• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow, Elway's offer to BrockO.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning was the lowest ranked QB ever in a SB and they won because of that D. Just get a guy who doesn't turn it over more than twice than you score and they win. He had 1 td at home during the reg season and that D kept winning the games. Any QB will do , and don't be held up for $$$$$$$$

You're presuming the D is gonna be exactly the same, you know they at least wont be as hungry....
Any qb ?.....I hear Kyle Boller is available, VY, and RG 3 and out....
I disagree, any qb won't do and they are not gonna try to defend the SB title with a bum qb and be totally embarrassed....PM didn't have a numbers show but he knew when to audible to the right play enough to turn those opportunities into points and win the game....Don't underestimate his worth in that 3 game run, BrockO would have lost to SD, and had to go to NE to beat them for a second time, unlikely to say the least....
I don't think they make the SB without PM, even tho the D was the catalyst....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will be in better position to get him in the 2nd than the Broncos for sure...I don't think he's going qb in the first from what I've gathered...He even said publicly that he wasn't...
When Jerry speaks draft, you can never trust the words he speaks.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea how the Dallas draft will go, good thing is Steven and Will have much more say so on who's taken the last few years.

Yea, Jerry's a little crazy at times but when you're that rich, you can be whatever you choose to at anytime...:D

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could be that crazy but with my money I have to be saner than sane.

I tried crazy, it didn't work as well for me, my bank account did not match...:lol:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it stayed that good every yr but as you well know, things change from yr to yr....Contract disputes, suspensions, cap casualties,injuries,coaching changes, and of course the SB afterglow....Of the which players let down, and other teams plan specifically to beat that D....
As aggressive as the Ravens D was for yrs, it got solved and that Bronco D will get solved too....
I think BrockO is their best chance with what else is available but he's a long way from a lock....
I don't think they will even make the playoffs this yr unless they can lure an Eli or Rivers away from their team to come over.....
BrockO is getting paid IMO....
Agree^^^

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guaranteed details yet

I think that's a fair deal. Considering the current market and the shortage of NFL starting QBs. Not sure who else Denver would sign in Oz walked? Less than 15 million and he definitely gets better offers. The guaranteed $ will be the biggest obstacle for Denver. Too many QB needy teams with PLENTY of cap spaces.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh smart offer... Osweiller has done jack crap in the NFL long term, might as well hedge your bets.

Also, anyone whose parents named them Brock cannot be trusted.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is if they keep that D intact, the best pass rushers in the game with Miller and Ware and imo the best secondary in the game with Harris Jr,Ward and Talib, they dont have to sign a QB to big money. Like TD said, just get a game manager that doesnt turn over alot in the game and they will dominate. Hell the D scored more points than the offense did the first half of the season and they still won
There are few game managers left. Combine that with Denver still hasn't locked up the RB situation for next year unless I missed something which is quite possible?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a fair deal. Considering the current market and the shortage of NFL starting QBs. Not sure who else Denver would sign in Oz walked? Less than 15 million and he definitely gets better offers. The guaranteed $ will be the biggest obstacle for Denver. Too many QB needy teams with PLENTY of cap spaces.
Yeah I think Elway made the right offer, I don't see Oz making more money on the Free agent market, at least not much. So it comes down to what is guaranteed, that always is what matters and no word on that yet.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hoping Brock would become available and a chance for the Cowboys to snatch him.

Not withstanding other obstacles, Brock might balk at a back up role but the chance of being the next Cowboys Franchise QB ..he might consider it. ...And Oh the money too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hoping Brock would become available and a chance for the Cowboys to snatch him.

Not withstanding other obstacles, Brock might balk at a back up role but the chance of being the next Cowboys Franchise QB ..he might consider it. ...And Oh the money too.
Nah, I'm pretty sure Oz wants to start like right now. He's been waiting for like 4 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really no clue what the Broncos are going to do. If the rumors are true about the 3-year/$15 million a year deal then to me that is a pretty fair contract. Now obviously we have no clue on the guarantees. From what I understand it is a very incentive driven contract. So most likely that number being released was by the Broncos trying to force Osweiler's hand. To Bronco fans that looks like a more than fair deal. If a lot of the incentives though are very difficult to reach most likely the deal is closer to a $10 million a year deal with only the 1st year guaranteed. That is how Elway likes to operate with contract. Since he does have 4 years of history now of designing contracts I think we can begin to draw some conclusions. He has always been big on making sure almost every contract they sign they can get out of in 2-years. So far only 1 contract has not been designed that way and that was D. Thomas.

Right now though as a Bronco fan we have reached that point of just trusting Elway and his FO people. We have won the division 5 straight years with one of those being with Tebow at the helm and another with Manning down right terrible and missing almost half the season. So can't just say it is all about Manning and why we have won. His draft picks have panned out pretty well since he took over and almost every signing he has made has ended up doing above what was expected. He is a cold and calculated business man. IT is why he has let some fan favorites walk out the door without even making an offer. Some of those guys are already hitting the open market after signing huge contracts elsewhere and failing. He knows talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Broncos do have some options if Osweiler walks. To think that the FA market is the only way they can get a QB is ridiculous.

1st--I know some on here are not RGIII fans and think he is done but he will soon be hitting the open market and should come at a pretty discounted price on a 1-2 year deal.

2nd--While yes the 49ers have said they are keeping Kaepernick my guess is they are saying that more in the hopes somebody will want to trade for him rather than just flat out release him. Elway has actually been very complimentary of Kaepernick and his raw skills. My actual guess is that if Osweiler walks Kaepernick is the next QB for the Broncos.

3rd--I know most think the Jets will get Ryan Fitzpatrick re-signed but at this point they have not. Broncos could be a dark horse to swoop in and sign him.

4th--Rookie QB--Rumor is the Broncos like Paxton Lynch quite a bit. If they view him as the long-term solution at the QB position and know they won't ask much of him year one with a great defense and trying to build up a strong running game I could see the Broncos be a surprise trade up in the 1st to try and get this guy. Again they are not going to ask him to come in and be an all-star. They will ask him to manage the game. Throw in Kubiak's system is very QB friendly. Heck Matt Schaub was a Pro Bowl top-10 QB in his system for a while. This also allows them to spend big to keep the defense together with having the QB on a very Team Friendly contract.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'm pretty sure Oz wants to start like right now. He's been waiting for like 4 years.

I think so too. And even though the Cowboys are good enough to compete ...how can you justify walking away for that Denver defense.

You know who is the only thing keeping Brock from being the next Bronco's starter.