• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the signing of Melton

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you have a point but it seems worse

I am just messing with you. I don't know shit either. 16 position should get us a need. My only concern is jerry trying to outsmart all the other GM's and doing something too risky.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just messing with you. I don't know shit either. 16 position should get us a need. My only concern is jerry trying to outsmart all the other GM's and doing something too risky.

sorry rough day, JJ is always trying outsmart the others and usually failing miserably

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my opinion as well.

I also think Watkins has what it takes to be a once in a generation kind of player in the NFL, but even then I don't like the idea of trading up to get him, even if he is still there at 14. It would cost too much in terms of picks to move up and our defense would still be depleted. It's a deep draft, but not deep enough to trade first and second round picks and still expect a couple of defensive starters.

The only way I would like a trade up for Watkins, let alone any other player, is if we somehow trade Dez before the draft for an extra first and second with a team that is looking for a proven #1 WR. As has been pointed out on other thread, there probably aren't any teams that will pick in the first ten spots that would be willing to make that kind of a trade. They would almost certainly rather have Watkins with a rookie contract, than Dez and the millions he's going to demand next year.

I don't want a trade up because it will cost us valuable picks in this deep draft, and I don't want a trade down because Jerry doesn't do it well. So the odds are that I'm going to be disappointed come May 8.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think Watkins has what it takes to be a once in a generation kind of player in the NFL, but even then I don't like the idea of trading up to get him, even if he is still there at 14. It would cost too much in terms of picks to move up and our defense would still be depleted. It's a deep draft, but not deep enough to trade first and second round picks and still expect a couple of defensive starters.

The only way I would like a trade up for Watkins, let alone any other player, is if we somehow trade Dez before the draft for an extra first and second with a team that is looking for a proven #1 WR. As has been pointed out on other thread, there probably aren't any teams that will pick in the first ten spots that would be willing to make that kind of a trade. They would almost certainly rather have Watkins with a rookie contract, than Dez and the millions he's going to demand next year.

I don't want a trade up because it will cost us valuable picks in this deep draft, and I don't want a trade down because Jerry doesn't do it well. So the odds are that I'm going to be disappointed come May 8.

Not that it is realistic or going to happen ( it wont)

Trade up grab Watkins
bottom of the 1st throw Dez up for trade .... Easily gets you a 2nd and a 3rd .... and a 1st from next year .... which you trade for even more picks

You end up with a very young team ..... and alot of holes fixed in one draft

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could work with this !!!!! Trading Dez for a one is a good move.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously having discussions about trading the most talented player on this team for a player that has yet to play a snap in the NFL? Recall how good and even great other can't miss prospects have looked in the last only to be worthless. If we even considered doing this we would need to start fresh, no romo, no Witten, no Carr, no Garrett

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously having discussions about trading the most talented player on this team for a player that has yet to play a snap in the NFL? Recall how good and even great other can't miss prospects have looked in the last only to be worthless. If we even considered doing this we would need to start fresh, no romo, no Witten, no Carr, no Garrett

:agree: I don't know why some are beating the drum for Dez to be traded for a UNKNOWN Prospect :noidea:

#One in the hand is better than two in the bushes :whistle:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I don't know why some are beating the drum for Dez to be traded for a UNKNOWN Prospect :noidea:

I would have to agree. If we were going to trade up for Watkins, I'd want him to line up ACROSS from Dez. Now that would rock. Unfortunately, it would cost us 16 and next years #1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree. If we were going to trade up for Watkins, I'd want him to line up ACROSS from Dez. Now that would rock. Unfortunately, it would cost us 16 and next years #1

