• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yamamoto

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Carlos Baerga:

Yankees have offered Yamamoto 9 years and $304M

Baerga has good ties to both NY teams.

We should go 10/325

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a 30M pitcher?

I like his age, but I am not certain he is guaranteed to be that dominant.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a 30M pitcher?

I like his age, but I am not certain he is guaranteed to be that dominant.
I don't know if we will get 10 years of excellence, but I think we'd get 5 for sure.

Again, I want a rotation of doom and he'd be an anchor along with Webb. I think Cobb will be dominant and likely Harry. Trade for Burnes in addition to Yama and we can compete in the NLW.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how does this bidding work? If giants hear about this they call his agent and ask to talk to him again or call and just bid Over the phone ? Or maybe sorta like Eddie Murphy in Trading Places ?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Giants to go all in on him. If they get defeated, it should be over money. That being said, just like with Ohtani, the money is getting ridiculously higher than anything projected.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, just get him already.
Even if we offer more money than other teams, I have my doubts he becomes a Giant, unless FZ can convince him that he will be comfortable in SF without another Japanese player and that he has just as good a chance to win championships there versus other teams. And that, ultimately, will be more likely to happen if he values the highest offer compared to most stacked teams.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s obvious that in order to get good players to want to play here, we have to have good players playing here. If money is no object, go get Yamamoto now. Make him an offer he can’t refuse

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With inflation $100 million is not $100 million anymore.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we offer more money than other teams, I have my doubts he becomes a Giant, unless FZ can convince him that he will be comfortable in SF without another Japanese player and that he has just as good a chance to win championships there versus other teams. And that, ultimately, will be more likely to happen if he values the highest offer compared to most stacked teams.
Maybe promise him we will try to sign another Japanese pitcher :hmm: :whistle:

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyler Glasnow finalizing $135M deal with Dodgers​

Right-handed starter Tyler Glasnow and the Los Angeles Dodgers are finalizing a five-year, $135 million contract that, once completed, will make official the trade of Glasnow and outfielder Manuel Margot from the Tampa Bay Rays to the Dodgers, sources told ESPN.

Does this mean their interest in Yamamoto has dropped?

What if Kershaw decides to come back?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right-handed starter Tyler Glasnow and the Los Angeles Dodgers are finalizing a five-year, $135 million contract that, once completed, will make official the trade of Glasnow and outfielder Manuel Margot from the Tampa Bay Rays to the Dodgers, sources told ESPN.

Kershaw should not come back as he won't be ready until August 2024.
He is broken down and losing velocity.

LA needs at least 3 more pitchers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are saving a crap ton of money right now with the Ohtani deferral. They'll spend it elsewhere. Glasnow only takes up a portion. They'll spend the rest of it on someone else.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No .... they are considered one of two final landing spots for Yamamoto. The other is the NYY.
Glasnow is actually considered one of the top FA pitchers in the market. This doesn't bode well for SF or any of their fans. This is what happens when a mediocre team tries to go head to head with one of the most successful teams in baseball. Very hard to offer any other benefits other than money itself. Any in these cases money doesn't carry much weight ...

The issue that I see is about how this is all developing .... all of these superstar FAs are looking for extended, long term contracts. 8-10 years in general. In most cases these contracts may be the last 'meaningful' one that the player winds up signing. Ohtani will be 39 when his ends. Yamamota will be 35. These are 'career defining' contracts. their legacy will be decided by these next 10 years. They will be remembered by these next 10 years!

Who would you rather play for .... a team with the success of the Dodgers (very successful these past 10 years) or for the Giants, a team that has played less than .500 baseball for most of these seasons. We have not done any rebuilding or done anything of note since our last WS (2014).

The real issue that I see is that if things keep going in this direction we will be limited to a WC position for the foreseeable future. We need to pick up almost 20 games to be competitive with the Dodgers for the division. I don't see a division title anytime soon.

I really wonder if FZ actually thought we had a chance of signing Othani and if so why? What did he think we (SF) could offer outside of more money. Guess you can say the same for Yamamoto. What is the incentive to sign with us. Is the effort real or is it fan 'eye candy'? What does 'going all in' really mean? We've been 'all in' quite a few times these past years and have nothing to show for it.

When we lost out on Ohtani why didn't we look into Glasnow? Quite a few other teams did. Why do we always seem to be fixated on FAs we really don't have much of a chance of signing .....

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No .... they are considered one of two final landing spots for Yamamoto. The other is the NYY.
Glasnow is actually considered one of the top FA pitchers in the market. This doesn't bode well for SF or any of their fans. This is what happens when a mediocre team tries to go head to head with one of the most successful teams in baseball. Very hard to offer any other benefits other than money itself. Any in these cases money doesn't carry much weight ...

The issue that I see is about how this is all developing .... all of these superstar FAs are looking for extended, long term contracts. 8-10 years in general. In most cases these contracts may be the last 'meaningful' one that the player winds up signing. Ohtani will be 39 when his ends. Yamamota will be 35. These are 'career defining' contracts. their legacy will be decided by these next 10 years. They will be remembered by these next 10 years!

Who would you rather play for .... a team with the success of the Dodgers (very successful these past 10 years) or for the Giants, a team that has played less than .500 baseball for most of these seasons. We have not done any rebuilding or done anything of note since our last WS (2014).

The real issue that I see is that if things keep going in this direction we will be limited to a WC position for the foreseeable future. We need to pick up almost 20 games to be competitive with the Dodgers for the division. I don't see a division title anytime soon.

I really wonder if FZ actually thought we had a chance of signing Othani and if so why? What did he think we (SF) could offer outside of more money. Guess you can say the same for Yamamoto. What is the incentive to sign with us. Is the effort real or is it fan 'eye candy'? What does 'going all in' really mean? We've been 'all in' quite a few times these past years and have nothing to show for it.

When we lost out on Ohtani why didn't we look into Glasnow? Quite a few other teams did. Why do we always seem to be fixated on FAs we really don't have much of a chance of signing .....
Glasnow's cost wasn't that big. To be honest, I think the Rays got fleeced.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasnow doesn’t pitch much in the regular season but he does very well. Glasnow does pitch quite a bit in the postseason and is worse than Kershaw.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It only makes sense as fan-candy. And serving fan-candy creates the unattainable expectations that just ends up pissing people off.