• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson vs Kaep

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep went 5-2 as a starter in the regular season last year
Kaep went 2-1 in the playoffs last year
Kaep is now 6-3 this year.
Next week will only be his 20th game. It was foolish for people to on his jock coming into this year and its just as foolish to think the kid is trash now. The niners are doing just fine with him but he still has a lot of growing to do. Maybe once he gets as much experience as Wilson under his belt, he won't suck so much.

Kaep has one of if not the best o-Line in front of him and a very good back with one of the best TE in Receiving in the NFL even with average WR's he should not be failing like he is if he was above average.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge debate on the 49ers board about Kaepernick right now, with many people disturbed by his play against Carolina, especially in light of Dilfer's comments that he is basically a one read qb. Now Dilfer also said Seattle was an average team, so he is often over the top. I think it's hard to say frankly if he really is a one read qb unless you have the coaches film and you see what targets were available and whether he had time to throw. The 49ers offensive line is great for run, not so great in pass protection. THere's also been criticism that lately while the 49er running game is very creative, the passing offensive game plans are terrible, no screens, no other way to get receivers open. Add to that the 49ers top receiver is 900 years old and slow and the top downfield threat is the tight end and it's difficult. I will say this: he often seems to run too often this year, he has made bad decisions about running or throwing (in the Seattle game Kyle Williams was open frequently and he just never threw to him), and he is not playing as well as anyone had hoped. He has had two training camps and a number of games to figure this out and he hasn't. IF it is true that he is one read qb he will never be elite despite his awesome physical gifts. I think Russell Wilson has had his issues this year as well, but he's made plays and Kaepernick hasn't with the game on the line. Do I think it's possible that either he can figure it out or that he is not a one read qb and it's due to other issues? Yes, but the clock is ticking.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge debate on the 49ers board about Kaepernick right now, with many people disturbed by his play against Carolina, especially in light of Dilfer's comments that he is basically a one read qb. Now Dilfer also said Seattle was an average team, so he is often over the top. I think it's hard to say frankly if he really is a one read qb unless you have the coaches film and you see what targets were available and whether he had time to throw. The 49ers offensive line is great for run, not so great in pass protection. THere's also been criticism that lately while the 49er running game is very creative, the passing offensive game plans are terrible, no screens, no other way to get receivers open. Add to that the 49ers top receiver is 900 years old and slow and the top downfield threat is the tight end and it's difficult. I will say this: he often seems to run too often this year, he has made bad decisions about running or throwing (in the Seattle game Kyle Williams was open frequently and he just never threw to him), and he is not playing as well as anyone had hoped. He has had two training camps and a number of games to figure this out and he hasn't. IF it is true that he is one read qb he will never be elite despite his awesome physical gifts. I think Russell Wilson has had his issues this year as well, but he's made plays and Kaepernick hasn't with the game on the line. Do I think it's possible that either he can figure it out or that he is not a one read qb and it's due to other issues? Yes, but the clock is ticking.

I think this is a decent view of Kaep. I also am glad to see the view of Boldin has come back down to earth since the coup of getting him for so little and how incredible he was going to be even without Crabs. I will say that once Crabs is back and VD is healthy again, Boldin becomes a much bigger threat, but since there are only 2 legit receiving targets, it makes it easier to defend.

P.S. Did you like the card I got you?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a decent view of Kaep. I also am glad to see the view of Boldin has come back down to earth since the coup of getting him for so little and how incredible he was going to be even without Crabs. I will say that once Crabs is back and VD is healthy again, Boldin becomes a much bigger threat, but since there are only 2 legit receiving targets, it makes it easier to defend.

P.S. Did you like the card I got you?

What card? And I agree about Boldin. The other thing about Kaepernick is that he didn't come from a pro style offense in college, it may take him a little longer. But after taking part in the whole debate on the 49er board, reading other columns out of the bay area about him after this game, I think that the one read decision stuff is a real possible diagnosis, but it may be all the other factors instead or in addition too. I think if you guys were to go on the 49er board you would have a different view of their fans, we can be a pretty critical bunch -- born out of the expectation of success ---, the threads are rarely "look how great we are" no matter what the situation.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What card? And I agree about Boldin. The other thing about Kaepernick is that he didn't come from a pro style offense in college, it may take him a little longer. But after taking part in the whole debate on the 49er board, reading other columns out of the bay area about him after this game, I think that the one read decision stuff is a real possible diagnosis, but it may be all the other factors instead or in addition too. I think if you guys were to go on the 49er board you would have a different view of their fans, we can be a pretty critical bunch -- born out of the expectation of success ---, the threads are rarely "look how great we are" no matter what the situation.

Smack Talk thread

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dilfer makes crazy comments sometimes… I wouldn't put any stock in his opinion… I think Kaep is just not reacting to the pressure well when good pass rushing teams get in his face… I think the 49rs O-line kept him so protected last year and most of this year he just isn't handling pressure well right now… This doesn't mean he can't adjust and work on it … time will tell..

