• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be happier?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With new swagger, ACC moves ahead on network - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

The conference’s recent additions — Notre Dame, Louisville, Pittsburgh and Syracuse — plus the grant of rights “enhance those discussions,” Swofford added. Those moves caused ESPN to sweeten its rights offer for an all-in media deal that will average $260 million a year through 2026-27. There are other contractual elements, sources said, that could push the value higher, especially if the conference starts its own network.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really pimping out CU's 19 skiing NC's? :L For fuck's sake guy, please leave........

hell, wrestling is bigger than skiing and baseball is bigger than either.

John is the one who doesn't know what the flip he is talking about, as per usual. He just throws stuff out there to see if it will stick and cries like a little baby when it is tossed back into his face.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't call it a troll just stating facts.

I mean if you guys wanna continue to believe that the acc is making just 17 mill a year fine. however i am gonna point out that that is not true.

at this point i might as well be getting banned from a thread for talking about evolution simply because the board prefers creationism.

i started commenting on this thread with good intentions. yall are just fighting me on this 17 mill/20 mill thing and sorry but I am not gonna admit that i am wrong on something that i am right on

yall don't think new mexico or ucf is not a good future addition for the conference fine....don't call me out for being wrong on that statement when not one of you can name a better school to add.

Having a debate over something is one thing. Calling a fellow poster out of character on a board that you have no affiliation to is another. Very redeeming troll qualities. You stated one thing, others did not agree.

You stated New Mexico, which is still laughable, and then added UCF and USF to the conversation when you even realized how New Mexico was not a good get. Nobody said that adding a Florida school would be bad, but we already have success recruiting there. We have developed good relationships within the state.

You've burned bridges and should go on. A real man would admit when he is wrong and even a bigger one to apologize for writing what you wrote. Act like a child, get treated like a child.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a debate over something is one thing. Calling a fellow poster out of character on a board that you have no affiliation to is another. Very redeeming troll qualities. You stated one thing, others did not agree.

You stated New Mexico, which is still laughable, and then added UCF and USF to the conversation when you even realized how New Mexico was not a good get. Nobody said that adding a Florida school would be bad, but we already have success recruiting there. We have developed good relationships within the state.

You've burned bridges and should go on. A real man would admit when he is wrong and even a bigger one to apologize for writing what you wrote. Act like a child, get treated like a child.

i added usf/ucf in the same post as new mexico. ==> those are not good adds then ==> please explain what other good addition is out there.......

saying a FL wouldn't help wvu is the funniest peice of bullcrap I have ever seen

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you guys claim bb is a good poster???? all he does is post the same incorrect BS over & over

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you guys claim bb is a good poster???? all he does is post the same incorrect BS over & over

Because I don't live in the world of make-believe, I present facts. Not incorrect hypotheticals.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
each school has that one sport they dominate in. how many schools have 26??????

i will wait.....

But nobody gives a shit about skiing and men's and women's cross country NC's. CU has ZERO NC's in the main sports and only won 31 conference titles in the Big 12 (23 from men's and women's CC). CU athletics is a joke and almost went bankrupt at one point. CU was dead weight from an athletic standpoint.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO absolutely don't ban him, this is as close to being back in the good ol days when public execution was still legal as I've seen in a long time! :nod:I mean, if it were a busier time O year then... Maybe but now? No way

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But nobody gives a shit about skiing and men's and women's cross country NC's. CU has ZERO NC's in the main sports and only won 31 conference titles in the Big 12 (23 from men's and women's CC). CU athletics is a joke and almost went bankrupt at one point. CU was dead weight from an athletic standpoint.

and not as many give a shit about baseball as you think. there are only 2 sports that matter in the end.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't live in the world of make-believe, I present facts. Not incorrect hypotheticals.

it is not a hypothetical when 100s of newspapers now report it as fact. i posted a newspaper article from 3 days ago and you completely dodged that post.....

you are a joke

and it gets even worse.

oh and you still don't have shit with conf. realignment because you haven't named a single school that would be better than the 4 I mentioned.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now, now, now, they have their tainted 5th down MNC from 90, LOL!~:L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is not a hypothetical when 100s of newspapers now report it as fact. i posted a newspaper article from 3 days ago and you completely dodged that post.....

you are a joke

and it gets even worse.

oh and you still don't have shit with conf. realignment because you haven't named a single school that would be better than the 4 I mentioned.

Please tell me you're not serious!

