• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You Gotta Be Kidding.....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Lions -

Matt Millen was best known for being a HOF player who doubled as a great TV analyst.

After Lions -

Matt Millen is best known as the worst GM in sports history, a poor TV analyst who has no business talking football, and lastly, as a great football player by fans 35 and older.

Just Google "Matt Millen is...." for the truth.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean..."unbelievable"...but I cannot expect you to be able to spell.

I do not agree with you. He is remembered by most as a great football player. Most casual non-Lions fans do not even know he was the GM in Detroit. The percent of devout fans like you and I is very minimal across the country and then too, most devout fans could care less about Detroit. His total failure as a GM is huge to guys like you and me. Most pundits do not even care anymore and obviously the NFL does not care. This show will increase his popularity not diminish it. Step out of your Lions bubble for a moment.

It gets easier and easier to see why you had to flee the country.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice there is a "Who is Matt Millen?" poll posted in all 32 team message boards??

:omg:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear overalls at work. Nothing wrong with that. Only because my field of work does. Why he is I don't know?

I for one was a huge Penn State fan growing up on East Coast. I loved Millen as a kid. WHen he took the GM job, I figured the LIons would at least field a defense. Man was I wrong!!!

After the Johnnie Morton incident I knew he was not cut out to be a GM. After his 3rd draft WE all knew the Lions were in trouble. It was amazing how fast a person I idolized as child, I hated as a grown up. I won't even get into JoePa debacle. Have not watched a minute of PSU since.

All in all the guy was a great LB. SUCKED as a GM!!! To be put in perspective for you guys. Had Spielman taken the GM job and done the same, you nwould be in my shoes!

I wear em at work too, but my profession isn't fucking up Sundays. That's gotta make the Millen sting even worse since you followed the mustachioed moron since his PennState days!?! I'm not sure I can ever imagine hating Chris Spielman. He's from OHiO, went to the OhIo, but.... He's Chris Spielman. It's too hard to even imagine,.... Too painful.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you did not care. Then why defend Millen in the first place?:noidea:
I defended Millen? Here is what I posted:

"Believe it or not, being the GM of the Lions is not this guys entire life. His failure in Detroit is a huge story. Lions fans thought he was the messiah when he was hired. All of football was shocked at his ineptness as a GM. Bottom line though...this is a huge story."

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice there is a "Who is Matt Millen?" poll posted in all 32 team message boards?? :omg:

...and nobody cares...my point exactly

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean..."unbelievable"...but I cannot expect you to be able to spell.

I do not agree with you. He is remembered by most as a great football player. Most casual non-Lions fans do not even know he was the GM in Detroit. The percent of devout fans like you and I is very minimal across the country and then too, most devout fans could care less about Detroit. His total failure as a GM is huge to guys like you and me. Most pundits do not even care anymore and obviously the NFL does not care. This show will increase his popularity not diminish it. Step out of your Lions bubble for a moment.

The guy hoeing the rice paddy with a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champion TShirt on doesn't count as a casual non-Lions fan.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans thought he was the messiah when he was hired. All of football was shocked at his ineptness as a GM.

Maybe some did. I wondered what the hell they were doing hiring a f'n broadcaster with no experience. I admit the depth of his inadequacy was somewhat surprising because he had played the game, but I wasn't shocked at all.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most casual non-Lions fans do not even know he was the GM in Detroit.

Bullshit. Most football fans who have heard of Matt Millen are well aware he was the braintrust behind the disaster that was the Lions for several recent years. The guy's playing career ended 22 years ago and it's not as if he'll ever make the HOF without a ticket. You'd have to be in your mid 30s to even remember the guy played the game. My guess is that's he's known to FB fans as

Color commentator
Destroyer of the Lions
Player

in that order.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think destroying the Lions goes first. Any terrible job as GM is more likely to be compared to Millen than anyone else.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think destroying the Lions goes first. Any terrible job as GM is more likely to be compared to Millen than anyone else.

Some casual fans may be unaware of that but they've probably heard him doing games. That's why I put that first. Matt Millen fans are the only ones who'd remember him more for his playing days than screwing up the Lions, though.