• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin at Arizona State Game Thread

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cannot see a shootout with these two defenses who are elite (top 5 IMO). However if it comes down to a FG ASU will win since UW has one of the worst if not the worst Kicker in the NCAA.
Maybe he'll miss an extra point that would have tied the game at the end of the 4th :laugh3:
Graham is our modern day Kush. Now if Chris Young isnt available I say Wisconsin gets the W.

I'm confident Young will play. It was just a bruised thigh. He probably would have been able to come back last week if we were playing someone good.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? It's Umass and Tennessee Tech?! If there was a top 175 Umass and Tennessee Tech wouldn't be in it.

Were you impressed when Melvin ran for 220 yards on 9 carries against Nebraska? I mean, what problems do you (or anyone else) have with our RBs? If you want to call me out for overrating our O-Line or brushing aside concerns that we lack good receivers, fine, but when you pretend our RBs aren't exceptional it really makes me wonder if you've ever seen us play.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about ASU's offense in this game one bit. As Graham says, don't turn the ball over, and we're going to score.

It's all about stopping the run.. Which we've struggled doing.. But I think we'll be better now with depth and improved size. If we can't do that we're going to lose period.

Interest note: Deatre Lewis I believe is the only player to play against Wisconsin in the past. If I remember right the kid had a great game. Hopefully we throw him in some as a scat back to refresh Wis memory.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you impressed when Melvin ran for 220 yards on 9 carries against Nebraska? I mean, what problems do you (or anyone else) have with our RBs? If you want to call me out for overrating our O-Line or brushing aside concerns that we lack good receivers, fine, but when you pretend our RBs aren't exceptional it really makes me wonder if you've ever seen us play.

Wisconsin RB's are good, I wouldn't go exceptional though. Let's not pretend they are Gurley, DAT or Kadeem Carey good, because they just aren't. And I was merely talking about your team as a whole. Sorry I want to wait until you don't play a high school team to judge how good you are.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deantre Lewis looked great last week it looks like he got his speed back. We need to implement him slowly into the offense but he could be big this year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it's the best O-line in the country. This is why most UW backs fail when entering the NFL because they were a product of the O-line. These backs are ok but nothing to brag about. White is not an NFL caliber back and won't be drafted, Clement is a freshman with solid power but has no moves, agility and has avg speed and Gordon has decent top speed but has poor vision and no moves either.

This is ridiculous. There at least three OLs that are indisputably better than us (TAMU, Alabama, and Oregon). And at least 10-15 other teams have a solid case. Backs can be good in college without the skills transferring to the NFL. Maybe you need to be able to run a 4.45 40 in the NFL, but if you can go 52 games in college without it biting you in your ass, then it means you are a good running back. Period.

And when you say Gordon has no moves, you sound like you have never seen a Badger game before. He makes people miss in open space like it is nothing (see, the Nebraska game, the screen pass against PSU, or really any time he has touched the ball the last two years).

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous. There at least three OLs that are indisputably better than us (TAMU, Alabama, and Oregon). And at least 10-15 other teams have a solid case. Backs can be good in college without the skills transferring to the NFL. Maybe you need to be able to run a 4.45 40 in the NFL, but if you can go 52 games in college without it biting you in your ass, then it means you are a good running back. Period.

And when you say Gordon has no moves, you sound like you have never seen a Badger game before. He makes people miss in open space like it is nothing (see, the Nebraska game, the screen pass against PSU, or really any time he has touched the ball the last two years).

I could be wrong but I thought I sensed some sarcasm in there.

Edit: from Great Dayne

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that "top" o-line is going against one of the top if not THE BEST D- Lines in the nation.

Buddy Let's Go!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin RB's are good, I wouldn't go exceptional though. Let's not pretend they are Gurley, DAT or Kadeem Carey good, because they just aren't. And I was merely talking about your team as a whole. Sorry I want to wait until you don't play a high school team to judge how good you are.

Melvin Gordon against Nebraska= 9 carries, 216 yards
Todd Gurley against Nebraska= 23 carries, 125 yards

You can live in subjective-land all you want, but when it comes to actual performance, nothing validates your conclusion. Todd Gurley's only advantage over Melvin Gordon is playing time. And Todd Gurley wouldn't have started over Montee Ball (NCAA career rushing TD leader, 2nd round pick) either.

If at the end of the year, the numbers back you up, go ahead and laugh at me. But right now they don't. And you can talk in conclusions all you want, but those conclusions are meritless until you have numbers to back them up.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we got Westerman Eligible this year. Next Year ASU will have the best O line once Casey Tucker commits.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW:

Book USC as a win for ASU.. LMAO

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can live in subjective-land all you want, but when it comes to actual performance, nothing validates your conclusion. Todd Gurley's only advantage over Melvin Gordon is playing time. And Todd Gurley wouldn't have started over Montee Ball (NCAA career rushing TD leader, 2nd round pick) either.

If at the end of the year, the numbers back you up, go ahead and laugh at me. But right now they don't. And you can talk in conclusions all you want, but those conclusions are meritless until you have numbers to back them up.

Carey led the nation in rushing last year and could do it again this year even with him being suspended a game :yahoo:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the 3 I mentioned are 1st round picks, I'll have that to back me up. They are just more talented. I mean Montee Ball had one of the best college careers ever and wasn't even selected in the first round. Gurley is hands down the best RB in college football right now. And sorry one game doesn't really do much for me.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey led the nation in rushing last year and could do it again this year even with him being suspended a game :yahoo:

I like Carey and i've called him the best back in America in other threads. I'd still take our three backs over him.

Anyways, I am damn excited for next week. I think ASU in the heat at night will be a huge test, probably our second toughest in the year. We'll find out if our team and our coach are as good as I think they are.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster Grice and Lewis would be the #2 #3 and #4 receivers on Wisconsin.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eubank #5 :yahoo:

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey isn't 1st round.. Too much baggage IMO

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjwYycQEMY4]Marion Grice Highlights ASU 2012.Most Versatile Back In NCAAFootball 2013 - YouTube[/ame]