• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With or without Murray.....

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why there's a real difference between fans (people who just like players regardless of any real circumstances, and wants a particular player on their team), and team business owners, people that see a real market for all players and any potential opportunities to better their team.

Exactly. Most of the Cowboys fans on here are in the latter group. We want Murray to stay but we don't want to sign a top tier contract and hamstring the other needs this team has.

But you are in the first group. You are fan with the obsession with 1 player. Adrian Peterson. Getting him is all that matters.

It's so weird you pointed this out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's so weird you pointed this out"

I thought so and was called a troll.
Perhaps it's just that superior intellect he spoke of Friday night on display here. :doh:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Most of the Cowboys fans on here are in the latter group. We want Murray to stay but we don't want to sign a top tier contract and hamstring the other needs this team has.

But you are in the first group. You are fan with the obsession with 1 player. Adrian Peterson. Getting him is all that matters.

It's so weird you pointed this out.

Really?? I thought that I laid out my position here very eloquently over numerous posts. If there is a realistic possibility of getting AP, until they see the writing on the wall, I do believe that they are positioning themselves to make a run at AP if he becomes available...and that the ringmaster in Jerry wants to see where this all goes first. If not, they may possibly re-sign Murray or look elsewhere. It's the poster Police brigade here and their man-crush on Murray, that just refuses to believe and accept anything else may just be possible, and that is guilty of trying put a spin on things. Lol....this is no big secret in the football community that they have a mutual like for one another. Now you two run along.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Colts not interested in DeMarco Murray
by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com
The Colts are looking for a running back, but the NFL's leading rusher from 2014 isn't on their radar.

The Colts aren't interested in Cowboys free agent RB DeMarco Murray, according to a report by ESPN's Mike Wells, citing a source.

Murray rushed for 1,845 yards last season.

They must be holding out for AP?

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Colts not interested in DeMarco Murray
by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com
The Colts are looking for a running back, but the NFL's leading rusher from 2014 isn't on their radar.

The Colts aren't interested in Cowboys free agent RB DeMarco Murray, according to a report by ESPN's Mike Wells, citing a source.

Murray rushed for 1,845 yards last season.

They must be holding out for AP?

Possibly, or they just don't want to pay Murray his asking price. Even more evidence on why Jerry will (and should) let this process play itself out before making Murray any serious offer.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, or they just don't want to pay Murray his asking price. Even more evidence that why Jerry will let this process play itself out before making Murray any serious offer.

Someone will always overpay if you give them a chance, Colts may not but some team will

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will always overpay if you give them a chance, Colts may not but some team will
I think it could be out there that Murray will take any offer back to the Cowboys for the chance to match and the Colts didn't feel like wasting time

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK, I see a lot of interest in Gore, but absolutely nothing on Murray, which does surprise me.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it could be out there that Murray will take any offer back to the Cowboys for the chance to match and the Colts didn't feel like wasting time

:dingdingding:

Teams see that Murray is just using their offers as leverage with Jerry, and that he really wants to go back to the Cowboys ultimately. Being seen with Romo, Garrett, and Witten, at duke basketball games just before FA hits, was just a dumb business move by Murray imo.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I see a lot of interest in Gore, but absolutely nothing on Murray, which does surprise me.

Maybe some teams are looking at their blocking and realize Murray won't have the same success he had behind the Cowboys line this year. Gore should come much cheaper, you would think

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some teams are looking at their blocking and realize Murray won't have the same success he had behind the Cowboys line this year. Gore should come much cheaper, you would think

That's a theory shared by one of the Poster Police brigade members here....that this team really believes deep down that it's our OL which has been responsible for Murray's success last season, not his skill level. I don't fully buy into that theory however. What you are saying here by subscribing to this theory, is that paying Murray like an elite runner or anywhere near that, is foolish, if you truly don't believe in his skill level (if you're the Dallas Cowboys), and that he can easily be replaced. Why not just sign any runner then much cheaper and let him walk?? Why act like he is your only option then, and it's all just about getting him for the right dollars??

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hearing Gore to the Eagles for $5Mil per.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a theory shared by one of the Poster Police brigade members here....that this team really believes deep down that it's our OL which has been responsible for Murray's success last season, not his skill level. I don't fully buy into that theory however. What you are saying here by subscribing to this theory, is that paying Murray like an elite runner or anywhere near that, is foolish, if you truly don't believe in his skill level (if you're the Dallas Cowboys), and that he can easily be replaced. Why not just sign any runner then much cheaper and let him walk?? Why act like he is your only option then, and it's all just about getting him for the right dollars??

Maybe it's to appease the fans. Most want him back, f the team publicly stated they don't need him and at least didn't show they want him the voice of anger would be loud. Now if Murray get a deal the Boys can't/won't match at least they can say they tried. Now if they let him walk and give another RB an equal deal we the fan base will question Jerry.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a theory shared by one of the Poster Police brigade members here....that this team really believes deep down that it's our OL which has been responsible for Murray's success last season, not his skill level. I don't fully buy into that theory however. What you are saying here by subscribing to this theory, is that paying Murray like an elite runner or anywhere near that, is foolish, if truly believe in his skills (if you're the Dallas Cowboys) and that he can easily be replaced. Why not just sign any runner then much cheaper and let him walk?? Why act like he is your only option then, and it's just a matter of dollars??

Murray has a skill set/level that can translate to success, as has happened for him in Dallas. I don't think it happens with just any team or Oline. Murray's value is enhanced by his pass protection (lord knows Romo needs that) and his size, beyond his rushing and pass catching abilities. I think paying Murray more than market value is foolish, but I do believe a team will reach and do so. Murray isn't the type that can be easy replaced, he is above average in several facets. That doesn't mean JJ should pay him 12 million per. I would rather have Murray, at say 8-9 million vs take a chance on an unproven draft pick, or a CJ Spiller or Frank Gore. We know how he fits, but yes the dollars matter significantly with cap issues I would say.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Gore to the Eagles for $5Mil per.

Probably about his value, maybe a little more. Don't you always have to pay a little more these days though

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's to appease the fans. Most want him back, f the team publicly stated they don't need him and at least didn't show they want him the voice of anger would be loud. Now if Murray get a deal the Boys can't/won't match at least they can say they tried. Now if they let him walk and give another RB an equal deal we the fan base will question Jerry.

Sounds feasible. But by the time the smoke clears in FA, they will either have Murray for their original $4Mil-$16Mil offer, or look at the draft to replace him. Just don't see any RB with any potential worth really going after then. Forsett?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looks like that team will be the Jaguars. word is they will major overpay for murray

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like that team will be the Jaguars. word is they will major overpay for murray

And they have the cap room, they need to spend frivolously it seems