Not necessarily, depends where he fell to? I don't make any offer unless he falls out of top five. There is always a possibility he falls to 8, very doubtful but still possible. Most think he won't make it last the Browns; but I am in the thinking that the Browns need a QB first before they have the potentially best WR duo in the NFL, because without a QB those WR will be pointless. So if Cle goes Manzel, Oak goes Gilbert which I honestly think they do, stl and tb could go OT back to back on two of the three studs in this draft, Vikings go Teddy B, and the Buffalo goes OT on the last one to protect their franchise QB, then you see Detroit on the clock, they just signed Tate, and still want a WR would they be willing to trade down since all are on board? Possibly considering they have major gaps, to do that trade you'd swap 1st and thirds this year and next. I'd say worth it. This is very possible to happen considering the needs of the top 9 teams in draft could go anyway.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not beating the trade Dez drum, but if the right deal popped up I'd be on board. Think about for as great as we think Dez can/will be he has shown enough inconsistencies to allow some questions about him. I think twist is THE "Trade Dez" guy. But he has been anti Dez the day we drafted him. I don't think Twist has seen enough from Dez to change his mind.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not beating the trade Dez drum, but if the right deal popped up I'd be on board. Think about for as great as we think Dez can/will be he has shown enough inconsistencies to allow some questions about him. I think twist is THE "Trade Dez" guy. But he has been anti Dez the day we drafted him. I don't think Twist has seen enough from Dez to change his mind.

Only way I trade Dez is a swap of top 5 pick that would land me Watkins, and two extra first. ONLY way I'd consider it. The only team with the heat to do that is Cle but they wouldn't mortgage their future of two first.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I trade Dez is a swap of top 5 pick that would land me Watkins, and two extra first. ONLY way I'd consider it. The only team with the heat to do that is Cle but they wouldn't mortgage their future of two first.

WOW. You want 3 FIRST,s for Dez and one of those have to be a top 5? You value Dez a whole lot more than I do. I'd bet the only ones who would even think that deal are Dallas fans. If I got two firsts for Dez im in board with the trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. You want 3 FIRST,s for Dez and one of those have to be a top 5? You value Dez a whole lot more than I do. I'd bet the only ones who would even think that deal are Dallas fans. If I got two firsts for Dez im in board with the trade.

Yup meaning I don't want to trade him lol

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dez is very good but expendable. You don't break the bank on wide receivers. Not in this league.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is very good but expendable. You don't break the bank on wide receivers. Not in this league.

Actually wide receivers do break the bank in this league...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think a lot of Dallas fans are mixing up Dez's potential, when talking about how good he is. I don't see Dez as a top 5 WR. Does he have the potential of it? Sure. But I haven't seen him as a top 5 WR in any full year yet. If a favorable trade came our way for Dez I am all for it. Think people over rate Dez on this team, because of his potential.

As far as Watkins goes. I don think he gets out of the top 5 picks & if he does willing to bet he doesn't get past #7. So I don't see us trading up for Watkins. unless the Rams trades back. I think he goes #2.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been the trade Dez guy and I've given my reasons why

Coming into a contract year
Will be paid between 12-17 million a year after that
Still have to send a baby sitting crew out with him to keep him out of trouble
Walks off the field before the game is over
runs 4 MAYBE 5 routes ( so he's not really learning.... atleast fast enough for me)

I didnt agree with the Carr contract cause I didnt think we were a player away
I didn't like the Romo contract..... but Jerry may know more then me there. Last year was a weak Qb class. And this year is a weak Qb class.

The ONLY player on this team I think deserves 10+ million a year is Smith

Look at all of our needs right now.
If Carter doesn't return to form We need to replace him
and may or may not need a strong side linebacker
We need help across the board on D-line. Both starters and depth.
Depending on Wilcox ... But I think most agree a Free Safety
And if Carr cant return to form or play in this scheme..... Same with Mo
Possibly 2 new corners

Now no real money to fix those issues in Free Agency SO we look to the draft and not going to be able to fix them all in 1 draft thats a given. Not without extra picks ....and may need two years with extra picks to fix it.

Even with the cap going up Smith's contract is coming up as well as Dez and Murray

you are looking at 25-30 million to resign both Dez and Smith .... So even with the cap increase, signing those two keeps you cap strapped