• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would UK winning be bad for college basketball?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they will win.

Does anybody else think it will be bad for the sport?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be good for Kentucky fans.. And If I'm a fan of that school, that's all I would care about.. When the Fab 5 made their run I never regretted it.. I really don't think it matters what fans like you and me think.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be good for Kentucky fans.. And If I'm a fan of that school, that's all I would care about.. When the Fab 5 made their run I never regretted it.. I really don't think it matters what fans like you and me think.

yes but that was such a different time. You think the 5 starters for kentucky will be coming back for a second year, regardless of the outcome on monday? I say Randle, Young, and one Harrison minimum make the leap

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that the Michigan team was the single most talented basketball team of all time.. Even with their deep runs, they could never put it all together however.. People talk about Kentucky now but imagine if the 1 and done rule would have existed back then.. Guys like Lebron and Garnett had Michigan as their frontrunners..

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world is changing. UK winning will eventually change how others approach the game. Is that bad or good...depends on the person viewing it.

My vote is no..this is not bad for cbb. Just a different period in time.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kentucky, but no. Traditional powers winning, thats how its supposed to be. Just like college football.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College basketball is a farce. You have a few teams that have no problem whoring their name out and basically functioning as a NBADL team. It's not going to get fixed until they let high school players go straight to the draft and require that people that do sign stay 3 years.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA creating the One and Done rule is bad for college basketball.

The NCAA going along with it is bad for college basketball. (and if you think the NCAA is powerless, you're wrong. But they would never do what it takes because the NCAA is a bunch of money grubbing hypocrites)

UK winning isn't bad for college basketball. The NBA and NCAA right now are bad for college basketball.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they will win.

Does anybody else think it will be bad for the sport?

WTF? You can't just throw out an extreme claim like that without giving any reasoning. How exactly would UK winning be bad for the sport?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote yes.

I mean, let's face it. UK fans have barely gotten to know and be enamored with this team. They sucked this year and are a faceless group making a run based almost purely on physical NBA talent.

To be honest, UConn being there doesn't really help the cause either. They were beyond mediocre this year.

Sorry. I am not happy with the way this tournament turned out and where the results are leading the sport.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion that the Michigan team was the single most talented basketball team of all time.. Even with their deep runs, they could never put it all together however.. People talk about Kentucky now but imagine if the 1 and done rule would have existed back then.. Guys like Lebron and Garnett had Michigan as their frontrunners..

LeBron believe it or not said he would have gone to Akron at one point. Probably lying his ass off. But if he did, they legitimately could have won a title with the MAC.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron believe it or not said he would have gone to Akron at one point. Probably lying his ass off. But if he did, they legitimately could have won a title with the MAC.

He had Akron, OSU and Michigan as his top 3.. Garnett was a lock for Michigan if he had the grades to go to college though..

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had Akron, OSU and Michigan as his top 3.. Garnett was a lock for Michigan if he had the grades to go to college though..

I do remember that. Someone asked him again though after they made players play atleast a year of college and I remember him saying he probably would have went to Akron.

Garnett definitely was gonna go to Michigan. They would have found some cupcake classes for him lol.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett may be a jerk, but the guy wanted to go to school badly.. He actually took classes after he got drafted..

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
To be honest, UConn being there doesn't really help the cause either. They were beyond mediocre this year.

Sorry. I am not happy with the way this tournament turned out and where the results are leading the sport.

B-C-S B-C-S B-C-S

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote yes.

I mean, let's face it. UK fans have barely gotten to know and be enamored with this team. They sucked this year and are a faceless group making a run based almost purely on physical NBA talent.

Me either. Let's blame brandon ashley together on 3....

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote yes.

so, you're mad about one team because they have all these frosh who have nba talent and figured it all out at the right time.

then you're mad at the other team for having multiple juniors and seniors who also figured it out at the right time....

i don't think you can win this one, man

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA creating the One and Done rule is bad for college basketball.

The NCAA going along with it is bad for college basketball. (and if you think the NCAA is powerless, you're wrong. But they would never do what it takes because the NCAA is a bunch of money grubbing hypocrites)

UK winning isn't bad for college basketball. The NBA and NCAA right now are bad for college basketball.

Good way to put it for sure.

Let HS players go to the draft or have to stay for two years.

NBA will always take potential in there yearly drafts if available and kids will always go (they should).