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the Panthers who have played against both teams - Wilson is the better QB - hands down.
We got good pressure on both and Wilson never looked rattled. Kaep looked totally discombobulated out there.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the title I discount that. Hard to tell who is joking and who is serious. Better indication is to look at the regular topics on the 49er board.

I meant my card is in the smack talk thread. Wow, that loss really has you flummoxed.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:
I meant my card is in the smack talk thread. Wow, that loss really has you flummoxed.

Flummoxed is a great word, I like gobsmacked too. By the way, it's a complicated issue, Pete Prisco had a tweet from the coaches film that showed two Carolina defenders closing in on Kaep and the receivers were just sprinting away downfield, no one was looking back. He also said that a couple of times there were open receivers in the middle that Kaep missed. I don't think that it's fair to pin everything on Kaep unless we see the film that shows whether he was getting help from his receivers etc.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

Flummoxed is a great word, I like gobsmacked too. By the way, it's a complicated issue, Pete Prisco had a tweet from the coaches film that showed two Carolina defenders closing in on Kaep and the receivers were just sprinting away downfield, no one was looking back. He also said that a couple of times there were open receivers in the middle that Kaep missed. I don't think that it's fair to pin everything on Kaep unless we see the film that shows whether he was getting help from his receivers etc.

That's the thing. These guys have game film at all sorts of different angles that we won't see so they know a hell of a lot better what went wrong with each individual play. But he's just not playing well right now. With all the injuries you guys are facing it might be a good idea to show the pistol a lot more than you have recently. I wouldn't like our chances against them at 100% playing in NO because that offense is next to unstoppable at home. Why not roll the dice? I don't see you guys winning unless you put up at least 28 points.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as far as the topic goes, I don't think it's really worth arguing right now. Wilson's obviously the better QB at this point and did a better job of playing through adversity than Kaep is right now. Who cares though. All of these QB's have a way to go before they can be compared with guys like Brees, Rodgers, and Manning.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha... Man, its so much better here than ESPN... I enjoy 49ers fans now, before, l was convinced you were pretty much all dicks.

Thanks for the chuckle, lol...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Wilson came out of College more ready for the NFL but he also handles pressure a lot better. The "big" moments don't phase him and he is always the steady beam not matter whats going on. Down 21 or up 21 he is the same on the field. Russell has had to work very hard to be as good as he is where as Kaep was so athletic he did not need to grow as fast and could rely on his athleticism for far longer.

I was one of those people that hoped the Hawks would Draft Kaep well before the draft started. When he went to the 49ers i was not happy. In Time i believe Kaep will get past his one read then run tendency when he learns how to read more efficiently and keeps his eyes down the field longer. Right now i think the best word to describe him is skittish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myself, l think it is that Wilson is comfortable being who he is, and Kaep isn't. One has zero distractions besides work and family, the other seems a bit immature.

Am just hoping the immature one stays that way though, lol.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe there are a lot of elements that go into Kaepernick's struggles and it's just not one single thing that's the cause.

One is Kaepernick himself. He just needs to execute better, play with poise, and trust the guys around him more. As far as the one read goes it doesn't concern me at the moment because he's still a young QB going through growing pains. It's irresponsible to think he was going to go through progressions and read defense like Peyton Manning when he has just over a season's worth of games under his belt.

The other big one I look at is the OC Greg Roman. It's becoming obvious why he was just the run game coordinator at Standford and it's because he's a brilliant mind when it comes to the running game but the passing game he's built and calls is very vanilla and just plain not good. Kaepernick is being called a "One Read QB" but that's the same exact thing they said about Alex Smith and his resurgence under the same system. So that begs the question of how much is it on the QB and how much is it on the system being built around one read.

The other element I look at is aside from Davis everyone around him has pretty much been new or in the cases of Kyle Williams and Manningham had very limited reps with. We saw the great Tom Brady struggle early this season when surrounded with almost an entirely new cast of guys so trust and throwing guys opens comes with experience with them.

Clearly there is no doubt Wilson is better right now but it's way too early to hit the panic button on Kap and if we're still calling Kap a "One Read QB" in 2015 there will be some serious cause for concern.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yoss, I am surprised none of the SF fans have figured out why it appears you team has issues. Merely, it is Greg Roman continuing to dumb down the playbook so opposing DC's wont get any insight into SF's spectacular offensive plays thereby giving SF a huge advantage when the playoffs happen.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoss, I am surprised none of the SF fans have figured out why it appears you team has issues. Merely, it is Greg Roman continuing to dumb down the playbook so opposing DC's wont get any insight into SF's spectacular offensive plays thereby giving SF a huge advantage when the playoffs happen.

That was good, this team needs a better passing attack game plan and many 49er posters will not be sorry to see Roman go.