• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU #5 on CBS Best in College Sports

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliver Luck made WVU relevant again. He is a God...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliver Luck made WVU relevant again. He is a God...
You have to give No Balls some credit. He hasn't f'd up the juggernaut Ollie unleashed. Hopefully he'll have a stadium update soon.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the hires we made for the lower level sports...WVU has become very competitive in multiple sports. Awesome to see for our university.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I would like to see is for WVU to use some of that windfall to offer more varsity sports. Yes, football and basketball pay the bills, but more sports= more exposure, more opportunity for kids to play, and a better finish in the director's cup. We finished 45th last year, mostly due to playing very few sports in comparison to many other schools.

EERitant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a track program what "minor" sports are we missing? Women's Softball maybe?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a track program what "minor" sports are we missing? Women's Softball maybe?
We are missing many, rowing, softball, lacrosse, men's tennis, fencing, etc. WVU sponsors 17 varsity sports, Ohio state sponsors 31. We dropped from 30th in the director's cup standings to finish 45th, mainly due to lack of spring sports.

EERitant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are missing many, rowing, softball, lacrosse, men's tennis, fencing, etc. WVU sponsors 17 varsity sports, Ohio state sponsors 31. We dropped from 30th in the director's cup standings to finish 45th, mainly due to lack of spring sports.
Interesting. Any idea where we stand compared with our conference mates? Obviously many of them don't have men's soccer. Just wondering how many sports the "average" P5 fields?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be for a lacrosse team....right next to prime recruiting grounds. It is one of the fastest growing sports.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Any idea where we stand compared with our conference mates? Obviously many of them don't have men's soccer. Just wondering how many sports the "average" P5 fields?
From what I see, average is about 20 teams sponsored. I was just perusing the net, Brown sponsors 38 sports!!! UGA has 21, Texas 18, IAST 16, OkST 14, but they count track and cc as one??. From what I see we are on par with the B12 schools in number of sports, but sponsor many less than the B11 schools.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be for a lacrosse team....right next to prime recruiting grounds. It is one of the fastest growing sports.

No question...I am down here in South Cackalacky on a project right now...got into local sports conversation with the faithful ..of course being back to back baseball champs that rules at the moment..football is the heart of course.my running route takes me past Brice..pretty friggin nice..sits on the South Carolina Fairgrounds..the stadium is like a temple not a thing out of place the grounds immaculate....but the conversation turned to lacrosse...even here in the south its growing as fast as soccer..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can finally say Lyons made a comment I can definitely support...

Lyons Takes Stock Of WVU And Big 12 Moving Forward – BlueGoldNews

“It is not financially and economically feasible at this time to be looking at adding a sport,” Lyons said. “If I am looking to add a sport, I want to be sure it’s going to be a sport that is going to compete at a very high level. And by adding a sport, it’s very costly from a scholarship standpoint to a coaching standpoint to travel. If you look at it, you are looking at approximately $1-1.5 million in the budget. And that’s not even counting the facility. That’s just to operate it. And it’s a non-revenue sport, so it’s not something that’s a return on your investment.

EERitant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacrosse is attractive to good athletes that are undersized by football standards. Offers a little hitting, fast paced, great sport.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can finally say Lyons made a comment I can definitely support...

Lyons Takes Stock Of WVU And Big 12 Moving Forward – BlueGoldNews

“It is not financially and economically feasible at this time to be looking at adding a sport,” Lyons said. “If I am looking to add a sport, I want to be sure it’s going to be a sport that is going to compete at a very high level. And by adding a sport, it’s very costly from a scholarship standpoint to a coaching standpoint to travel. If you look at it, you are looking at approximately $1-1.5 million in the budget. And that’s not even counting the facility. That’s just to operate it. And it’s a non-revenue sport, so it’s not something that’s a return on your investment.

OMG a compliment to No Balls from BBW. Must be snowing in Morgantown

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good topic for debate: would you rather see us give football assistants better salaries or add Lacrosse, or any other sport