• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With or without Murray.....

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills and running back LeSean McCoy have agreed to a new five-year contract once the team's trade with the Eagles is finalized Tuesday, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

McCoy will make $16 million in 2015 and is due $26.5 million total in guaranteed money over the life of the deal, which totals $40 million over five years, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus, per ESPN.

McCoy was set to count for $10.25 million against the Bills' cap in 2015 on the terms of his current deal, which took him through the 2017 season. The trade agreed to by the two teams is expected to send linebacker Kiko Alonso to Philadelphia in exchange for McCoy, who finished with 1,319 rushing yards on 312 carries and 155 receiving yards on a career-low 28 receptions in 2014 while scoring five rushing touchdowns.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills and running back LeSean McCoy have agreed to a new five-year contract once the team's trade with the Eagles is finalized Tuesday, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

McCoy will make $16 million in 2015 and is due $26.5 million total in guaranteed money over the life of the deal, which totals $40 million over five years, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus, per ESPN.

McCoy was set to count for $10.25 million against the Bills' cap in 2015 on the terms of his current deal, which took him through the 2017 season. The trade agreed to by the two teams is expected to send linebacker Kiko Alonso to Philadelphia in exchange for McCoy, who finished with 1,319 rushing yards on 312 carries and 155 receiving yards on a career-low 28 receptions in 2014 while scoring five rushing touchdowns.
McCoy is 26. I'd say that is fair value for McCoy, and Murray as well. Exactly what I thought the Cowboys would end up offering him, and I think that is an offer Murray would accept

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is 26. I'd say that is fair value for McCoy, and Murray as well. Exactly what I thought the Cowboys would end up offering him, and I think that is an offer Murray would accept

JJ should follow suit then, don't think there is a better fit for the Boys right now than Murray at that price. Drafting a RB is always taking a chance and AP is a shot in the dark and I still don't see that happening

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$8Milper average, $13Mil signing bonus.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ should follow suit then, don't think there is a better fit for the Boys right now than Murray at that price. Drafting a RB is always taking a chance and AP is a shot in the dark and I still don't see that happening
I agree 100%. If Murray signs somewhere for 5 years and $55 million, then it would be understandable if the Cowboys didn't match. If he were to sign for 8-9 million per, I think the Cowboys will regret not matching that offer. $8 million per for Murray would be a value deal for the Cowboys IMO. I mean, really, he simply isn't going to resign with Dallas for $5 or $6 million a year, it's never going to happen, so why not give him a market value offer(since he wants to stay) and take away any risk of someone breaking the bank on him. Make your best offer TODAY Jerry

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. If Murray signs somewhere for 5 years and $55 million, then it would be understandable if the Cowboys didn't match. If he were to sign for 8-9 million per, I think the Cowboys will regret not matching that offer. $8 million per for Murray would be a value deal for the Cowboys IMO. I mean, really, he simply isn't going to resign with Dallas for $5 or $6 million a year, it's never going to happen, so why not give him a market value offer(since he wants to stay) and take away any risk of someone breaking the bank on him. Make your best offer TODAY Jerry

4-5 million per just wasn't gonna get it done, he should be paid what he's worth and 8-9 is about right I think

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 24-24 from 2011-2013 with Murray not getting the ball as much. Last season when they fed him the ball like the workhorse he is? 12-4.

It helped Romo a lot and he didn't have to throw the ball 40-50 times a game like he did from 2011-2013.

That's not a coincidence.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-5 million per just wasn't gonna get it done, he should be paid what he's worth and 8-9 is about right I think
:agree: Don't you believe the McCoy deal is one that Murray would sign right now?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck thinking you can plug another RB in behind that OL and get anything close to similar production.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray was a stud in college playing behind a horrid line. Put him behind a good line and he is going to put up huge numbers. Way better than adequate in pass protection. My god do some of you even watch the games?????

This.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Don't you believe the McCoy deal is one that Murray would sign right now?

I think if he gets that offer and doesn't sign, his talk about wanting to play in Dallas was all BS then

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too late for that. If JJ was going to just re-sign Murray anyway, he would have done that by now. I think he will let the FA thing play out to see what offers Murray can bargain with. Just a common business practice now imo, especially how we are not hearing any rumors at all now of any serious offers being thrown at Murray throughout this legal tampering period. It's also much too early to know what's going on with the AP situation for him to give up on that as well imo. I do agree however, that the Bills' decision to pay McCoy now and not just wait until the draft for a RB (even though they would have to wait until the 50th pick to use their 1st pick, they could of traded up into top of 2nd round for a RB much cheaper), shows that the draft is a sheer crap-shoot, versus paying a proven vet.

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are better RB's available in the draft.

I would rather have Gordon than Spiller I think, doubt Gurley makes it to the Cowboys. There is Abdullah, Duke, Ajayi, Tevin Coleman or Yeldon too probably available later as well

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phins to sign Duh for $114Mil, $60Mil guaranteed. Hope he doesn't get thrown out of the league any time soon.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why there's a real difference between fans (people who just like players regardless of any real circumstances, and wants a particular player on their team), and team business owners, people that see a real market for all players and any potential opportunities to better their team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why there's a real difference between fans (people who just like players regardless of any real circumstances, and wants a particular player on their team), and team business owners, people that see a real market for all players and any potential opportunities to better their team.
I agree.....like AP in Dallas

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's cut to the chase. Jerry could easily free up about $20Mil in cap space with auto triggers in Romo and Tyron's contracts, and reducing Carr's cap hit this year (something that they will probably have to do anyway to sign FAs), it's just a matter of what they really want to do now realistically....it's not just all about not having the money or spending efficiently, as this team would lead us all to believe here. Some of us can read between the lines, while others here can't.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....like AP in Dallas

Yeah, I'm sure Jerry has absolutely no interest at all in going after AP :thumb:. Please move along now troll.

Last edited: