• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you take Schwartz as a DC?

Would you take Schwartz back as a DC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take Schwartz back as a D-Coordinator for the Lions? I think we already have most, if not all, the pieces required to run it. Or would just blow the current scheme up and start all over? He was pretty good with Tennessee before taking the job here in Detroit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it count if I'm not a Lions fan? :D

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

A different role doesnt change the fact that the guy is an arrogant, self centered, classless dickbag.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a DC sure. That would be OK because that kind of douchebaggery works as a DC. It does not as a HC, it is just an embarrassment.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because Schwartz is lazy. He doesn't want to put the work into being a good coach. He just wants to put his schemes out there, and if they don't work, we're screwed.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt take Schwartz in a coffee shop cleaning the bathroom anywhere in the state of michigan. The guy should not be allowed to step foot in Michigan again, let alone ever hold a job here.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a DC sure. That would be OK because that kind of douchebaggery works as a DC. It does not as a HC, it is just an embarrassment.

WOW!! Really?

Let me ask you a question. Would you have taken Rod Moronelli back as the D-line coach in 2009? In NFL circles he was considered to be an excellent position coach in that area. The Bears snapped him up for that role the very next season I believe.

The dude was absolute poison for the team. A reminder of just how bad the team was. I remember wanting the franchise to not just get rid of him but also every player who had been a long time part of that disasterous time frame. That included Backus, Raioli, and even Hanson. I thought the team needed a complete fresh start.

Although I dont feel the same about the players this time, since I think this is a talent rich team, I do about the coaching staff. Every single one of them need to go. Not one should be retained and I think the front office that has been here with Schwartz needs to go as well. That means Mayhew.

Xanders was a new addition, not part of the other years of the current group of failures, so IMO he can and should stay. But as far as everyone else its ba bye.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in 'guilt by association'. Cut out the cancer and leave the rest alone. Get rid of the head coach, OC, and the receivers coach, and I'm good.

I certainly don't want to get rid of the OL coach. Two rookies on the right side, 2nd year player at LT,and Dom at C, and I think he did a great job getting them ready to play. Of all the things all season that people were bitching about and blaming for Lions losses, I don't remember one time that anyone bitched about or blamed the OL for the Lions woes.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

A different role doesnt change the fact that the guy is an arrogant, self centered, classless dickbag.

This. He lost control of the players basically since day 1, and with an ego like his do you really think he could co exist with someone else as coach. Hes an arrogant, stubborn idiot that has cost this franchise and the fans many victories. Fuck that guy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!! Really?

Let me ask you a question. Would you have taken Rod Moronelli back as the D-line coach in 2009? In NFL circles he was considered to be an excellent position coach in that area. The Bears snapped him up for that role the very next season I believe.

The dude was absolute poison for the team. A reminder of just how bad the team was. I remember wanting the franchise to not just get rid of him but also every player who had been a long time part of that disasterous time frame. That included Backus, Raioli, and even Hanson. I thought the team needed a complete fresh start.

Although I dont feel the same about the players this time, since I think this is a talent rich team, I do about the coaching staff. Every single one of them need to go. Not one should be retained and I think the front office that has been here with Schwartz needs to go as well. That means Mayhew.

Xanders was a new addition, not part of the other years of the current group of failures, so IMO he can and should stay. But as far as everyone else its ba bye.

It is always a risk with those types that if things dont go well they get ugly.

I would keep Washburn as the D-Line coach. He will probably be one of the few that survive

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind keeping our entire defensive staff. The defense played better as the year went on (aside from one snow covered quarter.) No to Schwartz though.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really wouldn't work to demote Schwartz. Removing him from the organization would be best for all concerned.

dacey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the Lions. It doesnt work to keep a demoted boss around. Many of his players would rally around him and it would create two camps within the team. Nor would he take orders from a new head coach who would bring in changes. I dont think he would really agree to come back to the Lions in a lesser role.

But with a different team, yes.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Schwartz needs to go. His defense is formidable but too predictable. He never had the guts to change it up enough. Third and long was always going to result in a four man rush and no pressure. We have decent talent on defense, we deserve a guy who can get better results.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Even if he was worthy as a defensive coordinator... No.

Who fires their head coach of 5 years only to keep him as an assistant? No one. Ever.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Jim Schwartz, this season is not a failure.

This season is not a failure.

THIS IS WHY YOU ARE SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING COACH

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad really. But it's not the first time someone has been taken down by their ego.