• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you trade a 2nd Round Pick For Josh Gordon?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that 4th pick in the draft might not make the team, I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say Gordon gets suspended again. This next one will be all she wrote.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my guess of how the Browns came to this thought.

1) Gordon when he is on his game is probably a top-3 WR in the NFL. So the Browns with such a young core of WR's need that one guy they can really trust especially for RGIII to really make that big catch.

2) Let's say after his suspension he lives up to that billing and plays that way. Well some team out there will be an idiot and sign this guy for a big contract. Happens every year which would mean the Browns could be looking at a 3rd round comp pick.

So they can get a year of great production out of him as they work to get the young guys up to speed and still get a 3rd round pick after that. So at this point whatever they trade him for has to be more valuable than all of that which is why a 2nd round or better is needed.

3) Maybe the next biggest thing is the Browns already have a ridiculous number of draft picks next year.

1st round
Own pick and Eagles pick

2nd round
Own pick and Titans pick

3rd round
Own pick

4th round
Could be looking at 3 Comp picks in this round because of losing Mack, Gipson, and Schwartz to FA

5th round
Own pick, Patriots Pick, and another Comp pick

6th round
Own pick

7th round
Colts Pick

So that is 12 picks already in the next draft. Not sure another 4th or 5th round pick does much for them.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent is there no doubt. Just the off field issues is my concern. Even a #1 pick doesn't payoff 100% of the time. Then there are the guys picked 199 or go as an UDFA that have great careers. Drafting is a crap shoot. Sure you think you can mitigate the potential chance for a bust by good scouting, workout and interviews. But you just never know. With Gordon you have a known talent but you also have a known knucklehead. Too risky for me. Besides I'm tired of the BB reclamation projects.

Yeah it's tough... Just playing devils advocate really.

I do think teams get a bit too tied to their draft picks at times. Because sure 8 of the last 10 3rd rounders were no better than FA's you could have picked up for a league min or close to it, but this one will be the guy who makes it.

Definitely risky. You could be passing on Julius Thomas giving up that 4th and Gordon might not make it through next week...

Now if BB NEEDED a WR badly, and going off his draft history at the position... lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think teams get a bit too tied to their draft picks at times. Because sure 8 of the last 10 3rd rounders were no better than FA's you could have picked up for a league min or close to it, but this one will be the guy who makes it.

Definitely risky. You could be passing on Julius Thomas giving up that 4th and Gordon might not make it through next week...

Now if BB NEEDED a WR badly, and going off his draft history at the position... lol

If Gordon joined that Patriots offense I honestly might go bet some money on them to win the Super Bowl. That offense would be near impossible to stop if Gordon can stay clean the entire season. You combine him with Edelman, Gronk, Bennett, and Brady and man that passing game would be scary.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With BB you never know. He seems to be a little better than 50% on reclamation projects. I'd prefer BB and NE stay out of the negative press for a while. It's makes being a Pat fan a full-time job trying to justify their actions. But, hey it's been a winning process.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I would mortgage the future for #7...if I was Tomlin...Might only get one season out of him, but he's a difference maker on the field.

Mike Adams was a 2nd rd pick...bust....yeah I'll take the risk on giving up the 64th pick in the draft.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to sound contradictory but I would not trade a 3rd round pick for him until he plays a whole year without problems. Yet as the Browns I would not accept anything less than a 1st.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a second rounder but I think I'd consider it when you get down into the 3rd round or deeper.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way
FA on a specific contract hell yes I would risk it

But Im not giving up a Root Beer from A&W circa 1980 for a guy 1 puff or sip away from a lifetime ban