• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With or without Murray.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting rumor on both Suh and Murray on Rotoworld:

According to Yahoo's Charles Robinson, people around the league are talking about free agent Ndamukong Suh to the Dolphins "as if it already happened."

This seems like a rumor much more than a report, so approach it with some caution. Robinson says league sources are treating DeMarco Murray back to Dallas as if it's a done deal, as well, though Cowboys beat reporters dispute that idea. Either way, the Dolphins are the clear early frontrunners to land Suh. He wouldn't be able to sign with them until Tuesday. Keep in mind the Dolphins were also long seen as the favorites to sign Peyton Manning in 2012. And in the end, they didn't even come close.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter
Mar 7 - 3:35 PM

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see how Dallas can give Murray or any other back 5M as they currently sit right now. Dallas CANNOT give Murray any where near that.

the cowboys have the ability to restructure several contracts like Tyron Smith that will enable them to do a deal with Murray

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but throwing a rookie in would be disruptive to the cowboys game plan.
Not really as there are a glut of very good RBs available in the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you hit on the pick it's great, if you don't you are in trouble. Even first round RBs are 50/50 at best. One thing a lot of first year RBs struggle with is pass protection and no one on our roster right now can protect Romo.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cowboys have the ability to restructure several contracts like Tyron Smith that will enable them to do a deal with Murray

You will need to restructure a few contracts including Romos. I guess we can keep going down that cap hell road with millions in dead money looming each year. I say we're close to being in a great cap situation don't fuck it up by pushing money into years playerssy not be around.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will need to restructure a few contracts including Romos. I guess we can keep going down that cap hell road with millions in dead money looming each year. I say we're close to being in a great cap situation don't fuck it up by pushing money into years playerssy not be around.

so basically we finally start playing good football and you want to take 3 steps back

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically we finally start playing good football and you want to take 3 steps back

I just don't want to go all in on one season then be back in cap hell the next ten years. I will readily admit Murray is the better option right now but RB's break down fast, especially RB's who play recklessly. This TEAM is close to being great, and will need to replace Romo soon. Going conservative on a RB doesn't destroy the team future. Giving $$$$$$ to a RB who may not last 3 more years does. If we go conservative at RB we will have money for a FA QB when Romo's done. Look I love Romo as our QB but he's a lot closer the end of his career rather than the beginning.

Think about it Murray was more than good his rookie season why cant our next rookie be?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller is a scary option to me, something screams injury idk

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want to go all in on one season then be back in cap hell the next ten years. I will readily admit Murray is the better option right now but RB's break down fast, especially RB's who play recklessly. This TEAM is close to being great, and will need to replace Romo soon. Going conservative on a RB doesn't destroy the team future. Giving $$$$$$ to a RB who may not last 3 more years does. If we go conservative at RB we will have money for a FA QB when Romo's done. Look I love Romo as our QB but he's a lot closer the end of his career rather than the beginning.

Think about it Murray was more than good his rookie season why cant our next rookie be?

adding a RB from the draft and keeping Murray makes sense. letting Murray walk and going with nothing but a rookie doesn't

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree with your view on the cap in general. The new way of doing things in Big D which included cheap smart FA signings is what brought us this success. No need to go back to the impulsive win now reactions. Restructuring Romo would be a horrible mistake. We need to chip away at that cap hit, not push more of it out into what will likely be the "dead years". Restructuring Smith would be smart. He is the perfect type of player to restructure. He is young, at the top of his game and is going to be here a long time.

I'd love to see us find a couple more guys like Mincey and some of the other rotation guys that earned their money, but have replaceable contracts if someone beats them out.

I wouldn't call it going "all in" to resign Murray unless we signed someone else (defense?) as well. Once Dez is signed we will have ample cap room this year to sign Murray. There is very little chance a draft pick gives us the same or even close to the same production. The key will be how much he is offered by other teams. If he is looking at a huge deal we need to let him go. If we can get him for a reasonable deal we need to resign him. The good thing about this team right now is that all we need to do is keep last years Offense in place and we are set on that side of the ball. Can we do that??? Not sure...

Romo's savings against the cap when he is gone would pay for his replacement, but how often do $20M QBs come via free agency? You are either looking at a lower tier or a draft pick. Fitting Romos replacement under the cap isnt what we are thinking about right now.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with your view on the cap in general. The new way of doing things in Big D which included cheap smart FA signings is what brought us this success. No need to go back to the impulsive win now reactions. Restructuring Romo would be a horrible mistake. We need to chip away at that cap hit, not push more of it out into what will likely be the "dead years". Restructuring Smith would be smart. He is the perfect type of player to restructure. He is young, at the top of his game and is going to be here a long time.

I'd love to see us find a couple more guys like Mincey and some of the other rotation guys that earned their money, but have replaceable contracts if someone beats them out.

I wouldn't call it going "all in" to resign Murray unless we signed someone else (defense?) as well. Once Dez is signed we will have ample cap room this year to sign Murray. There is very little chance a draft pick gives us the same or even close to the same production. The key will be how much he is offered by other teams. If he is looking at a huge deal we need to let him go. If we can get him for a reasonable deal we need to resign him. The good thing about this team right now is that all we need to do is keep last years Offense in place and we are set on that side of the ball. Can we do that??? Not sure...

Romo's savings against the cap when he is gone would pay for his replacement, but how often do $20M QBs come via free agency? You are either looking at a lower tier or a draft pick. Fitting Romos replacement under the cap isnt what we are thinking about right now.

I agree getting Dez signed very well could make signing Murray easier. Problem is Murray could walk before that happens.

If Romo makes it through 2016 yes he save money. If 2015 is his final season how much does that save us?

Here's another problem with pushing money back with contract restructures. I read the other day that even though Dallas has been at the cap ceiling for a long while now they have to spend money over the next couple of years of be in violation of not spending enough. The way I understood it is the dead money doesn't count as team salary it just counts against the cap.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, it appears to be a soft market for Murray so far right now. Good news. Could use the draft pick to go defense if they re-sign him under market value. Teams don't seem to covet him the way this team does...at least so far.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further, MCcoy and Bills just reportedly agreed to a new 5 year deal once trade is finalized on Tuesday. Wonder what the guaranteed number will be.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram resigns with Saints 4 years $16 million

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram resigns with Saints 4 years $16 million

Don't believe McCoy is in that same range after refusing to take a pay cut with the Eagles from a $10Mil-$7.5Mil avg. over the last 3 years of his deal with them, right before the trade.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe McCoy is in that same range after refusing to take a pay cut with the Eagles from a $10Mil-$7.5Mil avg. over the last 3 years of his deal with them, right before the trade.

according to reports McCoy got 5 years 40M