• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You Gotta Be Kidding.....

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning a sentence with "And" and you profess to teach English.

Statements like this make it obvious that you worked in primary education. You're sorely lacking understanding of the intricacies of our language...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning a sentence with "And" and you profess to teach English.
AND I wouldn't expect anything less from you. That's all you had to come back with after I refuted your points and pointed out an error in your own grammar. 555

AND btw:

"The argument against using ‘and’ or ‘but’ to introduce a sentence is that such a sentence expresses an incomplete thought (or ‘fragment’) and is therefore incorrect.
However, this is a stylistic preference rather than a grammatical ‘rule’. If your teachers or your organization are inflexible about this issue, then you should respect their opinion, but ultimately, it’s just a point of view and you’re not being ungrammatical. If you want to defend your position, you can say that it’s particularly useful to start a sentence with these conjunctions if you’re aiming to create a dramatic or forceful effect."

So you see, I needed that "forceful" effect to show what a douchebag you are. And I achieved that task.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean..."unbelievable"...but I cannot expect you to be able to spell.

QUOTE]

Uh oh. First one to turn into the 'Internet Spelling Professor' admits douchebaggery (and the inability to win his argument based on the merits of his ideas).

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally wrote my 'douchebag' post without reading TP and Micro's 'douchebag' posts, I swear. Guess everyone read the post and thought, "What a douche."

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you meant "couldn't care less".
And you're and English teacher? Do you not know that the period comes before the quotation marks? Dang.

Wrong again on this one. I do believe that they have professional development to help you.

(I) could(n't) care less.
Inf. It doesn't matter to me. (The less bears the heaviest stress in both versions. Despite the apparent contradiction, either reading of this—both the affirmative and negative—usually have the same meaning. The exception would be in a sentence where the could bears the heaviest stress: I COULD care less, [but I don't.].) Tom: The rain is coming! The carpet will get wet! Mary: I couldn't care less. Bill: I'm going to go in there and tell off the boss? John: I could care less.
See also: care, could, less
could(n't) care less

[one is] unable to care at all; it does not matter at all. John couldn't care less whether he goes to the party or not. I could care less if I live or die.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All yalls gots the bad grammar!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucker is wearing overalls in the interview!!!

I wear overalls at work. Nothing wrong with that. Only because my field of work does. Why he is I don't know?

I for one was a huge Penn State fan growing up on East Coast. I loved Millen as a kid. WHen he took the GM job, I figured the LIons would at least field a defense. Man was I wrong!!!

After the Johnnie Morton incident I knew he was not cut out to be a GM. After his 3rd draft WE all knew the Lions were in trouble. It was amazing how fast a person I idolized as child, I hated as a grown up. I won't even get into JoePa debacle. Have not watched a minute of PSU since.

All in all the guy was a great LB. SUCKED as a GM!!! To be put in perspective for you guys. Had Spielman taken the GM job and done the same, you nwould be in my shoes!

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you meant "couldn't care less".
[/QUOTE]most devout fans could care less about Detroit[/QUOTE]

Well, as you know, I just polled the other 31 forums and they could care less.
219 people viewed the thread and did not bother to comment.
1 person said he was the worse GM.
Face it...outside of Detroit, football fans could give a rats ass what he did to Detroit. I would be willing to bet that most of them believe he did little damage at all and just perpetuated the ineptness of the Lions.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An English teacher who has to scour the internet to try and find support of his failure. Sad.

I believe he scoured the internet to prove how he used the context of the word, not failure. At times I wonder if you are indeed BSL?? When I read any post from you I picture Les Nessman from WKRP.

les+nessman.jpg

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he scoured the internet to prove how he used the context of the word, not failure.
Do not even pretend to not know who he is...he is the guy who criticizes everyone's use of the English language and today has made multiple errors himself...really now...who cares about grammar on this site?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]Well, as you know, I just polled the other 31 forums and they could care less.
[/QUOTE]

These people are on to something. We should just view and not comment.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a bafoon.

It's "couldn't care less" not "could care less." Saying that you "could care less" implies you actually must care somewhat, as there's still room to care less. Saying you "couldn't care less" implies that there's already zero caring.

Conjunction Junction, what's your major malfunction?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is remembered by most as a great football player
Not even a graduate of the Saginaw school system Bangkok whore with a half dozen ping balls in her snatch is that stupid. The ONLY thing this asshole is remembered for is his destruction of the Lions franchise.

I will bet the vast majority of football fans couldnt even tell you what teams he played for. Good god man, as if it was possible for me to think you could get an dumber you post that whopper of stupidity.

And nobody gives a flying fuck about spelling errors you Hooked On Phonics educated jackass!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people are on to something. We should just view and not comment.

See- he makes some valid points if you're willing to sift through all the garbage. He's the one who told us if you want to get rid of a troll you just have to ignore him, after all...:lol:

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a bafoon.

It's "couldn't care less" not "could care less." Saying that you "could care less" implies you actually must care somewhat, as there's still room to care less. Saying you "couldn't care less" implies that there's already zero caring.

Conjunction Junction, what's your major malfunction?

They are both correct.

(I) could(n't) care less.
Inf. It doesn't matter to me. (The less bears the heaviest stress in both versions. Despite the apparent contradiction, either reading of this—both the affirmative and negative—usually have the same meaning. The exception would be in a sentence where the could bears the heaviest stress: I COULD care less, [but I don't.].) Tom: The rain is coming! The carpet will get wet! Mary: I couldn't care less. Bill: I'm going to go in there and tell off the boss? John: I could care less.
could(n't) care less

[one is] unable to care at all; it does not matter at all. John couldn't care less whether he goes to the party or not. I could care less if I live or die.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as you know, I just polled the other 31 forums and they could care less.
1 person said he was the worse GM.
Face it...outside of Detroit, football fans could give a rats ass what he did to Detroit. I would be willing to bet that most of them believe he did little damage at all and just perpetuated the ineptness of the Lions.

AFC West and NFC West fans that are older may remember him more for his playing days.

Younger fans and fans of the NFC North (Lions, Bears, Vikings, Packers) I believe will easily remember him more for his tenure as Lions GM.... it was pretty much a disaster, so much of a disaster that I was always happy to see him as the Lions GM for another year for selfish reasons as Packers fan.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is the guy who criticizes everyone's use of the English language
No, just yours bc u were a douche and correcting others before your initial ban. Ever think there's a reason u got banned the first time?

As for the other "polls" you put up(which wasn't even done correctly), they aren't responding bc no one gives a shit. That doesn't prove they remember him one way over another. It simply proves no one gives a shit what your punkass is asking them. So go fuck yourself.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a graduate of the Saginaw school system Bangkok whore with a half dozen ping balls in her snatch is that stupid. The ONLY thing this asshole is remembered for is his destruction of the Lions franchise.

I will bet the vast majority of football fans couldnt even tell you what teams he played for. Good god man, as if it was possible for me to think you could get an dumber you post that whopper of stupidity.

And nobody gives a flying fuck about spelling errors you Hooked On Phonics educated jackass!!!

I would answer said question, however it would defend douche nozzle. Therefore I shall keep my vast knowledge of one Matt Millen within the 5 inches between my ears.:suds: