• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Woche 11: Seahawks gegen Buccaneers. 9:30/6:30 CBS/NFL NETWORK/CTV

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those are the winnable games and might even sweep the Rams. 49ers look so strong in the trenches, both sides of the line, that I don't feel very confident about beating them. Seahawks defense will struggle against teams with strong OL and 49ers been running the ball right down teams throat.

Seattle seemed to do a lot more 2-4-5 stuff yesterday (or 2 down lineman anyway) and I think Brady picked up on that and was like, "Fine, let's just ram the ball down their throats and I'll torch them on a pass if they start showing heavy run D." Why were Mone and Adams inactive (neither were injured to my knowledge)? They need to stop that 2 down lineman bullshit. If you want to do 3-4-4, or 3-3-5 fine... but no more 2-4-5 please...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough one yesterday. Glad I am in central time now and didn't have to get up any earlier than usual to watch that. My main takeaways:

• I've seen some mention on social media about "playcalling" being a problem in this game. I don't buy it. We were having trouble just picking up a single yard on the ground most of the game. That tells me we were losing up front consistently, and that's largely independent of playcalling. They were just plain better than us in the trenches yesterday, for whatever reason.
  • The run D was terrible, allowing 100+ to a guy I really never heard of on a team that was previously unable to run the ball. After holding up well against better players like Saquon Barkley and Austin Ekeler in recent weeks, I didn't see these struggles coming in this game.
  • Not getting off the field on 3rd down was killer. Our D didn't give up tons of points, but they sure had trouble making 3rd down stops. Brady was killing us in the deep middle and of course with the shorter stuff.
  • Other than because he's Tom Brady, no clue why Brady didn't get flagged for grounding in the end zone there in the 4th quarter. Seemed pretty obvious to me.
  • Maybe Geno should shelve the QB draws for a minute. He can run off scrambles better than most, but both of the times I recall him just tucking and running were disasters -- one of them a critical red zone turnover.
  • What happened to Nwosu in this game?? It got to the 4th quarter and I don't think I had noticed him out there one time and had to check to see if maybe he wasn't a late game scratch that flew under the radar. He's been so impactful through the 4-game win streak, and having him be totally invisible yesterday was a bummer.
This performance wouldn't be so disappointing if it hadn't come right after an impressive win streak where we got to see what this team is capable of. They just didn't have it yesterday. Rest and recover during the bye, and hopefully we can get back on track after.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those are the winnable games and might even sweep the Rams. 49ers look so strong in the trenches, both sides of the line, that I don't feel very confident about beating them. Seahawks defense will struggle against teams with strong OL and 49ers been running the ball right down teams throat.
its not going to be easy but, historically, thursday night home games present a bigger than normal problem for the road team
Niners play the Cards on MNF next week. Go Cards.
sometimes the cardinals can surprise you, and they have done well against the niners lately. 11-3 since 2015 and swept them last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Russ is a huge part of why an O-line is bad, he’s always doing improv… When he was younger he was ridiculous at it, but he’s just not that guy anymore, he was so much quicker and more elusive back then…

By any respectable metric the QB play has zero bearing on the rating of the Oline. If they take QB play into account then they are not rating the oline now are they? Thats why win rate is a great way to look at Oline performance because NO MATTER WHAT THE QB DOES it has ZERO bearing on the Olines score.

Thats why with Lock and Teddy as Denvers QB the Oline score was about the same as it is With Wilson. Denvers Oline was never all that good and they lost pieces on their Oline going into this season so a down grade in performance was expected. Thats why when the Bronco trolls were here we said " You do not have a better Oline than Seattle" lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough one yesterday. Glad I am in central time now and didn't have to get up any earlier than usual to watch that. My main takeaways:

• I've seen some mention on social media about "playcalling" being a problem in this game. I don't buy it. We were having trouble just picking up a single yard on the ground most of the game. That tells me we were losing up front consistently, and that's largely independent of playcalling. They were just plain better than us in the trenches yesterday, for whatever reason.
  • The run D was terrible, allowing 100+ to a guy I really never heard of on a team that was previously unable to run the ball. After holding up well against better players like Saquon Barkley and Austin Ekeler in recent weeks, I didn't see these struggles coming in this game.
  • Not getting off the field on 3rd down was killer. Our D didn't give up tons of points, but they sure had trouble making 3rd down stops. Brady was killing us in the deep middle and of course with the shorter stuff.
  • Other than because he's Tom Brady, no clue why Brady didn't get flagged for grounding in the end zone there in the 4th quarter. Seemed pretty obvious to me.
  • Maybe Geno should shelve the QB draws for a minute. He can run off scrambles better than most, but both of the times I recall him just tucking and running were disasters -- one of them a critical red zone turnover.
  • What happened to Nwosu in this game?? It got to the 4th quarter and I don't think I had noticed him out there one time and had to check to see if maybe he wasn't a late game scratch that flew under the radar. He's been so impactful through the 4-game win streak, and having him be totally invisible yesterday was a bummer.
This performance wouldn't be so disappointing if it hadn't come right after an impressive win streak where we got to see what this team is capable of. They just didn't have it yesterday. Rest and recover during the bye, and hopefully we can get back on track after.

