• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson the "Game Manager"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT!

I hope people drop that BS sooner or later, he put the team on his back and carried them to a victory when everything else was not working. The Run Game was stuck in mud the run blocking was crap and the pass blocking ... did they pass block? because it did not look like it to me lol. Russ got CREAMED back there only to dust himself off and keep making plays. The thing about it is you always see these QB's that seem to pull a rabbit out of their ass and they do it all the time in their career. Us Seahawks fans have never had the pleasure to have a QB like that on our home team, Now we do. Russell Wilson is special in ways you can't explain by stats. He makes Magic happen. No QB in our Division or the NFC for that matter does what he does.

He just makes Magic happen. Sooner or later everyone will 3elieve the magic. :yahoo:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were three or four plays that made my jaw drop, where it looked like the play was dead in the water and he seemingly threw it away only to be a perfect strike to a WR that was double or triple covered.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Lucky AND Good every day of the week and twice on Sunday over just good lol.

Skip Bayless must be pissed right now. Russell did everything that Skip said he couldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to talk QB and forget the rest of the team. Shermann slammed the door on the Panther drive by forcing a fumble that could have won the game for them. With a tough D like Carolina has built this year they still wear down by the 4th and an offense can find cracks to exploit. Seattle's D was also losing some traction by the 4th.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad other people noticed because I heard a lot of people say he had a terrible game. I think he could have played better at times but he was given absolutely nothing to work with. The fact that he spread the ball around to guys like Kearse, Baldwin and even Coleman had a couple of big catches. He did what he could to win this game. I cant remember a game where he got battered as much as he did. Their Dline owned the Oline and he hung in there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to talk QB and forget the rest of the team. Shermann slammed the door on the Panther drive by forcing a fumble that could have won the game for them. With a tough D like Carolina has built this year they still wear down by the 4th and an offense can find cracks to exploit. Seattle's D was also losing some traction by the 4th.

Why must we act like the Seahawks keep getting lucky in the redzone on defense? They're built to be that way.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am glad to see i was not the only one that noticed it was Sherman that forced the fumble not Thomas. It was Sherman targeting the ball that knocked it loose, it was Just that Thomas hit him when it came out. Sherman was the one that knocked it loose and it would have came out with out Thomas's hit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should add that it might not have been called a fumble though had Thomas not hit him because it most likely wouldn't have came out till he hit the ground. It was a nice double team type play by Sherman and Thomas.

As for the Panthers D wearing down, i think it had more to do with Seattle Waking up. It was more of the same with these stupid 10am games for West Coast teams.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson came out and threw for 300+ yards & 1TD. The defense allowed all of 7 points, and we won the turnover battle. This is a recipe for success, and to do it against an underrated team like Carolina was a great victory. We all know that the offense is capable of a high scoring output, but on the road in the conditions that typically prove fatal we were able to get the win. I'll take it!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think everyone is forgetting how good Carolina's defense is. They were top 10 last year, are healthy again (think Beason was out last year? Who is a beast), and have a stud DT now in Star.

Johnson/Hardy = Both 10+ sack machines.
Star L = BEAST. Was a beast in the Seattle game and all of preseason/camp
Decent DT Depth (Short, etc)
Keuchley = Top 3 ILB atm
Davis = 100+ tackled OLB
Beason = When healthy he was a top 15 or so LB, over 100+ tackler

Do you have any idea how hard it is to run when 3 of your linebackers all record of 100 tackles and your interior D-Line is beefed up? Whatever.

I wasn't exactly impressed by the 49ers either. Letting the Packers put up points at will, nearly losing at home, and requiring a near push off from Boldin to win it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think everyone is forgetting how good Carolina's defense is. They were top 10 last year, are healthy again (think Beason was out last year? Who is a beast), and have a stud DT now in Star.

Johnson/Hardy = Both 10+ sack machines.
Star L = BEAST. Was a beast in the Seattle game and all of preseason/camp
Decent DT Depth (Short, etc)
Keuchley = Top 3 ILB atm
Davis = 100+ tackled OLB
Beason = When healthy he was a top 15 or so LB, over 100+ tackler

Do you have any idea how hard it is to run when 3 of your linebackers all record of 100 tackles and your interior D-Line is beefed up? Whatever.

I wasn't exactly impressed by the 49ers either. Letting the Packers put up points at will, nearly losing at home, and requiring a near push off from Boldin to win it.

You forgot about the missed call giving the 49ers once again an extra down that they turned into 7 points.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about the missed call giving the 49ers once again an extra down that they turned into 7 points.

Really? C'mon now. They scored immediately after, the extra down was never used. Secondly, if you want to nitpick, Clay Matthews should have had TWO penalties on the play, first for the late hit, second for throwing the first two punches in the scuffle afterwards, which coupled with Staley's penalty would have been 1st and goal at the 2 yd line, with Staley and one of Clay's penalties off-setting.

If you want to continue to undersell and discount the Niners in order to feel better about this week, feel free to do so. But it doesn't take away from the fact that this game will be close, will be a dogfight, and will be a physical showdown.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? C'mon now. They scored immediately after, the extra down was never used. Secondly, if you want to nitpick, Clay Matthews should have had TWO penalties on the play, first for the late hit, second for throwing the first two punches in the scuffle afterwards, which coupled with Staley's penalty would have been 1st and goal at the 2 yd line, with Staley and one of Clay's penalties off-setting.

If you want to continue to undersell and discount the Niners in order to feel better about this week, feel free to do so. But it doesn't take away from the fact that this game will be close, will be a dogfight, and will be a physical showdown.

It would have been 4th down, the extra down WAS used for 7 points. LMAO:laugh3:

i do not need to sell the 49ers short they had a shit ton of points scored on them AT HOME where Seattle only gave up 7 on the ROAD at 10am. I feel extremely happy with the Hawks play for the 1st game of the year and looking at the Hawks History in first games of a season on the road at 10am.

Last edited by a moderator:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a game manager. He just looked pretty bad in the 1st half

1. He was taking like 5 step drops from the shotgun. Didn't understand that
2. Carolina was all over that double reverse pivot and we had some huge losses because of it
3. He wasn't working the middle of the field
4. He was inaccurate in the first half which is absolutely no big deal because he's an accurate passer with a strong arm. He was just a little off to open up.

Then they made the 2nd half adjustments and he started playing to his potential.

But it is real tough to tell how the qb is doing with the views we have. I watch other games and see QB's hitting WR's with a couple of steps and some open space. Don't remember the last time I saw that from our guys. Seems like our guys are good at going up with guys on them and high pointing it, which works because Wilson is so accurate. We really need Harvin in a big way. Can't wait to see him on the field.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree with you. First of all the Packers coach should not have accepted the false start penalty. It would have been 4th and 1. Second, Matthews penalty was idiotic and he maybe should have been tossed for throwing a punch, I couldn't see well enough to know for sure.

Most importantly, I hate all these threads about 49ers performance. If I want to talk about them I will go to their board. The only times they should come up is when we play them or if we are mentioning standings. I really don't care to analyze their performance or try to discredit them. They are a great team and that's what makes this rivalry fun. Now we are gonna have a bunch of 9ers trolls that come annoy us and say you started it.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been 4th down, the extra down WAS used for 7 points. LMAO:laugh3:

i do not need to sell the 49ers short they had a shit ton of points scored on them AT HOME where Seattle only gave up 7 on the ROAD at 10am. I feel extremely happy with the Hawks play for the 1st game of the year and looking at the Hawks History in first games of a season on the road at 10am.

Let's completely discount GB as one of the premiere offensive teams in the league in order to make the Hawks look so impressive in scoring 12 pts and only giving up 7 to the vaunted CAR offense.

I am glad you like what your team did in week one. Niner fans feel the same about our team. Should be a great matchup.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's completely discount GB as one of the premiere offensive teams in the league in order to make the Hawks look so impressive in scoring 12 pts and only giving up 7 to the vaunted CAR offense.

I am glad you like what your team did in week one. Niner fans feel the same about our team. Should be a great matchup.

If you don't like how we discuss your team, don't bother coming on our board!

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:cheer2::cheer2: You still haven't figured out why your Suhsyourbuttbuddies peanut butter boy? Really?

I'm not so sure why you're so impressed with your W. Like most fans, there's a 9er over reaction on the aspects of your W and not enough attention paid to what you need to improve on.

That's typical but pay attention to deep9er posts. That is the only fan that keeps it real and doesn't over react. He's knowledgable and doesn't have pink pom poms and suhsyourbuttbuddy in his closet.

Sunday night will be raucous. Kaep better have his hand signals down and not lock into Boldin all night. We aren't falling for the banana in the tail pipe.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:cheer2::cheer2: You still haven't figured out why your Suhsyourbuttbuddies peanut butter boy? Really?

I'm not so sure why you're so impressed with your W. Like most fans, there's a 9er over reaction on the aspects of your W and not enough attention paid to what you need to improve on.

That's typical but pay attention to deep9er posts. That is the only fan that keeps it real and doesn't over react. He's knowledgable and doesn't have pink pom poms and suhsyourbuttbuddy in his closet.

Sunday night will be raucous. Kaep better have his hand signals down and not lock into Boldin all night. We aren't falling for the banana in the tail pipe.

Ahh, an improvement. Instead of your overused BJ emoji, you decide to make a "subtle" BJ reference with PB and use your increasingly (at least to you) popular cheerleading emoji. Way to attempt to step your game up Junior, now if you can actually discuss without the stupidity and childish name-calling, I may actually be able to take you seriously.

And why shouldn't I be happy with a win? We beat a PLAYOFF team that has one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL. Beat GB through the air? Yup. That wouldn't have happened two years ago at all. Maybe not even last season opener. Turnovers? None. Mistakes made? Yes. Still a win against a quality opponent? Yup.

The fact that you list deep as your reference to posts is comical. Ask the Niner board regs what they think of deep's cryptic, non-committal, dodge the crux of the issue completely by finishing sentences with ? way of posting. You don't have the depth of knowledge of posters on our board to be telling me who I should be paying attention to.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying the offensive juggernaut of Jordy Nelson and Randle Cobb are going to destroy this league with 100+ yds each, every week? You guys covered Finley pretty well and let Jordy and Randle attempt to beat you. They almost did, at your house. I am sure that feels real good. Your awesome Defense gave up 380 yards, at home. Enjoy!