• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Woche 11: Seahawks gegen Buccaneers. 9:30/6:30 CBS/NFL NETWORK/CTV

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ratings for our oline for this season.

Cross 62.1
Lewis 68.4
Blythe 51.7/ Fuller 55.6
Jackson 58.4/ Haynes 64.7
Lucas 67.1

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do see it cause Geno hasn't taken the sacks and hits like Russ has from holding onto the ball too long.

you are correct but i also have seen cleaner pockets and Geno some times has more time to throw than i have not seen since the days of Walter jones. Not saying we got a Walter Jones i am just saying i see a improved Pass blocking and it's NIGHT AND DAY! lol If you don't see it then you are not looking.

But what ever ok the Hawks Oline still sucks but that 4th best Pass blocking win rate is fine by me after being in the bottom half of the league in that state which is not discounted by QB's holding onto a ball to long! Thats not based off sacks it's based off how often the Olinemen "WIN" is not hurt by a sack when that sack happens after a certain amount of time go read up on the PFF grading system. If a Olineman gives up a sack because the QB took to long they don't get down graded. It's how well they executed on that play to help their team, a win for oline is to hold they guy for X amount of time or to control a guy to give a RB a running lane.

This is why i went with "WIN RATE" because they judge EVERY game singularly and it adds to their cumulative grades.

the grades I JUST posted of each olineman are not win rates those are pure rating grades were around 70 is borderline Probowl player. We need a Guard and center to remove some aging players who can be replaced.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct but i also have seen cleaner pockets and Geno some times has more time to throw than i have not seen since the days of Walter jones. Not saying we got a Walter Jones i am just saying i see a improved Pass blocking and it's NIGHT AND DAY! lol If you don't see it then you are not looking.

But what ever ok the Hawks Oline still sucks but that 4th best Pass blocking win rate is fine by me after being in the bottom half of the league in that state which is not discounted by QB's holding onto a ball to long! Thats not based off sacks it's based off how often the Olinemen "WIN" is not hurt by a sack when that sack happens after a certain amount of time go read up on the PFF grading system. If a Olineman gives up a sack because the QB took to long they don't get down graded. It's how well they executed on that play to help their team, a win for oline is to hold they guy for X amount of time or to control a guy to give a RB a running lane.

This is why i went with "WIN RATE" because they judge EVERY game singularly and it adds to their cumulative grades.
I'm not sure at what you're getting at since I've basically agreed with you about the o-line. My point was the o-line wasn't as bad as they looked cause of Russ's play. Our RBs have usually produced well when on the field and see it again with Walker III and Geno has made some great plays due to good pass pro and taken less hits and sacks. So YES, the line is getting better and adding another piece or two via draft or 1 from draft and 1 from FA would make this line a stud line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure at what you're getting at since I've basically agreed with you about the o-line. My point was the o-line wasn't as bad as they looked cause of Russ's play. Our RBs have usually produced well when on the field and see it again with Walker III and Geno has made some great plays due to good pass pro and taken less hits and sacks. So YES, the line is getting better and adding another piece or two via draft or 1 from draft and 1 from FA would make this line a stud line.

I am just saying that when grading out a oline they take into account Poor QB play and do not downgrade Oline play for that.

also I got yours and Anointeds last two posts mushed up into one in my head lmao!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chargers are always so underwhelming

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9'ers will win. They could come back to tie Seattle on the bye week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49'ers win. Oh well I expected them to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks on a bye next week. Guess it's a good time to have one after playing in Munich, get everyone rested and charged up again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Defense can find itself ( they gave up over 410 yards again ) and stop the run the Hawks should be ok or was all what we saw from them just a mirage? We might see the Hawks go 3-5 over the last 7 or worse. Rams two times, 49ers once, KC and Jets all either NFC West Opponents or teams in or half a game out of 1st place in their division. tough sledding. We very well could have been living in a house of cards 12's. If it all does come crumbling down then hey thats about what we all expected right? lol ... damn.

