• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you're the GM

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton, Rivers, Carr, Smith, Big Ben, Flacco, Dalton, Brady, Tannehill, Taylor, Mariota, Luck, Romo, Eli, Rodgers, Stafford, Bridgewater, Cutler, Brees, Ryan, Cam, Palmer, Wilson = better

Fitz, McCown, Hoyer, Bortles, Foles = debatable

Bradford, Jameis, Kap = worse

Cousins is still a pretty bad QB

You really believe that the current Peyton (not the one from years past) is better than Cousins? I don't. Tannehill, Stafford and Cutler are debatable. I also don't put Flacco that much higher. This is based only on this season - not previous seasons.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe that the current Peyton (not the one from years past) is better than Cousins? I don't. Tannehill, Stafford and Cutler are debatable. I also don't put Flacco that much higher. This is based only on this season - not previous seasons.

Yes I really believe that. And I don't think cousins is close to cutler or flacco. Idk about the other 2.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I really believe that. And I don't think cousins is close to cutler or flacco. Idk about the other 2.

So - are you basing this off actual play from this season or reputation? Big difference. Peyton has been pretty bad this season due to age & injuries. Who knows - he might recover & do as well as previous seasons. However - especially since more play may weigh on him - that is far from guaranteed. Flacco has also been pretty bad this season, and I don't understand why anyone would want Cutler.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - are you basing this off actual play from this season or reputation? Big difference. Peyton has been pretty bad this season due to age & injuries. Who knows - he might recover & do as well as previous seasons. However - especially since more play may weigh on him - that is far from guaranteed. Flacco has also been pretty bad this season, and I don't understand why anyone would want Cutler.

that is just something from hard headed people . manning has 6 tds and 7 ints this year as for laying off RG3 i defended him for 3 years and his behavior screwed it up . no he will get 3 years of abuse from me

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean that if we needed a QB to beat the Jets this week there's no chance I'm taking cousins over peyton. Maybe that's based on reputation but I'm not going to apologize for considering the reputation of arguably the greatest quaterback of all time and expecting him to be ok.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is just something from hard headed people . manning has 6 tds and 7 ints this year as for laying off RG3 i defended him for 3 years and his behavior screwed it up . no he will get 3 years of abuse from me

LOL know the feeling Dad. I'm as angry as a scorned lover when it comes to Griff.

As for the list and Cousins we can debatr that for a month. But even with the New Peyton I think he gives you more than Cousins now.. As for Flacco and Cutler we've got enough of a book on thrm, we shouldn't use just the last 5 games. Cutler is debatable, same problem as Cousins. Flacco on the other hand has multiple good to great playoff runs so he's clearly ahead of Kirk.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL know the feeling Dad. I'm as angry as a scorned lover when it comes to Griff.

As for the list and Cousins we can debatr that for a month. But even with the New Peyton I think he gives you more than Cousins now.. As for Flacco and Cutler we've got enough of a book on thrm, we shouldn't use just the last 5 games. Cutler is debatable, same problem as Cousins. Flacco on the other hand has multiple good to great playoff runs so he's clearly ahead of Kirk.

Exactly. Using 5 games to decide this stuff is silly anyway.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Kirk looks up and down to me, not nearly consistent enough to be the long term choice of this franchise.

The TOs are not offset by enough good game- changing plays at this time to really make an argument for him as anything other than a place card.

Still backing him as our best option to run this offense currently and hoping for more consistency on the 'less than 2 INT' a game stat. We might have something if he could play accurately, consistently. But I'm not really expecting that.

In terms of a Contract...I'll leave that to others who understand the cap and salary ramifications much better than I.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think KC can grow into the job . he is like most young qbs inconsistent . he has good attributes so let them develop more

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think KC can grow into the job . he is like most young qbs inconsistent . he has good attributes so let them develop more

If it were just the picks I'd agree with you, and there is no question he will continue to improve. But to be a good QB you need to be accurate and he just misses too many throws.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what guys, this is beginning to look exactly like the arguments the cropped up when the team wanted to cut Forbath. Remember the whole best option, best in the history, and most accurate arguments? Well, what happened when some of you actually saw what an upgrade looked like?

SM is bringing in guys who can and often do get playing time right away, this has been clearly demonstrated with this years haul. KC has to dramatically step up this year or face the real possibility that he too will fall victim to another season of SM's purge. I don't see him not being on a roster next year be it here or elsewhere, mainly because right now he'd make a damn good backup here and an upgrade at the position elsewhere. Again, no slight towards Kirk, but we've all seen much better QB play in our lives, and as was the case with Forbath, I believe that SM intends to upgrade every single spot on this team, including QB!!!

SN: if anyone wants to know what dramatic steps KC needs to display, just ask!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At times like this I think of Trent Green .... and I am not saying Cousins is Trent Green but man that one still hurts.

The Skins would only have to wait less than 2 years. Green became a top tier QB in his sixth year, second year with KC. Green's window was small though. 2002 - 2005, some might even opine 2004 was his last year being a top tier QB.

