• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the signing of Melton

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what people think we will be looking at now.
Do people still think we take a DT? Like Arnold, & I know we still need a 1 DT but don't think we would use a 1st on it.
Or now do we go with a possible DE?
& of course the idea of a top safety has never left ones thoughts.
I assume most will say BPA & now that we have at least one DL spot, it makes that thought wide open.
What position do you think that will be?

I still think it will be a surprise position. Someone one that was suppose to be a top ten falling to us & a position we weren't thinking of. (excluding QB or TE)

But for me now I am curious what DEs are out there that would be worthy of the #16 spot. Like I said I don't think we take a 1DT in the 1st. I can see even more now if there is a bunch rated all closely together us trading back some.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since its the second time you said it...Donald

I think you mostly answered your own question. DT, DE and S still the biggest needs. But, we have other areas like OL and LB that we could use too. So I think BPA with a slight lean towards DL or safety. The draft is more than one round and there are safeties and DL to be had after round one! I still think there is a good chance that Lewan is the guy if he drops. A lot are talking WR, but I don't see it. But then again, seems we draft a WR every year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what people think we will be looking at now.
Do people still think we take a DT? Like Arnold, & I know we still need a 1 DT but don't think we would use a 1st on it.
Or now do we go with a possible DE?
& of course the idea of a top safety has never left ones thoughts.
I assume most will say BPA & now that we have at least one DL spot, it makes that thought wide open.
What position do you think that will be?

I still think it will be a surprise position. Someone one that was suppose to be a top ten falling to us & a position we weren't thinking of. (excluding QB or TE)

But for me now I am curious what DEs are out there that would be worthy of the #16 spot. Like I said I don't think we take a 1DT in the 1st. I can see even more now if there is a bunch rated all closely together us trading back some.

I think we may still take a DT in the 1st.

What signing Melton did was allow us to not be forced to take one.
We already know Rod doesn't value a 3tech high in the draft but a 1tech .... still possible. Melton may very well just be a 1 year stop gap. ( Plus Melton has played DE)
Safety I HOPE is still on the table

But yeah I think BPA .... At a position of need.
In other words I dont see us touching a Qb in the 1st D-line, Safety, Maybe a top o-tackle if one falls but I doubt it.
Don't see Lber in the 1st or Cb in the 1st ....
Know a Center wont be taken in the first.

Common sense kinda thing

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Melton I thought it would be DT or S. Now I see many possibilities. Yes DT and S are still there but now I think it could be any of those + DE, LB, CB, OG, OT, and as long as Jerry is involved a WR. The signing of Melton un-cuffed us.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we move away from DT at 16. Seems a waste to draft 1tech there.

Still love the thought of safety but I think DE looks the part at this time. Maybe Kony Early. I'd love to steal Scott Crichton in round two.

I sure wouldn't mind Ryan Shazier in Dallas. Love LB'ers with game...just don't see how without a trade down and that isn't jerry's strong suit

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay8810;4674937 .just don't see how without a trade down and that isn't jerry's strong suit[/QUOTE said:
I think you just hit the nail on the head right there ( But it did work out last year)

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think signing Melton allows Jerry to trade down if a top player on their board is not there @ 16. Dee Ford could be a sleeper target with a trade down....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think signing Melton allows Jerry to trade down if a top player on their board is not there @ 16. Dee Ford could be a sleeper target with a trade down....

this is true and worries the heck outta me.........we gotta hit here with a guy on the field. Ford looks the situational player to me and I'd hate to see that as our first selection.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true and worries the heck outta me.........we gotta hit here with a guy on the field. Ford looks the situational player to me and I'd hate to see that as our first selection.

Agree. One thing we don't need in the 1st is a part time "sleeper" pick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. One thing we don't need in the 1st is a part time "sleeper" pick.

EXACTLY

Which is why the fight happened when it came to Ford

Hell fucking no to Ford in a Cowboys uniform

No fucking tweeners in the 1st 4 rounds

Too many holes to fix to take a project

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kony Early. I'd love to steal Scott Crichton in round two.

Agree on both. I liked Ealy as one of the possibilities all along. Once we started looking at Melton I felt it made Ealy even more possible. Wonder how the team likes him. Like Crichton too. Gut says he isn't there if we stand pat in the 2nd. If we do he is one of the ones I like unless someone drops.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade down, the guy I gravitate to is Hageman. I know none of you guys seem to like him at #16, but i wouldn't mind him there even. Damn there are still like 10 guys I'd like that may be there. Hope those QBs go early and often

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade down, the guy I gravitate to is Hageman. I know none of you guys seem to like him at #16, but i wouldn't mind him there even. Damn there are still like 10 guys I'd like that may be there. Hope those QBs go early and often

Oh I like him .... just not at 16

But this is coming from someone that doesn't like Donald at 16 either

Unless someone takes a major drop ..... at 16 ..... only player I think we should grab there is Clinton-Dix

Once draft day hits ... it's all gonna get mixed up anyway ..... but currently ... at 16 my guy is Clinton-Dix ... or trade down a few spots ... and HOPE for an extra 2nd

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade down, the guy I gravitate to is Hageman. I know none of you guys seem to like him at #16, but i wouldn't mind him there even.

There's a chance there are 4 maybe 5 players available we need at 16. If so im all for trading back a little if the belief is at least two will still be on the board when we're up again. Get a guy we want and a pick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and to better explain why I think that

Draft is deep at certain positions .... Thin at others....

Those thin positions are gonna be jumped on fast and over drafted .... Where it's deep .. I think those guys drops ....
Which is what every Cowboys fan should hope for .. Especially if we get an incredible trade over someone that dropped 5-10 spots because of it

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I better explain mine too. If there is a must have in that 4 or 5 we need to just take him there screw moving back.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I better explain mine too. If there is a must have in that 4 or 5 we need to just take him there screw moving back.

oh you never trade down over 4-5 spots .... but 16- 21 Thats a good 5 spots ... in a deep draft ....

You jump on that all day long if it lets you keep a 1st and gain a 2nd ( maybe more) in a draft this deep

Not most drafts ..... in this one .... yeah you do .... especially with as many holes as we need to fill .... and fixing our cap

ALL DAY LONG if " your guy" isn't there

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh you never trade down over 4-5 spots .... but 16- 21 Thats a good 5 spots ... in a deep draft ....

You jump on that all day long if it lets you keep a 1st and gain a 2nd ( maybe more) in a draft this deep

Not most drafts ..... in this one .... yeah you do .... especially with as many holes as we need to fill .... and fixing our cap

ALL DAY LONG if " your guy" isn't there

If Dix is there and Pryors not, do you trade back?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pryor and Dix along with 4 other quality guys are there I trade back I'd be happy with either as a consolation prize.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dix is there and Pryors not, do you trade back?

Im not a fan of Pryor before #30

I dont see him anywhere near the same league as Clinton-Dix Not even close and damn sure not mid first round talent

Only reason he is being hyped ... is because safties in this draft outside of Clinton-Dix ..... are 2nd rounders and lesser

and they are trying to hype every position

Same with Tackles .... Hageman is a low 1st Nix middle 2nd

Will teams over draft ... sure .... but that is what they are value wise

LOL and the outcry about drafting Frederick ..... LMAO draft one of those guys at 16 ..... and watch the media backlash and the trolls pour in here