Still we got the Denver loss lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Defense can find itself ( they gave up over 410 yards again ) and stop the run the Hawks should be ok or was all what we saw from them just a mirage? We might see the Hawks go 3-5 over the last 7 or worse. Rams two times, 49ers once, KC and Jets all either NFC West Opponents or teams in or half a game out of 1st place in their division. tough sledding. We very well could have been living in a house of cards 12's. If it all does come crumbling down then hey thats about what we all expected right? lol ... damn.

Still we got the Denver loss lol
The hard part of the schedule is coming up. Hard to say how it will go, but brace for the worse and hope for the best. I always felt this season was about developing the young guys and putting the system in place and think that is coming along well. Be nice to make the playoffs though. Even better to win the division.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like he either fumbled, was sacked or threw an incompletion each play...

... but Denver all of a sudden has a bad OL... :gaah:

Yep, Russ is a huge part of why an O-line is bad, he’s always doing improv… When he was younger he was ridiculous at it, but he’s just not that guy anymore, he was so much quicker and more elusive back then…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks on a bye next week. Guess it's a good time to have one after playing in Munich, get everyone rested and charged up again.

Despite the loss, I'm just glad we didn't have any major injuries. Seattle should be very much recharged for the Raiders. I see no reason we should lose that game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Russ is a huge part of why an O-line is bad, he’s always doing improv… When he was younger he was ridiculous at it, but he’s just not that guy anymore, he was so much quicker and more elusive back then…

Said it all offseason (and even last season when he was still a Seahawk) - he doesn't have the mobility anymore.... and it was a HUGE part of his game. I have said numerous times (even after the trade), Wilson's elusiveness and mobility earlier in his career was INSANE. Some of the shit he pulled off and his signature spin move was just flat out ridiculous. He made pass rushers look absolutely stupid.

Wilson IMO was one of the better QBs of all time with two things: 1) ability to extend plays thanks to his legs, and 2) Cannon/deep ball arm with great accuracy.

#1 clearly lost a step in 2020... it's just not there anymore. That was somewhat expected but given he still tries to play like that, it's just not working. #2 not the same after injuries in 2022.... even the TD today the ball was underthrown and hung in the air... it was just blown coverage by Tenn....

All said, pretty sure I said at some point "Fire Carroll, sign Wilson" ... well that's the reason I'm not a GM for an NFL team, lol. I was admittedly a bit surprised when Seattle traded Wilson, but in hindsight the writing was on the wall... I didn't see the full picture prior to it happening... I made some comments here and there, but yah..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the loss, I'm just glad we didn't have any major injuries. Seattle should be very much recharged for the Raiders. I see no reason we should lose that game.
Yeah the bye week is coming at a great time... Brooks just had cramps yesterday so that's good news... Eskridge hurt his hand... Imagine that...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the bye week is coming at a great time... Brooks just had cramps yesterday so that's good news... Eskridge hurt his hand... Imagine that...

I really thought Eskridge would be decent but what a busted pick. Guy is over halfway to being 26 as well... if he hasn't figured it out by now he wont.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three winnable games: raiders, rams, and panthers all at home.

if we can win those games and beat the niners at home it could mean we win the division with 10 wins.

now, if our defense was exposed and never recovers, all bets are off.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Eskridge would be decent but what a busted pick. Guy is over halfway to being 26 as well... if he hasn't figured it out by now he wont.
Of course the problem with drafting Eskridge wasn't his own fault. It was the Seahawk's for drafting at a position of depth when they had (still have) other holes to fill.
Now highly productive LBs Nick Bolton and Pete Werner were drafted just after Eskridge. It sure would be nice to have one of those guys. There were a few more LBs, and a run on also DL players soon after the Dee E pick.

Hindsight is 20/20 but this was a well documented complaint at the time. I'm not one to jump all over Wilson but it certainly was an attempt to appease him with more offensive weapons. Hopefully Schneider and Carroll learned a lesson from that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three winnable games: raiders, rams, and panthers all at home.

if we can win those games and beat the niners at home it could mean we win the division with 10 wins.

now, if our defense was exposed and never recovers, all bets are off.
Yeah those are the winnable games and might even sweep the Rams. 49ers look so strong in the trenches, both sides of the line, that I don't feel very confident about beating them. Seahawks defense will struggle against teams with strong OL and 49ers been running the ball right down teams throat.