• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your teams worst draft moves

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcgwire over Favre is worst than Curry over Matthews.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams pick doesn't make any sense. Nobody was looking at Ray Lewis at #6 (where they took Lawrence Phillips), he went at #26. That's a reach. Eddie George went at #14. Hell, in that same first round the Rams took Eddie Kennison one pick before Marvin Harrison.

The Rams have made several more recent goofs that are far more infuriating. They screwed up 2 out of 3 2nd rounders in 2012. First, they took Brian Quick to start the round, who hasn't amounted to much to date. The second pick was Janoris Jenkins, solid pick. The third pick? They decided to get tricky and trade down with the Bears, assuming Bobby Wagner (their target) would still be there. Nope. To make things worse, the Bears used that pick on Alshon Jeffery.

Some of the picks made under Martz' leadership were just plain awful. The Rams screwed up the draft so many times before they got Snead at GM that it's no wonder it's been such a long rebuilding process. Jason Smith, Donnie Avery, Brian Leonard, Tye Hill, Joe Klopfenstein, Alex Barron, Robert Thomas, Trung Canidate, etc.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the Raiders example has to be the biggest oops! One of the biggest busts in history for Calvin Johnson.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the worst draft move but Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers would have struggled similar to what Alex had to face but I can't help to think that the 9ers would have 2 more SB wins with Aaron as the QB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the worst draft move but Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers would have struggled similar to what Alex had to face but I can't help to think that the 9ers would have 2 more SB wins with Aaron as the QB.

Aaron at QB with that 2011 Niners defense.... As long as he stayed healthy that's a wrap ... Niners would a won it all hands down..

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a different take on my team's worst draft moment.

At the Draft Party in Houston, Texans fans started booing when the name JJ Watt was called.

Bet they feel like fucking idiots now.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks
The pick:
OLB Aaron Curry, No. 9 overall in 2009
The miss: OLB Clay Matthews, No. 26 overall to Packers

:gaah::L:doh:

:sadbron:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to disagree with the Broncos pick. Tebow at least provided a bit of a spark to the team and the fanbase after some terrible years. Yeah he wasn't a great player but us making the playoffs during the Tebow year at least got us noticed enough by Manning for him to sign with the Broncos.

To me our worst pick was Jarvis Moss. He hadn't done a whole lot in college and then had one outstanding game that helped sky rocket him into the 1st round. Unfortunately we were the team that fell for the hype.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enis is bad for the Bears.

Ced Benson was a pretty big bust at the 4 spot too.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers recently took Amini Silatolu when Alshon Jeffery was still on the board. Also, one year Gurney went spray-n-pray with QB's and drafted 3 (Jimmy Claussen, Armanti Edwards, Tony Pike). Just remembering this makes me thankful for having Gettleman now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to disagree with the Broncos pick. Tebow at least provided a bit of a spark to the team and the fanbase after some terrible years. Yeah he wasn't a great player but us making the playoffs during the Tebow year at least got us noticed enough by Manning for him to sign with the Broncos.

To me our worst pick was Jarvis Moss. He hadn't done a whole lot in college and then had one outstanding game that helped sky rocket him into the 1st round. Unfortunately we were the team that fell for the hype.

We seemed to have a lot of first round busts. Other than Moss in 07 we had Marcus Nash in 98, Willie Middlebrooks in 01, Ashley Lelie in 02, and Robert Ayers in 09.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not enough to erase a terrible pick for the long term.

Ha. 6 years later, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win. Yeah, really devastated the Denver Broncos to take Tebow. Still recovering, I guess. Really needed to get McCourty, a CB. Not like the Broncos had the best pass D in the league this year or anything.

I got to go with cdumler. Gotta be Jarvis Moss. Could've got D. Bowe, Jon Beason, Joe Staley, Greg Olsen, Eric Weddle, Ryan Kalil or a whole host of others that had more success than Moss. And it was at a time when Denver really needed talent.

In hindsight, Mason Crosby in the 1st would've made more sense than Moss. Just a guess, but this article was probably written by a Tebow hater.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to go with cdumler. Gotta be Jarvis Moss. Could've got D. Bowe, Jon Beason, Joe Staley, Greg Olsen, Eric Weddle, Ryan Kalil or a whole host of others that had more success than Moss. And it was at a time when Denver really needed talent.

Packers bombed that draft in 1st round as well with Justin Harrell (drafted one spot ahead of Denver and Moss).

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lions its selecting QB Andre Ware over all-pro left tackle Richmond Webb they should have built around Barry while he was here instead of ignoring the oline. Charles Rogers was super talented, but got derailed by back to back collar bone injuries. Andre Ware was just bad and never belonged in the NFL.