swanson's first three years under Booby Petrino were primarily man scheme. Waddle and Lucas both come from Zone scheme. Warford primarily played a man scheme with sprinkles of some zone. Tomlinson was a mix of zone/man.

Tomlinson, Waddle and Lucas all came from primarily spread + zone read option teams.

I could agree with Yao if these guys were also pro style zone blockers. That gimmick spread and pistol are killing kids development in the pros. Principles are totally different within all these schemes.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambidextrous only applies to hands, not legs and feet. Unless the liberals changed this too and I missed it.

Actually it does not. It is most commonly understood to be hands but can be used for anything. Ambi means both and dextrous means right (not hands). You could actually use it for ears if you want to.

Ambipedal probably would have been a more accurate word though.

As far as the "liberal" nonsense, you youngins have lost your minds when it comes to this stupid politcal crap. Most young people are clueless when it comes to politics. Mostly name calling and fact twisting. My guess is you are a conservative and probably a tea party one. I can tell by your concern more fore technical meaning of a word then the actual subject matter. We need to change the voting age to like 40.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it does not. It is most commonly understood to be hands but can be used for anything. Ambi means both and dextrous means right (not hands). You could actually use it for ears if you want to.

Ambipedal probably would have been a more accurate word though.

As far as the "liberal" nonsense, you youngins have lost your minds when it comes to this stupid politcal crap. Most young people are clueless when it comes to politics. Mostly name calling and fact twisting. My guess is you are a conservative and probably a tea party one. I can tell by your concern more fore technical meaning of a word then the actual subject matter. We need to change the voting age to like 40.

Way to take a joke and turn it into a liberal crying session.

I read up on the ambidextrous thing. While you're technically right, it tends to affect 1% of the population, so I don't think it's creeped it's way into football. Unless you have other stuff I can read.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read up on the ambidextrous thing. While you're technically right, it tends to affect 1% of the population, so I don't think it's creeped it's way into football. Unless you have other stuff I can read.

That was exactly my point. Most people have a dominant side and non dominant side in both hands and feet.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never thought I would be part of the 1%. There is no way I could kick with my left leg as well as I can my right. :yes:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would be part of the 1%. There is no way I could kick with my left leg as well as I can my right. :yes:

Bat and threw left handed, yet snapped and long snapped right handed. Write and kick from my right side. I played C/RG/RT... Pretty sure my legs were best on that side. I flat out sucked as a LT in two games due to injury. Happy as shit when Chris came back. Used the wrong techniques and footwork.

Swing a sledgehammer and spike maul both ways. Screws with people for sure. So, in short I'm a 1% person with my hands and not with my feet.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bat and threw left handed, yet snapped and long snapped right handed. Write and kick from my right side. I played C/RG/RT... Pretty sure my legs were best on that side. I flat out sucked as a LT in two games due to injury. Happy as shit when Chris came back. Used the wrong techniques and footwork.

Swing a sledgehammer and spike maul both ways. Screws with people for sure. So, in short I'm a 1% person with my hands and not with my feet.

I know there is something I do with my left hand. :think: Oh wait, that's right. It's my 'strange'.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right handed, shoot a hockey stick left handed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was exactly my point. Most people have a dominant side and non dominant side in both hands and feet.

Then I read it wrong. My bad.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep telling everyone that Lucas is a LT. He has not adjusted to the right side. Not sure why. One would think it is harder to go from RT to LT then the other way around.

Why can't he just be a late round pick that didn't pan out and isn't very good? From the looks of it. Waddle's season a couple years ago looks a bit fluky as well. He's been getting manhandled out there this season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't he just be a late round pick that didn't pan out and isn't very good? From the looks of it. Waddle's season a couple years ago looks a bit fluky as well. He's been getting manhandled out there this season.

Scheme?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i were GM first thing i'd do is start the hunt for a more qualified GM(Same thing Mayhew should have done when he was hired) 3rd time is the charm as my initials are MM

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i were GM first thing i'd do is start the hunt for a more qualified GM(Same thing Mayhew should have done when he was hired) 3rd time is the charm as my initials are MM

I am thinking you should not even be able to post here anymore then. ;)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

latest?cb=20140413035157

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When that MM thing started last week I laughed when I remembered your email.