• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Woche 11: Seahawks gegen Buccaneers. 9:30/6:30 CBS/NFL NETWORK/CTV

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s game, but hey, they battled back at least, made it a game …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Cody Barton is bad... takes all the wrong angles... Jesus, how did this guy win the starting position?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll needs to answer for how bad that team was for 3.5 quarters of the game. No adjustments, no firing up his team.

Again, don't tell me that time zone bullshit. That's an excuse that doesn't fly here. This team laid a massive egg and it's 100% on them.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rush whatsoever let Brady sit back all day and pick us apart

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. 3.6 per isn't "can't stop the run". 34 TOP for Bucs make these late game drives difficult.
One of the worst teams in the NFL at running the ball has 145 yards.

That's the definition of having a bad day of run stopping.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker I'm sorry, they aren't one of the worst, they are THE worst averaging 60y per game.

This was a massive embarrassment and total team failure.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the most difficult game of the year with all the travel and fatigue.. Let’s just move forward, still in a great potion in the division …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker I'm sorry, they aren't one of the worst, they are THE worst averaging 60y per game.

This was a massive embarrassment and total team failure.
I think the fatigue, long travel, playing basically at 6 AM our time, all played a factor… This won’t define the season, we just gotta bounce back ..

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst teams in the NFL at running the ball has 145 yards.

That's the definition of having a bad day of run stopping.

I don't necessarily agree. They held against the run fairly well. They just had issues with 3-4 yard runs most of the day giving manageable 3rds. A few big runs, most toward the end when they were on the field over 30 minutes already. But, yeah - they gave up a bunch of yards to a team happy to run 40+ times for 3 or 4 yard gains.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fatigue, long travel, playing basically at 6 AM our time, all played a factor… This won’t define the season, we just gotta bounce back ..

What I've been saying all year when the schedule was released. NFL completely fucked Seattle over with this schedule... This West coast vs. East Coast Euro game shit needs to stop....

So when I hear concussion protocol, Tua, player safety, etc. I basically roll my eyes and flip a giant middle finger to the NFL run bunch of politicians.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy game combined with dumb mistakes = this loss today.

Geno made some real dumb decisions about 3 or 4 times that could have changed things. Ge had a chance to covert a 3rd down and 2 but made a bad throw instead of just running to the open field in front of him. And for some reason he doesn't like to throw the ball away when he should be getting rid of it. And then the fumble....:L

And that DJ Dallas fair catch had me screaming. He should NOT be our return guy. I said it last week too. He sucks at it.

Bad secondary coaching all day too. How many 20+ yard plays did Brady complete right up the middle? 4? 5? That's gross.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy game combined with dumb mistakes = this loss today.

Geno made some real dumb decisions about 3 or 4 times that could have changed things. Ge had a chance to covert a 3rd down and 2 but made a bad throw instead of just running to the open field in front of him. And for some reason he doesn't like to throw the ball away when he should be getting rid of it. And then the fumble....:L

And that DJ Dallas fair catch had me screaming. He should NOT be our return guy. I said it last week too. He sucks at it.

Bad secondary coaching all day too. How many 20+ yard plays did Brady complete right up the middle? 4? 5? That's gross.

Also, how many snaps did Barton get? Can we get him the fuck off the field, please? I'm actually surprised Seattle didn't try to trade for another ILB... we seemed to limit his snaps quite a bit the last few games, but today I saw his number WAAAAY too often.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, well hopefully Denver loses... that would at least help my depression... I mean I'm still drinking, but I'll have a happier hangover if Denver loses....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've been saying all year when the schedule was released. NFL completely fucked Seattle over with this schedule... This West coast vs. East Coast Euro game shit needs to stop....

So when I hear concussion protocol, Tua, player safety, etc. I basically roll my eyes and flip a giant middle finger to the NFL run bunch of politicians.
yep its horseshit, fuck europe and the fuck the NFLs absolute greed

Also, how many snaps did Barton get? Can we get him the fuck off the field, please? I'm actually surprised Seattle didn't try to trade for another ILB... we seemed to limit his snaps quite a bit the last few games, but today I saw his number WAAAAY too often.
Sure feels like theres a correlation between barton getting more snaps and our run defense being absolutely brutal

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure feels like theres a correlation between barton getting more snaps and our run defense being absolutely brutal

I think Seattle was like, "Oh, Tampas rushing attack sucks... so start more of Barton." And then Tampa was like, "Oh, well run the ball then."

Not sure of the official statistics but I agree with you... Barton just needs to be limited to 1/3 or maybe 1/2 the game (which Seattle was doing prior to this game - not sure of the official snap count, but seems like he was out there 75%+ of the snaps). He's a spitting image or Rudy (ya know the movie? Ruuudy Ruuudy with that triumphant music...) Hey, the guy is a try hard and great spirit, but zero athletic talent or football awareness whatsoever... I knew it was a disaster going into this season with him as a backup let alone 3-4 starter.. and here we are. The guy just doesn't understand angles (you could see it numerous times today where he was just taking the wrong angle and then BLOWN UP by... well anyone, a lot of his tackles were after damage was done).

Seattle needs to draft another ILB and sign ANOTHER in free agency after this year. Barton has been one of the biggest problems on D all season. It's baffling to me Seattle didn't shore up that position or just sacrifice Denver's 2nd rounder for Smith (would've been fine with that given we absolutely need to blow a 1st or 2nd on an ILB rookie this offseason). I actually thought Seattle would pull the trigger for Smith... I was waiting to give it an A grade if we gave up just a second... had the whole thing typed up lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams traveled across the globe and they were there for several days.

I personally just won't accept that as an excuse. Geno played scared for 3 quarters and missed easy passes/made very poor decisions. Both lines were beat often all day.

Maybe they were too distracted with the scenery in Munich. Maybe they had family and other distractions there because of the unique travel.

I'm sure there were several factors, but the timezone nonsense doesn't fly with me.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys got up to watch the game? shit no I stayed in bed after every damn thing I saw on NFL net was Brady related for the whole week and German fans all talking about yep you guessed it Brady. I smelled this one a mile away.

Sorry for your loss of sleep but lets also be honest people Playing a game at 9am is a lot easier than 6am and with that time change you need a good 5 to 6 days to adjust. I know I went to Novosibirsk 4 different times and it's tough!

Tell me the Seahawks looked comfortable out there, I did not see the game but I am looking at the stats and they gave up over 400 yards again.