• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson vs Kaep

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there are a lot of elements that go into Kaepernick's struggles and it's just not one single thing that's the cause.

One is Kaepernick himself. He just needs to execute better, play with poise, and trust the guys around him more. As far as the one read goes it doesn't concern me at the moment because he's still a young QB going through growing pains. It's irresponsible to think he was going to go through progressions and read defense like Peyton Manning when he has just over a season's worth of games under his belt.

I dont think that anyone has the expectations of him to read a defense like Peyton. But I look around at most of the other promising young QBs and they are much farther than him at this point in their careers in the ability to look around and recognize what a defense is giving you. I know that he's only had 20 starts or something close to that, but it's his third year and it looks like he's regressed in this area and his peers have almost all improved.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was good, this team needs a better passing attack game plan and many 49er posters will not be sorry to see Roman go.

That's been the feeling about Bevell around here in recent weeks too. I think it's just easier to scapegoat a coordinator when things aren't going well and they're certainly responsible for adjusting to the personnel they have, so it's not totally irrational to blame the coordinator, but in the case of both Roman and Bevell, we've seen that they're plenty capable of coming up with gameplans that produce 30 points a game. It can't just be that they've suddenly forgotten how to formulate a good gameplan. Sometimes the coordinator doesn't do a good enough job of adjusting, sometimes the players don't do a good enough job of executing, sometimes injuries are a bigger issue than first thought and sometimes the opposing team just out-coaches/out-plays you. I really just find it hard to believe that a coordinator capable of doing what both of these guys have done in the recent past suddenly can't do it anymore and that that's the only reason for a team's struggles.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case no one has seen this, really enjoyed Wilson's tone throughout the game

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there are a lot of elements that go into Kaepernick's struggles and it's just not one single thing that's the cause.

One is Kaepernick himself. He just needs to execute better, play with poise, and trust the guys around him more. As far as the one read goes it doesn't concern me at the moment because he's still a young QB going through growing pains. It's irresponsible to think he was going to go through progressions and read defense like Peyton Manning when he has just over a season's worth of games under his belt.

The other big one I look at is the OC Greg Roman. It's becoming obvious why he was just the run game coordinator at Standford and it's because he's a brilliant mind when it comes to the running game but the passing game he's built and calls is very vanilla and just plain not good. Kaepernick is being called a "One Read QB" but that's the same exact thing they said about Alex Smith and his resurgence under the same system. So that begs the question of how much is it on the QB and how much is it on the system being built around one read.

The other element I look at is aside from Davis everyone around him has pretty much been new or in the cases of Kyle Williams and Manningham had very limited reps with. We saw the great Tom Brady struggle early this season when surrounded with almost an entirely new cast of guys so trust and throwing guys opens comes with experience with them.

Clearly there is no doubt Wilson is better right now but it's way too early to hit the panic button on Kap and if we're still calling Kap a "One Read QB" in 2015 there will be some serious cause for concern.

The NFCW has 3 of the worst OC's I've witnessed in my year's of watching ball.

I think Bevell absolutely stinks, though he made a few good calls last week, but he should. The guy has all week to prepare and constructing a game plan is not as difficult as many fans want to believe.

This year Roman is just as lousy and anyone can call running plays, they're simple. It's the complexity of the passing game is where these guys make their money.

How on GOD's green earth can both the Hawks and 9er's avoid using the most fundamental and very effective pass play in the playbook? Bill Walsh is looking down and shaking his head. As you know, he was a master at the screen game and reason I love it and know it's effectiveness, Bill Walsh.

Have these two clowns ever heard of the screen game? I've been yelling about this since week 1 when we were facing a badass front 7 in Carolina. More Hawk OL injuries and it's now become more paramount. But no, dumbf*ck Bevell calls long developing pocket plays or empty backfields deep in our territory so he can get our franchise QB killed. I could go on and on about his formations at differing areas of the field. Bevell can't seem to pull his head out of his a$$ to know that you run certain plays from differing formations at differing points on the field.

Roman and Bevell must party together and share their laminated play sheet because Roman has never heard of the screen game. It's sad and I wonder wtf he's doing when I watch your squad. Gore has 10 screens so far? :laugh3: SF has less than 30 and the Hawks in 10 games just passed the 30 mark.
With Boldin, you need to run more mis-direction screens to Manningham with Iupati pulling and Boldin taking out the cb. (It should've been KWill before he got axed). I could go on and on about what I've seen from your clown. Roman letters transposed in a few areas almost makes Moron.

Then you watch the N.O. Saints and they are just a well oiled machine from a play calling perspective. Payton and Carmichael know exactly how to have and move formations around to get just the mis-matches they want. Sure, they have Brees, but it's what they align. I get jealous watching them run plays and set the opposing D's up for failure.

New Orleans has had 100 screen passes in 9 games, 100. They mix and match Pierre Thomas and DSproles and move them all over the formation. I don't care if the D knows it's coming, they run route combinations to open it up as a safety valve or it's the main read. It's a bread and butter play and not difficult to implement and execute.

My guy, Christine Michael can't sniff the field because he can't block a blitz. Who gives a rats @$$? Get him into running a simple screen or move him in motion in Combo with Lynch in the backfield. Ever see Darren Sproles, Bevell and even PC on that one. He's dynamite trapped in a tin can.

Between Bevell and Roman, there is a negative degree of creativity and it truly is a joke. People act like it's always easy to blame the coordinators, but how can some lawn jockeys on a message board create a better game plan than highly paid OC's?

Yes, I'm rambling but I feel your fan bases pain. In 10 games, I've seen 4 or 5 good quarters of play calling from Bevell and ?? on Roman.

I'd like to wish you good luck on Sunday, jik , but frankly, I hope you get your @$$'s blasted. :whistle:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case no one has seen this, really enjoyed Wilson's tone throughout the game

Great to the point where Simms said "If it was Travaris Jackson they would have still been 11-5". Here's a newsflash, it was Travaris Jackson and we were 7-9. He couldn't even keep the starting job.

Last edited by a moderator: