• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson the "Game Manager"

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the offensive juggernaut of Jordy Nelson and Randle Cobb are going to destroy this league with 100+ yds each, every week? You guys covered Finley pretty well and let Jordy and Randle attempt to beat you. They almost did, at your house. I am sure that feels real good. Your awesome Defense gave up 380 yards, at home. Enjoy!

Yup, I'm saying the collection of Jones, Nelson, Cobb, and Finley has BEEN extremely tough for some time now, with Aaron Rodgers manning the controls. Are you telling me that GB isn't good?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always going to be someone who won't be able to shake "game manager" from their vocabulary when it comes to Wilson because the Seahawks are a run-first team by design and he isn't being asked to sling the ball 35-50 times every week like the "gunslingers" that everybody drools over (which isn't to say that those players aren't deserving of the praise they get) are. He's proved himself capable of putting up big passing stats when necessary, but with a usually impressive running game and a stout defense to work with, it's not often necessary, which unfortunately carries with it this ridiculous idea that all he does is "manage the game". The bottom line is that he wins. If people want to call him a "game manager", that's fine, but at this rate, they're not going to be able to avoid calling him a winner without looking ridiculous for much longer.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Wilson continues to win games people can call him whatever they want.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I'm saying the collection of Jones, Nelson, Cobb, and Finley has BEEN extremely tough for some time now, with Aaron Rodgers manning the controls. Are you telling me that GB isn't good?

They are decent, nothing special, but what I am really telling you is you better get used to your dbs getting a workout.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this league, you should be happy with any win you can get, so let's not get into a pissing contest over whose win was better. It all counts the same in the record books. We'll find out which team is better in this early part of the seasons in less than a week.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like the 49er fans are slowly trying to turn this board into another ESPN board. They simply can't stay off of it and keep trolling it all day long.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are decent, nothing special, but what I am really telling you is you better get used to your dbs getting a workout.

They are decent, nothing special? :laugh3:

Apparently you haven't been watching football outside of SEA the last 5+ years or so? GB typically has one of the best passing attacks in the league year in, year out. Is there work to be done in our secondary? Probably so. Do I use GB as a litmus test as to how we will fair the rest of the season? No. That would be like me saying that your team's offense will suck the rest of the season because they only scored 12 vs. CAR.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like the 49er fans are slowly trying to turn this board into another ESPN board. They simply can't stay off of it and keep trolling it all day long.

If arguments are made that are inaccurate, yes, Niner fans may argue the counterpoint. That is a far cry from the stupidity that was the ESPN boards.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this league, you should be happy with any win you can get, so let's not get into a pissing contest over whose win was better. It all counts the same in the record books. We'll find out which team is better in this early part of the seasons in less than a week.

I agree except the last statement. We will know who is better at the end of the season. One game won't dictate that, it will just provide bragging rights until the next encounter.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, to be fair to them, there's been some blatant troll bait threads on here too. I really wish people would quit talking about San Francisco on this board when the two teams aren't playing each other. It's like putting a "Kick Me" sign on your own back and then getting angry when somebody kicks you. If folks are gonna talk about San Francisco on this board, then they're going to hear from 49er fans on this board. The less we talk about them here, the less we probably see them. I get that this is a rivalry and that smack talk is part of that, but you can't post the kinds of things about the 49ers that I've seen posted here and not expect their fans to take issue with it. If we want them to "get off our board", then we have to stop doing things that make them want to come here so often.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT!

I hope people drop that BS sooner or later, he put the team on his back and carried them to a victory when everything else was not working.

Who has ever called Russell Wilson a game manager? Seriously I have never seen anyone imply anything like that.

I don't think anyone thinks he is a game manager.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree except the last statement. We will know who is better at the end of the season. One game won't dictate that, it will just provide bragging rights until the next encounter.

I just meant that we'll find out which team is better so far after this game ends. I kind of mangled that point with how I put it. I do that more than I would like.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has ever called Russell Wilson a game manager? Seriously I have never seen anyone imply anything like that.

I don't think anyone thinks he is a game manager.

You didn't read a whole lot of press last year, did you? They didn't always come out and say those exact words, but they implied it by making a big deal about his height.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you throw the ball 10+ more times per game because of a lack of a rushing attack, it makes #2 type wideouts look better than they are. Would you say the Hawks or Niners receivers were a super talented group last season? No, me either, but they both out averaged the Packers group in yds/attempt and yds/completion. Decent groups, but not what I would consider an amazing aerial attack. SF and Sea were dead last in pass attempts last season, yet more efficient in passing yards then 90% of the teams.

btw, guess what other team was also very efficient throwing the ball last season. Carolina. We just held them to 130 yards and 1 TD on their home turf w/out 4 of our starting defensive players. Hopefully two of them will be back on Sunday.