• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winter Recruiting Big Board (Offense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's winter time and Nebraska is preparing for a bowl game it didn't earn but is trying to earn some recruits along the way. Nebraska currently stands at 16 commits and will like take anywhere between 22-25 guys in the 2016 class. What follows is the big board that I see happening on the recruiting trail right now.

Offense

QB: Nebraska has their QB in POB and they are not looking for a second.

RB
Kingston Davis (3-Star) - The big bodied back (6'1" 225 lbs) from Prattville, Alabama is currently committed to Michigan but Nebraska has been trying to woo him for a while. He's recently said he is 70% committed to Michigan which leaves the door open for Nebraska. He is like a FB replacement for Janovich more than an outright RB.

Brandon Simmons (3-Star) - Simmons is the back-up plan to Davis. Nebraska obviously wants a FB in this class and Simmons had a strong senior season for Pleasant Grove, Alabama rushing for almost 2,000 yards as a senior this season. He stands at the same height and weight as Davis as well.

WR
Desmond Fitzpatrick (4-Star) - Fitzpatrick visited Nebraska for the MSU game and came away thoroughly impressed, shortly thereafter he decommitted from Louisville but as of yet he has not committed to Nebraska. Nebraska seems to be the front runner but he has been taking his time. Since he backed off of his commitment to Louisville Washington State and Arizona State have thrown their hats into the ring as well as Indiana.

Zach Farrar (3-Star) - Farrar is an underrated big bodied WR out of Southlake, Texas and Nebraska would really like him to consider the Huskers. currently Farrar looks like an Oklahoma State or Washington lean but Nebraska has made some significant headway here. If coach Williams can get him to visit at some point this winter all bets are off. Farrar had an explosive senior campaign and only has seen his stock rise on the recruiting trail.

others of note: Diondre Overton, Freddie Pinder, Darian Owens

TE
Tony Poljan (3-Star) - Poljan recently decommitted from Minnesota after Claeys fired the Gophers' offensive coordinator. Poljan is a big bodied athlete (6'7" 235 lbs) from Michigan. He played QB in a zone-read style offense this season and plays basketball as well. He has the athleticism and the size for a mismatching and physical TE. Nebraska jumped in with an offer right away and are currently trying to figure out a time for him to get onto campus, when they do, he's probably a lock.

Noah Fant (3-Star) - Fant is currently an Iowa commit but has been waivering a bit of late. There's pressure from the outside to reconsider Nebraska and now that the Husker coaching staff has switched to recruiting Fant sa a TE instead of a DE he seems more open to listening. Fant is lower on the board than Poljan anyway, but it's something to keep an eye on.

OT
Matt Farniok (4-Star) - A Big Board recruiting list would not be complete without Matt Farniok's name on it. Nebraska has been recruiting the stud OT for longer than any other prospect and they are hosting him this weekend on his official visit. Farniok visited for the Iowa game and seems to be down to Nebraska and Iowa. Could it be telling that he's taking a visit to Nebraska during the same weekend his other finalist is playing in a B1G Title game? I don't know, but I do know this will be something like his 8th visit. Farniok likely announces his commitment at the Army-All America game.

Nathan Smith (4-Star) - Nathan Smith is an old name that has been off the board for a while but given Sarkisian's firing from USC Nebraska jumped back into the mix. Smith visited Nebraska for the Iowa game and came away floored saying he needed to talk things over with his parents. However, shortly after that USC announced the hiring of interim HC Helton to full time head coach which may be enough to solidify Smith's commitment to the Trojans.

Royce Newman (4-Star) - Newman is a similar situation as Smith as he has been committed to Missouri and Nebraska reached out to him. Missouri just announced that their DC will be the new Head Coach which COULD keep Newman there, however, he still has his eyes set on an official visit to Nebraska next weekend.

Alaric Jackson (3-Star) - Jackson has long been on Nebraska's radar but may have resurfaced. He has yet to visit but some crystal ball movement on 247Sports seems to indicate Nebraska is making some major headway in his recruitment.

Sean Foster (4-Star) - The Tackle from Illinois recently decommitted from Minnesota as well. Iowa State has jumped in and Nebraska has kicked the tires as well, however, Foster seems to be underneath Newman and Jackson on the Big board at this point. Nebraska will take two OTs in this class and chances are both of them are from this list.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as it was to get him on campus, we have next to no chance of getting Smith. Said he didn't like the cold, and when it comes to trying to woo him away from USC, that doesn't bode well for us at all.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as it was to get him on campus, we have next to no chance of getting Smith. Said he didn't like the cold, and when it comes to trying to woo him away from USC, that doesn't bode well for us at all.

You're definitely correct there, chances are slim to none... if I were a betting man I would say we end up with Farniok and Newman or Jackson

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just stupid, Brown didn't fair well ...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm just missing who Brown or Brown's are...
Mike and Ralph DB's one from CA other from AZ, not to confused with the kickers Brown. On the topic of kids from that area not wanting to play in the cold

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike and Ralph DB's one from CA other from AZ, not to confused with the kickers Brown. On the topic of kids from that area not wanting to play in the cold
Ahh got it. I thought that might be what you were going for. My thoughts are if a kid doesn't want to play in the cold, that's his deal and we don't need him. Good luck making it to the next level. Hope you don't get drafted by the Packers.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh got it. I thought that might be what you were going for. My thoughts are if a kid doesn't want to play in the cold, that's his deal and we don't need him. Good luck making it to the next level. Hope you don't get drafted by the Packers.
Correct, even if you get drafted by a Miami or San Diego the still play those pesky road games in NY Boston Denver Chicago ....