• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your teams most devastating playoff loss

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many to choose from as a Packers fan but the 2014 NFC Championship game stands our for me. 2:09 from going to the Super Bowl which, IMO, they would have won but the effin backup TE can't field an on-sides kick.

Cot Damn It

Yeah, that is really, really bad. I even felt bad for a few of my Packers fan friends there, and it takes a lot for that to happen with the way you guys have kicked our asses recently. lol

Losing the Super Bowl is always tough, like we did in 2006. However, losing the NFC Title game to Green Bay was probably the worst for me. It's not even the rivalry thing so much as it was the way it went down. With Cutler getting hurt immediately, limping around for the 2nd quarter and then coming out in the 3rd. Then... fucking Caleb Hanie almost resurrects the team from the dead, and comes 20 yards from tying it before tossing an INT with 30 seconds left.

I also thought going into the game, that either GB or CHI would beat Pittsburgh that year in the Super Bowl. I still believe that. Which is why it hurt that much more. The fallout was 10x worse than the loss too, with the cries that Cutler quit... etc... That whole thing was such a fucking media circus in Chicago. My goodness.

However, seeing as we've never had a truly "last second" "choked away" playoff loss (knock on wood, as I never want to experience one like the Saints just had).

The worst for me was the following year in 2011, when we lost Cutler/Forte for the season in back-to-back weeks. That was the best Bears team of my lifetime (wasn't around for 85). They had the #1 defense in the league at the time, and the offense finally put it together too. Had dropped 30+ in 5 straight wins before those injuries. I thought we were going to the Super Bowl, and then Caleb Hanie lost to Tim fucking Tebow. It all went to hell, and we lost 5 straight. Got eliminated by the Pack on Christmas day.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think The Catch stung more because I thought we had that game won, both before and after it.

Yeah. I thought Pearson was gone and that Septien had a chip shot FG waiting for him. I've talked with a bunch of my old classmates in California over the years. They thought so too. Eric Wright is every much a hero to them as Dwight Clark is.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 2014 NFC Title game – that fuck stick Brandon Bostick tried to be a hero. Any one of about 5 different things go differently we still win that game.

2. 1997 SB – damn John Elway and that stupid “helicopter” run that is on every SB highlight video also their OL created so many massive holes to run through…ugh

3. 1998 NFC WC card – Rice fumbled that damn ball and we got hosed. Then another highlight reel play with TO catching the TD. A little part of me died that day.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep the memories of the bizarre and often inexplicable playoff losses in a neat dark space in my mental attic. I don't have the energy to really bring them up, especially since Clayton has listed several of them. Can't do much but try again and hope things go your way with a better team.
I feel like KC blew all of their good karma beating the Chargers, Broncos, Falcons and Jaguars in 2016. A lot of those wins were just as improbable as a lot of KC's playoff losses but playing well in the regular season doesn't mean squat.

The Chiefs beat the Eagles with Wentz and New England @New England and couldn't even win a playoff game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like KC blew all of their good karma beating the Chargers, Broncos, Falcons and Jaguars in 2016. A lot of those wins were just as improbable as a lot of KC's playoff losses but playing well in the regular season doesn't mean squat.

The Chiefs beat the Eagles with Wentz and New England @New England and couldn't even win a playoff game.
It's all really strange. It doesn't even feel like a 'choking' or 'toughness' issue looking at a lot of the wins they've had over the past 5 years or so. A lot of it is just drops at the wrong time, an injury here and there, and bad Alex shows up. Dispiriting, but no reason to blow it apart per se either.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all really strange. It doesn't even feel like a 'choking' or 'toughness' issue looking at a lot of the wins they've had over the past 5 years or so. A lot of it is just drops at the wrong time, an injury here and there, and bad Alex shows up. Dispiriting, but no reason to blow it apart per se either.
There is something to be said about New Englands constant success but even with NE you saw a strip fumble that Jack could've taken back and sealed the game with in the JAX game and that is something thats very un-New England. Jax barely beat Buffalo.

KC just needs to improve its defense and hope everything falls into place

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a Seahawks fan so the obvious two stick out with the most recent being obviously the worst

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were including SB's obviously the 07 loss to Giants with the Tyre helmet catch, ruining the 19-0 and having to listen to Shula, Mercury Morris and Dirt endlessly

The 06 AFCG vs Indy was the worst. Pats were up 21-3 and on the move, but an offensive penalty called a big first down back and then it went down hill from there. Bug-eyed Caldwell dropped three easy passes, one in EZ and one inside the 10 yard line, with no defender to stop him. Capital fucking OUCH

:agree: Sonny the '85 Bears made you all look like a bad high school team

:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll help you understand SJ Thread is most Devastating Loss. Bears were expected to beat NE handily with the best D I have ever seen. The 07 season, Pat's 18-0 , favored by 14 points to the Giants led by Eli, up 4 with little time left and well you know the rest pal. Just like your should be the 01 SB when Rams, the greatest show on turf was also favored by 14 to a team led by a backup 6 rd pick QB

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I traveled to watch that game with friends, ferry fares, gas, time spent.

Horrible stuff.

But I did pick up an ounce of Hawaiian....

Great stuff.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll help you understand SJ Thread is most Devastating Loss. Bears were expected to beat NE handily with the best D I have ever seen. The 07 season, Pat's 18-0 , favored by 14 points to the Giants led by Eli, up 4 with little time left and well you know the rest pal. Just like your should be the 01 SB when Rams, the greatest show on turf was also favored by 14 to a team led by a backup 6 rd pick QB

Sonny I just love fucking with you at least once a week. Yer my boy blue

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are also right Again. That Rams Super Bowl loss is still bullshit and that '85 Bears D was the best I've ever seen as well

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny I just love fucking with you at least once a week. Yer my boy blue

I was just recovering after 30 years, and you reopened up old wounds

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many to choose from as a Packers fan but the 2014 NFC Championship game stands our for me. 2:09 from going to the Super Bowl which, IMO, they would have won but the effin backup TE can't field an on-sides kick.

Cot Damn It
Same thing happened to the 49ers in the Staubach game game against the Cowboys. Lost a 28-10 lead when Preston Riley could not field an onside kick at the end. Lost 31-28.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff loss to the Raiders (1976 playoffs).

Screwed and returned the favor 25 years later!