They were just plain better than us in the trenches yesterday, for whatever reason.
Yep 100% correct. Our Oline is improving but it's still not great. All i ever wanted was middle of the pack for "Improvement" this season and right now thats about where we are. Our Dline still needs help and i wouldn't mind seeing them use 2 of our top 4 picks on DLine.

The run D was terrible, allowing 100+ to a guy I really never heard of on a team that was previously unable to run the ball.
Yep again 100% correct as Tampa had over 160 yards rushing. ( over 410 yards total! )

Not getting off the field on 3rd down was killer.
66% conversion rate for the Bucs on 3rd down 10 of 15

no clue why Brady didn't get flagged for grounding in the end zone there in the 4th quarter
Yep the Tom Brady effect, He is so spoiled that he even throws temper tantrums like a 3 to 4 year old. He doesn't live in the same world as everyone else.

Reactions: JMR

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than because he's Tom Brady, no clue why Brady didn't get flagged for grounding in the end zone there in the 4th quarter. Seemed pretty obvious to me.
Glad you brought that up... I thought for sure it was IG in the endzone... There wasn't a receiver anywhere near where he threw it and he was still in the pocket... I thought I was losing my mind since the commentators didn't really discuss it... Looked to me that it was clearly IG...

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually listen to the news and the bullshit they spew? Give me a fuckin' break dude.... "Well actually, it's roughly the same time lost to travel for both teams!" says some dork in a suit and some vagina who couldn't care less about the NFL and travel logistics/impact let alone facts, or who are simply plants for NFL publicity purposes *ding ding ding - Jesus Hector Salamanca can't ring his bell fast enough*.

Every flight to Germany from Seattle requires 1 stop, there's no direct flight (unlike Tampa)... and the timezone loss is undeniable. "Oh but the news said it's the same." :pound:

Hey - keep your opinion. It's yours. It's a shitty one, but it's an opinion... go with it. I'm sure it'll carry you far in table conversation related to football.

Edit: Wizard I'm sorry, I came off super bitchy. I'm still pissed.
767746cf9821cb222cfbb9c858558524.gif
Unless something has changed in the past few years, you can fly direct from Seattle to Frankfurt.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rams my not have kupp when we ply them on the road

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rams my not have kupp when we ply them on the road
Maybe Donald will take the game off, too, in solidarity... then maybe we can actually win against them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was just going back looking at the difference between Russ today and Russ back in the day, it’s insane how much quicker he was …

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss on the road to a non divisional opponent isnt bad and its not like we got dominated still would have been nice to get the win but it doesnt hurt as much as people think.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss on the road to a non divisional opponent isnt bad and its not like we got dominated still would have been nice to get the win but it doesnt hurt as much as people think.
I think this loss would have stung a lot less if it happened early in the season before we built up the expectation of surprisingly good performance. It'll be pretty easy to get over if the team snaps back into form after the bye.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this loss would have stung a lot less if it happened early in the season before we built up the expectation of surprisingly good performance. It'll be pretty easy to get over if the team snaps back into form after the bye.

If we lose to the raiders at home coming off a bye would be terrible

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose to the raiders at home coming off a bye would be terrible
Yeah, I think my definition of "snapping back into form" would be a double digit win. A 2 point victory with the Raiders missing a game winner as time expires would be better than losing, but that's about it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kooper kupp put on IR with a high ankle sprain

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Detroit has their #1 pick

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it stung more because of What happened of the Sunday nighter IMHO

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kooper kupp put on IR with a high ankle sprain

There goes their entire offense. Fortunately he'll be out when we play them on the road in a couple weeks. ZERO reason we should lose that game with Kupp out. If he returns, he'll obviously be there in the last game of the season against us, but it's at home, so that helps... and I doubt with their season basically over anyone is traveling from LA to support em.