• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson Practiced Today...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting thing that I took from that article has nothing to do with Wilson, although it's great to hear that he'll be a full go on Sunday, even if that was never really something I doubted. It says in the article that Rawls is going to start at running back. Did anyone else think that they'd go with Michael for at least one more week or was there enough there last week that makes this news as unsurprising as the Wilson news?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting thing that I took from that article has nothing to do with Wilson, although it's great to hear that he'll be a full go on Sunday, even if that was never really something I doubted. It says in the article that Rawls is going to start at running back. Did anyone else think that they'd go with Michael for at least one more week or was there enough there last week that makes this news as unsurprising as the Wilson news?

I don't think it much matters. I suspect the work load will continue to be close to 50/50.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it much matters. I suspect the work load will continue to be close to 50/50.

I'm not complaining, I just figured they'd work him in a bit slower than this. It sounds like he's good to go, so I'd love to see him and Michael get the running game going early to keep the pressure, both literally and figuratively, off of Wilson.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to run the ball. Rawls gets his opportunity to shine this week.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from the reports that I read, Wilson not only practiced but there was no indication of his injury at all in his movement. If you didn't know about the injury before, the only reason that you would even question it from his practice is the heavy black tape wrapped on the outside of both ankles.

usa-today-9537437.0.jpg

I am curious if they will wrap his ankles like this (on the outside of the shoes) at game time, or if they will go more traditional with inside wraps. I am also curious if these outside wraps have any effect at all on traction, movement, etc.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...

I'll be surprised if he has 100% FULL mobility.... IMO Bevell should focus on having Wilson hand off or do QUICK short/slant passes.

Seattle was really going HEAVY pass last week which kind of surprised me. Hyde gashed the Rams so Rawls/Michael can certainly do that as well.... and the 49ers offensive line is nothing special, neither are their receivers.

Even without Wilson's mobility there's no reason the Rams should win this game.... The Dolphins are more competent than most think because of their front 7... and Tannenhill is FAR better than f'ing Keenum.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell has not shown the ability to game plan around a deficiency, he basically does the same thing no matter what.

For instance, making wilson drop back AFTER the ankle injury

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell has not shown the ability to game plan around a deficiency, he basically does the same thing no matter what.

If a tree falls in a forest, can it be anything other than Bevell's fault?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a tree falls in a forest, can it be anything other than Bevell's fault?

On the politics forum, replace Bevel with Obama. Either way, a very deep question, my friend.
:suds:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, from ankle injury until the final drive - we only ran the ball 67% of the time - way too many passes. No need to keep a defense honest - just run 100% of the time and give up winning the game completely - cause competing with anything less than 100% health is useless....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, from ankle injury until the final drive - we only ran the ball 67% of the time - way too many passes. No need to keep a defense honest - just run 100% of the time and give up winning the game completely - cause competing with anything less than 100% health is useless....

Take your annoying facts elsewhere!

/sarcasm

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say anything about passes, however wilson did have a career high attempts. I did question making wilson drop back on a bad ankle, which directly led to a turnover.

Thats a legit criticism, even bevell nut huggers should be able to acknowledge that.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say anything about passes, however wilson did have a career high attempts. I did question making wilson drop back on a bad ankle, which directly led to a turnover.

Thats a legit criticism, even bevell nut huggers should be able to acknowledge that.

The plays called after Wilson's ankle injury were actually very movement limited for Wilson, which is why they went with them. The shotgun plays called at first weren't working - especially since Wilson didn't have the maneuverability to adjust to bad snaps or to run the plays this offense runs out of shotgun formations. So, the offense went with a simpler, less athletically required sets that maximized the run game and limited Wilson's need to move. The plays called were designed to protect Wilson from further movement - and since your hate for Bevell is so great that you cannot even see when he's trying to protect his qb there is no amount of legitimacy to your argument.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the politics forum, replace Bevel with Obama. Either way, a very deep question, my friend.
:suds:
The wind blows hardest at the top of the mountain. Lefties blamed Bush for everything too, so it goes both ways.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fumble came on an attempted pitch to Rawls. Wilson just happened to trip over Glowinski, who was being manhandled and pushed back into him about as quickly as I've ever seen an offensive lineman get pushed into his quarterback. I don't think Wilson was getting away from that whether he had his usual mobility or not. That was just a busted play.

As stoker pointed out, after Wilson got hurt, they did continue to pass the ball, but they had him in shotgun a lot and he didn't move in the pocket or do any rolling out until he was comfortable with the stability of the tape job they did on his ankle. He was even in shotgun for a number of running plays too. Given how infrequently they actually had him drop back to pass (as opposed to passing out of the shotgun), I don't think that you could make the case that their decision to keep passing the ball after the injury led even indirectly to the fumble. You could point to plenty of things from his time here to make the case that Bevell isn't great at his job, and you've done a pretty good job of pointing most of them out, but it's Stretch Armstrong level stuff to say that Bevell's decision to keep throwing the ball after Wilson's injury led directly to that fumble.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wind blows hardest at the top of the mountain. Lefties blamed Bush for everything too, so it goes both ways.

I never thought he was an alien. So there IS that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plays called after Wilson's ankle injury were actually very movement limited for Wilson, which is why they went with them. The shotgun plays called at first weren't working - especially since Wilson didn't have the maneuverability to adjust to bad snaps or to run the plays this offense runs out of shotgun formations. So, the offense went with a simpler, less athletically required sets that maximized the run game and limited Wilson's need to move. The plays called were designed to protect Wilson from further movement - and since your hate for Bevell is so great that you cannot even see when he's trying to protect his qb there is no amount of legitimacy to your argument.

Having your gimpy qb take snaps under center is protecting him?

Ok orwell, ok.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having your gimpy qb take snaps under center is protecting him?

Ok orwell, ok.

I get that you have a hard time understanding football when Bevell's name is involved, so I'll just leave you to your delusions and wish you a good night.