Trent Green - The Football Database

Hoping KC turns out like Trent Green is a helleva lot better than hoping he turns out like Rich Gannon. I don't have that much patience.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is still young into his career . working on mechanics could help with accuracy . certainly worth investing some time in that

doesnt mean you dont draft a qb . but you dont lose if you let him develop / hold the spot for the rookie when ready

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Break it down...................
OK,
Right now Gruden has been putting him in position to makes easily makable throws, trouble is he's struggling with those. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and even when he hits them the type of catch needed leaves no wiggle for YAC's

Again keep Gruden in mind, the team's scoring average is 19 points per game, but if he won't allow the team to attack more, it says a lot about his level of confidence and Kirk takes the hit as leader of the offense.

The only player that remotely strikes fear in the opposition is DJax, in a QB driven league, on this team the other guy has to be, surprise....the QB. Right now, the league wide game plan against Washington is play 8 in the box and dare Kirk to beat them. That's a huge step, however, as of this moment, it's not one that has been established as an accomplishment. Beyond that his presence makes no one better because he is out there.

I can't say for sure, but his ability to audible into situations that take full advantage of defensive sets and leads to bigger gains simply is not there. Again, maybe that's what has been decided in game planning to keep things relatively safe, but when he's on the field he's in full control and a couple of those type of successful audibles could in fact give Gruden the notion that the guy is chomping at the bit and ready for a heavier load.

BTW: About his on field demeanor, why are the lights out? When was the last time you or anyone else got the impression that he was in charge? He says nothing to his guys, not a pat on the helmet nor an admonishment for good or bad play respectively.

Still needs work on his mechanics, release point is often hurried, throws off of the back foot more than he needs to and with respect to what everyone criticized the other guy for not doing (getting the ball out quickly) his is just the opposite at times, not holding for just another beat.

Notice anything about his head when he drops back?......dude never uses his head or eyes to keep or move DB's and LB'ers. Deep ball is a wash, not enough of them to make a judgment on accuracy and arm strenght there. Again until the opposition sees it......it will be discounted. Personally, I would love to see him display a bit more nimbleness in the pocket and become more of a threat with mobility. Dude can run, we've seen it!!

Just top of my head stuff, but putting it all together, he'll shed himself of that "Game manager" label. The question is can he put it all together, better yet will he be allowed to and why not?? Clock is ticking!

****notice nothing about his propensity to throw picks!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK,
Right now Gruden has been putting him in position to makes easily makable throws, trouble is he's struggling with those. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and even when he hits them the type of catch needed leaves no wiggle for YAC's

Again keep Gruden in mind, the team's scoring average is 19 points per game, but if he won't allow the team to attack more, it says a lot about his level of confidence and Kirk takes the hit as leader of the offense.

The only player that remotely strikes fear in the opposition is DJax, in a QB driven league, on this team the other guy has to be, surprise....the QB. Right now, the league wide game plan against Washington is play 8 in the box and dare Kirk to beat them. That's a huge step, however, as of this moment, it's not one that has been established as an accomplishment. Beyond that his presence makes no one better because he is out there.

I can't say for sure, but his ability to audible into situations that take full advantage of defensive sets and leads to bigger gains simply is not there. Again, maybe that's what has been decided in game planning to keep things relatively safe, but when he's on the field he's in full control and a couple of those type of successful audibles could in fact give Gruden the notion that the guy is chomping at the bit and ready for a heavier load.

BTW: About his on field demeanor, why are the lights out? When was the last time you or anyone else got the impression that he was in charge? He says nothing to his guys, not a pat on the helmet nor an admonishment for good or bad play respectively.

Still needs work on his mechanics, release point is often hurried, throws off of the back foot more than he needs to and with respect to what everyone criticized the other guy for not doing (getting the ball out quickly) his is just the opposite at times, not holding for just another beat.

Notice anything about his head when he drops back?......dude never uses his head or eyes to keep or move DB's and LB'ers. Deep ball is a wash, not enough of them to make a judgment on accuracy and arm strenght there. Again until the opposition sees it......it will be discounted. Personally, I would love to see him display a bit more nimbleness in the pocket and become more of a threat with mobility. Dude can run, we've seen it!!

Just top of my head stuff, but putting it all together, he'll shed himself of that "Game manager" label. The question is can he put it all together, better yet will he be allowed to and why not?? Clock is ticking!

****notice nothing about his propensity to throw picks!

Nice.....let's see your critique!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins would only have to wait less than 2 years. Green became a top tier QB in his sixth year, second year with KC. Green's window was small though. 2002 - 2005, some might even opine 2004 was his last year being a top tier QB.

Trent Green - The Football Database

Hoping KC turns out like Trent Green is a helleva lot better than hoping he turns out like Rich Gannon. I don't have that much patience.

I think you left out the part of being signed as a FA by St. Louis and losing that year. Not like they were going to pull Warner after winning the Super Bowl. Agree that his last three years were injury filled. Great QB? No but better than anyone that has played behind center since they decided to not sign him.

I guess it depends on who you ask if that could be the case for either Cousins or Griffin. I don't know the answer. As I said in an earlier post I'll leave that decision to SM. No one here knows what he knows.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw it last week. dad posted it and you put up a mad face.

?????? Have no idea what you're talking about! Under what thread title??

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is - Brock , this is why Rg3 is sitting.