• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worse pass protection: Seattle or Arizona

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that both of these defenses have good front sevens, but I was very unimpressed with the OL play on both teams, specifically in terms of pass protection.

I think that the Seahawks will be ok when they get their 2 OTs back from injury but they are currently not performing at a decent level.

The Cards OL struggled big time in both in pass and run. Their passing yardage was inflated by Seattle dropping back in coverage in the 4th and letting Palmer pick up passes over the middle.

Thoughts?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that both of these defenses have good front sevens, but I was very unimpressed with the OL play on both teams, specifically in terms of pass protection.

I think that the Seahawks will be ok when they get their 2 OTs back from injury but they are currently not performing at a decent level.

The Cards OL struggled big time in both in pass and run. Their passing yardage was inflated by Seattle dropping back in coverage in the 4th and letting Palmer pick up passes over the middle.

Thoughts?

You and me think alike about the Seahawks pass protection. Seahawks will be "OK" when they get their 2 OTs back. Thank God for Russell Wilson, and please keep him from being injured.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fumbling issue will be less of an issue when defenders don't get as many free shots at Wilson and Lynch as they've been getting the past couple of weeks. You stand a running back up in the pile and you're gonna have a shot to knock the ball loose. At the same time, if your quarterback has guys coming at him unimpeded from his blindside, he's gonna lose the football from time-to-time. We shore up the blocking some and defenders won't have as many chances to knock the ball loose.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to get concerned about Wilson taking shots also. He appears to be pretty resilent to this point but it is causing my bloodpressure to rise when I see these guys coming at him unimpeded.

That last thing that we need is to have Wilson go down because we are trying to protect him with rookies and guys shifted from OG.

Hopefully Breno can come back after this long week of rest. Anyone have an update on his status?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Cards can make a lot of OLs look bad; they get pretty good pressure on the QB IMO.

I'd say Arizona has worse pass protection easily (even with Seattle banged up). There's a reason they drafted Jon Cooper 7th overall.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards can make a lot of OLs look bad; they get pretty good pressure on the QB IMO.

I'd say Arizona has worse pass protection easily (even with Seattle banged up). There's a reason they drafted Jon Cooper 7th overall.

That was a blow to them losing him for the season... Don't wish that on any team... Certainly would have improved there situation having that guy out there....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a blow to them losing him for the season... Don't wish that on any team... Certainly would have improved there situation having that guy out there....

It's like a domino effect though. Cooper going down started guys sliding out of position, continuity went out the window of a group that desperately needs it to survive....and now ARZ OL is more like swiss cheese then a protection wall.