• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your move, Redskins

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad idea.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wahoo is one of my favorite logos, but I can see why they would do this.

I don't think they should change the team name as I don't think Indians is a derogatory term. I would be disappointed if they did that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not a surprise as they've been slowly phasing the logo at as it was.

Still don't see Snyder budging though as he knows the paying customers that want him to keep the name outweigh the people that want it changed that don't put a dime in his pockets.

But I'm sure ProFootballPoliticsTalk err I mean ProFootballTalk and Mike "I really wanted to be a political journalist but had to settle for sports" Florio will have multiple articles a day on it.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should just go full on rogue and change it to the other Indians. Have a logo with a guy behind the glass of the night time check-in counter of the run down Days Inn that he owns and manages. Also have cows freely roaming in the outfield.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah. the name and logo are ok. they arent cartoonish depictions.
I don't think that's the core issue these groups have. It's not even the fact the name is Redskins, Chiefs, Indians or Braves, it's the representation of it. The very fact it is depiction without their say so bothers them. Not a problem for the Utah Utes or FSU, is going to be for the pro clubs down the road. At least, that's the branch that's most politically active with this kind of stuff, just my opinion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about as non PC as they come, but the Wahoo had to go.

Keep the name, develop a logo that honors the people.

Chief Wahoo was developed to honor the people.

Louis Sockalexis - Wikipedia

Although Sockalexis had a brief career, he faced many obstacles during his time in professional baseball. It was reported that fans of the opposing teams often shouted racial slurs toward him due to his Penobscot heritage. Additionally, fans imitated war whoops and war dances in his presence.[1]Later, when sports journalists attributed his rapid decline to alcoholism, they identified the disease as the inherent "Indian weakness".[1]

When the Cleveland Naps changed their name to the Indians in 1915, the franchise did so to honor Sockalexis.[7] The Indians' official media guide says that the owners solicited sportswriters to ask fans for their favorite nickname, and the name Indians was chosen by a young girl who wrote to one of the sportswriters whose column requested suggestions. She specifically mentioned Sockalexis and his heritage.

LouisSockalexis.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until the liberals tell us how the word "Patriots" is offensive and promotes white nationalism. It's coming.
Drama drama drama

all you want is more drama so you can keep whining.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief Wahoo was developed to honor the people.

Louis Sockalexis - Wikipedia

Although Sockalexis had a brief career, he faced many obstacles during his time in professional baseball. It was reported that fans of the opposing teams often shouted racial slurs toward him due to his Penobscot heritage. Additionally, fans imitated war whoops and war dances in his presence.[1]Later, when sports journalists attributed his rapid decline to alcoholism, they identified the disease as the inherent "Indian weakness".[1]

When the Cleveland Naps changed their name to the Indians in 1915, the franchise did so to honor Sockalexis.[7] The Indians' official media guide says that the owners solicited sportswriters to ask fans for their favorite nickname, and the name Indians was chosen by a young girl who wrote to one of the sportswriters whose column requested suggestions. She specifically mentioned Sockalexis and his heritage.

LouisSockalexis.jpg

by that justification, a team could renamed the Dominicans today to honor a single player on a team and that would be ok

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until the liberals tell us how the word "Patriots" is offensive and promotes white nationalism. It's coming.
no, i dont think so.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the core issue these groups have. It's not even the fact the name is Redskins, Chiefs, Indians or Braves, it's the representation of it. The very fact it is depiction without their say so bothers them. Not a problem for the Utah Utes or FSU, is going to be for the pro clubs down the road. At least, that's the branch that's most politically active with this kind of stuff, just my opinion.

The agenda behind all fake political outrage is to tear down history. It starts with statues and sports logos and ends with calling criminals "dreamers", and and legal Americans "racists." This is how and why our Constitutional Rights are attacked by career politicians. Imagine a smiling cartoon character created by a child is all of a sudden racist. How brainwashed can people be?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no, it's going to happen! He has to somehow make himself the victim instead of actually understanding the issue.

That's pretty funny coming from you.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The agenda behind all fake political outrage is to tear down history. It starts with statues and sports logos and ends with calling criminals "dreamers", and and legal Americans "racists." This is how and why our Constitutional Rights are attacked by career politicians. Imagine a smiling cartoon character created by a child is all of a sudden racist. How brainwashed can people be?
that logo was not created by a child

Cleveland Indians' Chief Wahoo, from inception to end: A timeline

1915 - Cleveland baseball team becomes the Indians

The Cleveland team was previously named the "Naps" but changed in 1914 when star player Nap Lajoie left. The choice was left to baseball writers.

Whether the name was chosen to honor former Native American Indians player Louis Sockalexis is a highly-debated origin story.

1932 - "The Little Indian"

Some historians say what would come to become Chief Wahoo actually began in The Plain Dealer. Known as "The Little Indian," the strips, featuring a Native American character, was based on the results of the last day's game.

1947 - Walter Goldbach designs the first version of Chief Wahoo

The first iteration of Chief Wahoo was designed by 17-year-old Walter Goldbach. The Indians' owner at the time, Bill Veech, commissioned the logo.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going back to this logo are they?
Logo_of_the_Cleveland_Indians_%281946-1950%29.png