• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you're the GM

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading some of the ongoing posts about Kirk Cousins where some say that he still needs more time, some ask....for what?, while others insist that there needs to be more trust placed in him by opening up the offense. This got me wondering what was a good way to currently guage where most think he stands after 5 games.

For those of you who want to say that it's too early, save it, that's an excuse to not offer what you truly believe. Attack the messenger? diversion.... and you know it!!! BTW: The ONLY way that this is about Griffin or McCoy will be because YOU make it so!!!

My question: At this point, what SHOULD KC's new contract look like?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years $25 million total value with $6 million guaranteed And maybe another $12M of the total value tied to roster bonuses over the final three years of the deal.

Keeps his cap hit below $7 million in any year of the deal, leaves the team an out option in the last 3 years of the contract, and pays Kirk more than he will get as a backup any place else which is what most around here consider him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years $25 million total value with $6 million guaranteed And maybe another $12M of the total value tied to roster bonuses over the final three years of the deal.

Keeps his cap hit below $7 million in any year of the deal, leaves the team an out option in the last 3 years of the contract, and pays Kirk more than he will get as a backup any place else which is what most around here consider him.

Not too bad Shark, but Kirk's gonna want something more in line with what your boy in Miami got, probably with some built in incentives as well. I believe that he goes into negotiations believing that he has the leverage to pull it off because the other options are 3, Colt and possibly a rookie.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too bad Shark, but Kirk's gonna want something more in line with what your boy in Miami got, probably with some built in incentives as well. I believe that he goes into negotiations believing that he has the leverage to pull it off because the other options are 3, Colt and possibly a rookie.

I dont see that happening unless this team finishes at least .500 with Cousins as the starter. And you are right, there are no other realistic options. Because if we are drafting a QB, it means we are also working with a new coach.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see that happening unless this team finishes at least .500 with Cousins as the starter. And you are right, there are no other realistic options. Because if we are drafting a QB, it means we are also working with a new coach.

So you don't think that Gruden stays if the number one need in the draft is a QB? Care to elaborate a bit on that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think that Gruden stays if the number one need in the draft is a QB? Care to elaborate a bit on that?

You aint dense Sty and we both know it.

If the Skins are in a position to need to draft a QB, it means Kirk and by extension Gruden, has failed. More over, if we are actually in the draft position to take a QB high, it means Gruden was likely fired. Now i know some here are secretly or hell even out right hoping for this. But to be honest I cant see a scenario where it is better for the team to be in a position to need to draft a QB next year. Atleast not before the 3-7th rounds.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aint dense Sty and we both know it.

If the Skins are in a position to need to draft a QB, it means Kirk and by extension Gruden, has failed. More over, if we are actually in the draft position to take a QB high, it means Gruden was likely fired. Now i know some here are secretly or hell even out right hoping for this. But to be honest I cant see a scenario where it is better for the team to be in a position to need to draft a QB next year. Atleast not before the 3-7th rounds.

Just drumming up more responses on the particular subject...... I know that you've been saying it for more than a minute. Shit, did I just give away my strategy? :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was GM I would want this to play out for the year before resigning Kirk. If I was going to offer a contract now I would say something like 3 years at $9 - 15 million. Escalate the salaries each year like every other contract and guarantee $4 mill so you could get out if you want. All that being said we have no clue what direction SM wants to move in regarding QB, HC or anything else.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sure as the tide goes in and out and Sty was quiet last week what a shock that he is back this week. Give away what strategy? It's very much like country and dean coming to rant about the coaching as soon as the Redskins fall behind. :dhd:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sure as the tide goes in and out and Sty was quiet last week what a shock that he is back this week. Give away what strategy? It's very much like country and dean coming to rant about the coaching as soon as the Redskins fall behind. :dhd:

Quiet???? Were you not paying attention? Go back and check, this site was pretty quiet last week anyway. Topics were pretty dull and going nowhere. In fact, you were pretty quiet yourself last week, guess that means I can bend the rules of logic and make veiled assumptions about you as well. I'm better than that, and so should you strive to be.

BTW: if you're not going to read and understand comments in context, (give away my strategy) that is a contemptutously bad practice and does a disservice to all that follow your offerings here. Do better!!!

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Cousins and Griffin walk and try to sign Brees after the Saints release him

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Cousins and Griffin walk and try to sign Brees after the Saints release him
uh, pass. The days of signing past their prime vets left when SM became GM. Brees is in the twilight of his career. That's just like the signing of mcnabb and brunell. It's not the way to build a team, it's short term thinkin.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet???? Were you not paying attention? Go back and check, this site was pretty quiet last week anyway. Topics were pretty dull and going nowhere. In fact, you were pretty quiet yourself last week, guess that means I can bend the rules of logic and make veiled assumptions about you as well. I'm better than that, and so should you strive to be.

BTW: if you're not going to read and understand comments in context, (give away my strategy) that is a contemptutously bad practice and does a disservice to all that follow your offerings here. Do better!!!

Sty I am sadly un-coachable. My Scots-Irish heritage just won't allow it. It was all in good fun though Sty. You have made it perfectly clear where you stand. I just can't help but sticking my finger in that bees nest to see what might happen. :noidea: We had a saying when I worked on the flight deck of a carrier "no doodads, no air medals." Bet dad had one similar to that for the duties he performed.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Sportster 72, post: 7358397, member: Sty, sadly I am un-coachable. My scots-Irish heritage just won't allow it. It was all in good fun though Sty. You have made it perfectly clear where you stand. I just can't help but sticking my finger in that bees nest to see what might happen. :noidea: We had a saying when I worked on the flight deck of a carrier "no doodads, no air medals." Bet dad had one similar to that for the duties he performed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we had a few in 'nam too among them "diddle-bopping inna some deep shit" seems to come to mind. Not sure if my position is perfectly clear or not, but as you state, all in good fun!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is the contract and that is what he is worth . forget tannehill

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question: At this point, what SHOULD KC's new contract look like?

If I were GM I wouldn't feel comfortable enough at this point to offer him a new contract.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its week 5 so he's not getting a new contract any time soon. At the end of the year if he'll sign cheaply at backup $$ I'd look into it and than look for FA competition and hopefully a QB in the draft.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way Id pay him that. But as you said most here consider him a backup and I fall into the most category on that one lol