If you are, then I am going to start calling you Peter Pan. OK?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not as many give a shit about baseball as you think. there are only 2 sports that matter in the end.

and CU has been mediocre in both FB and BB, period. if not for the mistake/5th down at Mizoo in 1990, CU wouldn't even have the 1 MNC anbody cares about, that they do have, LMAO!~

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to real thread premise

Don't mean to distract from the totally irrelevant chatter about all things NOT WVU..... but I have to agree that (at least) prior to the addition of SU and Pitt - the ACC was never going to extend an invite to WVU. Going back to the days (pre-1960) when WVU played many of the now-ACC schools, there was no love for WV or it's fans. I can recall my grandfather telling me that several schools complained about the trecherous traveling on the horrible backroads to get into Morgantown (pre-interstate) and that our fans were often less that hospitable - sometimes in retalliation to how they were treated when away.

Maryland was our lone proponant for inclusion when many votes were taken. With Maryland gone, our lone CORE member supporter is gone. VA, UNC, DUKE and Wake will never vote to invite WVU. SU, BC, Pitt, VT & FSU are all possibilities. Miami, NCSU, UL, GT and Clemson - I have no idea of how they might vote, but I am betting half would vote NO. You have a lot of perceptions (all bad) going against WVU and those perceptions are not all true. But that doesn't matter. People don't like it when facts get in way of their beliefs.

If WVU does get an invite.... I for one will be shocked and stunned.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mean to distract from the totally irrelevant chatter about all things NOT WVU..... but I have to agree that (at least) prior to the addition of SU and Pitt - the ACC was never going to extend an invite to WVU. Going back to the days (pre-1960) when WVU played many of the now-ACC schools, there was no love for WV or it's fans. I can recall my grandfather telling me that several schools complained about the trecherous traveling on the horrible backroads to get into Morgantown (pre-interstate) and that our fans were often less that hospitable - sometimes in retalliation to how they were treated when away.

Maryland was our lone proponant for inclusion when many votes were taken. With Maryland gone, our lone CORE member supporter is gone. VA, UNC, DUKE and Wake will never vote to invite WVU. SU, BC, Pitt, VT & FSU are all possibilities. Miami, NCSU, UL, GT and Clemson - I have no idea of how they might vote, but I am betting half would vote NO. You have a lot of perceptions (all bad) going against WVU and those perceptions are not all true. But that doesn't matter. People don't like it when facts get in way of their beliefs.

If WVU does get an invite.... I for one will be shocked and stunned.

I agree, so for now it does not hurt that we are in a top 5 conference and making the $$$ to build up our program.....even if the Big 12 ends when the GOR ends, then we should be in a lot better position due to the improvements we are making to WVU and the facilities. I do not see how we lose out no matter what happens.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me crazy but this is not your fathers acc. if you took away GOR and wvu was the 16th to go along with ND upgrading to a full member. i say every school votes for wvu. the old acc mentality died when UMD left.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you're not serious!

If you are, then I am going to start calling you Peter Pan. OK?

lmao so you want to dismiss 100 links that say 20 mill ==> ok.

at this point you are just hiding behind the wording of an article. expect to...when notre dam joins according to espn and you try to argue against that......

guess what ND has joined and all the new posts about the acc contract say 20 mill per school is the payout.

only with a dummy like you is this even debatable

and do...please tell who the better adds to the b12 besides the 4 i mentioned.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao so you want to dismiss 100 links that say 20 mill ==> ok.

at this point you are just hiding behind the wording of an article. expect to...when notre dam joins according to espn and you try to argue against that......

guess what ND has joined and all the new posts about the acc contract say 20 mill per school is the payout.

only with a dummy like you is this even debatable

and do...please tell who the better adds to the b12 besides the 4 i mentioned.

Provide the 100 links. As we have not seen the actual payout for the 2013 season, all we have is speculation. If you want to believe speculation… I could care less.

I will go with facts… it is how I roll.

Did ESPN try to help recruit Big Ten schools to the ACC? | January | 2014

ESPN has a long-term contract with the ACC to the tune of $3.6 billion dollars through 2026-27.

$3.6 billion over 15 years equals $240 million per year. Divide this amount by 14 football programs… and, you get $17 million per school.

Thems the facts…

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provide the 100 links. As we have not seen the actual payout for the 2013 season, all we have is speculation. If you want to believe speculation… I could care less.

I will go with facts… it is how I roll.

Did ESPN try to help recruit Big Ten schools to the ACC? | January | 2014

$3.6 billion over 15 years equals $240 million per year. Divide this amount by 14 football programs… and, you get $17 million per school.

Thems the facts…

you can site all the 2nd rate links you want. but the fact is that all the first rate links that are from major networks and actual newspaper say 20 mill

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and seriously. what is the best b12 addition besides the 4 i mentioned???????

can't answer?????

well i am not surprised :lol: