• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Woche 11: Seahawks gegen Buccaneers. 9:30/6:30 CBS/NFL NETWORK/CTV

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why this shouldn't be a W. Does TB do anything better than us? Also not sure why we remain 'dogs by 2.5. I figured the line would move toward the Hawks during the week, but maybe the late money is not in yet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6:30 AM (local time) start is going to be a killer for us. Goodell and the dumbass NFL really fucked Seattle over this year. They probably thought, "Oh great Tampa can slay shitty Seattle so we can do good ol' Tom a solid and get more ratings because it's Brady!" Seriously? Flying a West coast team with a 3 hour timezone difference and 6 more hours on a plane (with another 2-3 more of airport time) compared to the other team? And then 5 of our remaining 7 after the bye being at home... seriously fuck you NFL.

Dude fuck you Goodell. And these London/Germany, whatever... fucking Euro douche games are bullshit to begin with. Player safety my ass...

Seattle is the better team... their DVOA is superior, Tampa's rush defense isn't that great, and the only way Tampa gets pressure is by blitzing and it just so happens Geno is great against the blitz and has abused teams that do it all year. As for Tomb Brady... Brady struggles when getting pressure from teams that don't blitz (as evidence in the SBOWL after he lucked out and Avril and another DL had to check out)... and Seattle doesn't blitz that much this year while getting pressure... so with Taylor back, I expect Brady to get rattled. Seattle rush D has tightened up but Fournette looks horrible this year so whatever.

Again, the big factor that will allow the Bucs to win this game will be the fact the dumbass NFL is basically screwing Seattle out of half a day of time compared to the Bucs and that may lead to injuries or just sluggish play. If this was played in the US no question Seattle would take this game.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might be making a little much of the time difference thing. I have traveled to Germany a couple times in the military, and I was just fine after a couple days. The team got in yesterday. These guys are pros. And young. They'll figure it out.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might be making a little much of the time difference thing. I have traveled to Germany a couple times in the military, and I was just fine after a couple days. The team got in yesterday. These guys are pros. And young. They'll figure it out.
I wanted to go to Germany when I was in the Army but I got Ft. Hood instead. :gaah:

I doubt much has changed there other than the uptick in murders......

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like JMR said, I'm not sure that TB really does anything better than us at this point... Their defense is solid but Tom Brady definitely is showing his age... Great thing about our defense now is we have been putting QB pressure with our front 4 up the middle without blitzing so we should be able to get some heat on Tom forcing him to throw it before he wants to...

They are 20th in the NFL in run defense but 5th against the Pass so their defense is still playing pretty well against the pass, especially with the pressure they put on the QB... They're 3rd in the NFL in sacks...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus they're used to traveling all the time so they know how to prepare for it...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to go to Germany when I was in the Army but I got Ft. Hood instead. :gaah:

I doubt much has changed there other than the uptick in murders......
I never really spent much time at Hood during my 25 years other than a couple short visits on TDY. I wasn't all that impressed, but it's a big post with a significant mission.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No No No GIF

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6:30 AM (local time) start is going to be a killer for us. Goodell and the dumbass NFL really fucked Seattle over this year. They probably thought, "Oh great Tampa can slay shitty Seattle so we can do good ol' Tom a solid and get more ratings because it's Brady!" Seriously? Flying a West coast team with a 3 hour timezone difference and 6 more hours on a plane (with another 2-3 more of airport time) compared to the other team? And then 5 of our remaining 7 after the bye being at home... seriously fuck you NFL.

Dude fuck you Goodell. And these London/Germany, whatever... fucking Euro douche games are bullshit to begin with. Player safety my ass...

Seattle is the better team... their DVOA is superior, Tampa's rush defense isn't that great, and the only way Tampa gets pressure is by blitzing and it just so happens Geno is great against the blitz and has abused teams that do it all year. As for Tomb Brady... Brady struggles when getting pressure from teams that don't blitz (as evidence in the SBOWL after he lucked out and Avril and another DL had to check out)... and Seattle doesn't blitz that much this year while getting pressure... so with Taylor back, I expect Brady to get rattled. Seattle rush D has tightened up but Fournette looks horrible this year so whatever.

Again, the big factor that will allow the Bucs to win this game will be the fact the dumbass NFL is basically screwing Seattle out of half a day of time compared to the Bucs and that may lead to injuries or just sluggish play. If this was played in the US no question Seattle would take this game.
Actually, the flight times are remarkably similar for both teams. Seattle will only spend about 30 minutes more on their flight to Germany. ESPN had an article the other day about it and the flight distance is only 237 miles more flying from Seattle to Berlin rather than flying from Tampa Bay to Berlin. The time change is the bigger deal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the flight times are remarkably similar for both teams. Seattle will only spend about 30 minutes more on their flight to Germany. ESPN had an article the other day about it and the flight distance is only 237 miles more flying from Seattle to Berlin rather than flying from Tampa Bay to Berlin. The time change is the bigger deal.

Hammer I don't want your logic and bullshit calculated responses.. you just need to agree with me and assume everything is a conspiracy. I'll let it go this time...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 Thinking GIF by The Big Bang Theory
Big Bang Theory Brain GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle loses, I already know... this will be the downfall game where Seattle loses the next 8 straight...