• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the B1G ever recover and be considered great again?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No michigan state didn't get screwed. We might be the better team but we have a worse loss even though it was sketchy at best and not a strong resume. It will be nice to play in a game we have a fair chance of winning.

I disagree. Auburn beat both Bama and UGA by the very seat of their pants. Sorry you feel the way you do as a State fan.

I think MSU can hang with anybody in the country with that outstanding defense. After all that is what the SEC boys would be saying if MSU was in the SEC. :laugh3:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Baylor plays UCF. The Fiesta Bowl seems to always have last pick so the Big 12 team often draws the easiest BCS matchup.

Look at the Big Ten vs SEC matchups... the SEC team has the better record and will be favored in at least 2 of 3:

South Carolina (10-2) vs. Wisconsin (9-3)
LSU (9-3) vs. Iowa (8-4)
Georgia (8-4) vs. Nebraska (8-4)

Oh for fuck's sake do you really think being 10-2 is sooooo much better than 9-3? GMAFB.......

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake do you really think being 10-2 is sooooo much better than 9-3? GMAFB.......

Or you could compromise and be Duke at 10-3. Not much difference for them whether they were 10-2 or 9-3. They still would have played in the ACC CG and got killed and be in the Peach Bowl either way.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now you're just saying the one conference faces tougher teams because they suck more. The B1G is still facing better teams, which is the entire point of this discussion.

So what you're saying is the B1G can't compete against tough competition. Isn't that why everybody says the B1G is such a weak conference? You just confirmed it. Hell, the only loss MSU has came from outside the weak as shit B1G, and that was from an average ND team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is the B1G can't compete against tough competition. Isn't that why everybody says the B1G is such a weak conference? You just confirmed it. Hell, the only loss MSU has came from outside the weak as shit B1G, and that was from an average ND team.

MSU had a different QB starting and there were a lot of questionable pass interference calls that led to 14 of Notre Dame's 17 points.

But hey, Michigan State has the longest current win streak for the B1G. Wooo:yahoo:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many dead in the water programs at the moment.

Ohio State has teabagged the B1G for a decade, with nobody rising to challenge.

Nebraska, Penn State, and Michigan need to get their shit together.

Wisconsin has been decent, but they lose every bowl game and good OOC game they play.

Michigan State is too inconsistent.

The rest of the programs are a lost cause, im afraid.

Wisconsin won the last 3 Big Ten titles before this season. I agree Nebraska, P State and Michigan need to be elite.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU had a different QB starting and there were a lot of questionable pass interference calls that led to 14 of Notre Dame's 17 points.

But hey, Michigan State has the longest current win streak for the B1G. Wooo:yahoo:

I have nothing against MSU. I've got some friends who are State alumni and are good people; I'm glad they get to go the Rose Bowl and cheer their alma mater on. Just tired of excuses from B1G fans about why the conference gets their asses handed to them in bowl season every year (not you, mainly Wiscy and tOSU fans).....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against MSU. I've got some friends who are State alumni and are good people; I'm glad they get to go the Rose Bowl and cheer their alma mater on. Just tired of excuses from B1G fans about why the conference gets their asses handed to them in bowl season every year (not you, mainly Wiscy and tOSU fans).....

Oh I can tell you why we have not done well lately. By and large we haven't been any good.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for grasping the topic of the thread so quick, but I'm confused that you're slapping yourself on the back for doing so. And who says Texas fans are dumb?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help the perception by crying about "having tougher bowl games" than everyone else.

That helps reinforce the argument.
It plays right into the SEC marketing machine. It looks cowardly and excuse making.
Just go out and win.

None of the Big 10 matchups seem like lost causes.
In fact you can argue that the Big 10 got much easier BCS games than other leagues.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're talking an awful big game for a fan whose team got pummeled by BYU. We had the same record in the "weak as shit" B1G as you did in the Big 12. How'd we do against BYU?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking an awful big game for a fan whose team got pummeled by BYU. We had the same record in the "weak as shit" B1G as you did in the Big 12. How'd we do against BYU?

:pop2:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Texas lost four games by at least 20 games this year, and you are going to lecture me about how we "got our asses handed to us." Really?

Ask me how many times our players have lost by 20. I'll give you a hint: It's zero. And we have kids graduating this year who have never even lost by more than 10.

Go take your troll shit elsewhere.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did Oklahoma (we beat) do against Notre Dame who beat your champion? This game is fun! Texas is B1G champion now!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware that the B1G will open a satellite office on the east coast after Maryland and Rutgers join?
That was the original plan before the ACC GOR. Do they still plan on doing so even though their won't be any more east coast expansion? It would be curious to open an office for 2 teams (3 if you want to throw PSU in it).

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How am I talking a big game? It's no secret the media and the rest of the nation agree with me the B1G is the weakest conference in the country. THis isn't breaking news. We played BYU in Provo, where they are tough as hell to beat. Wiscy barely beat BYU in Madison, not that this has anything to do with the B1G sucking as a conference.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Oklahoma (we beat) do against Notre Dame who beat your champion? This game is fun! Texas is B1G champion now!

You mean the same Notre Dame who lost to a team that went 3-5 in the B1G?

I'm not the one talking shit about how your conference is weak. You're the one who is trolling, not me. Nothing suggests that the Big 12 is better than the B1G this year. Nothing suggests you were better last year.

And for all your talk about your big wins, nobody on Texas has won a BCS bowl. Oklahoma's only BCS bowl win in the last nine seasons came against UConn.

And you have the guts to call Wisconsin out for a 3 point loss to #2 TCU, a 7 point loss to #4 Oregon, and a 6 point loss to #8 Stanford? Get the fuck out of here.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee.

Hard to imagine this thread turning into a shit storm.

As to answer the question:

Yes, the Big 10 will have a run of success in the very near future. Maybe as soon as next year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I talking a big game? It's no secret the media and the rest of the nation agree with me the B1G is the weakest conference in the country. THis isn't breaking news. We played BYU in Provo, where they are tough as hell to beat. Wiscy barely beat BYU in Madison, not that this has anything to do with the B1G sucking as a conference.

Wow. We were in the Prevent with 10 minutes left.

If you need to tell yourself that a game where a team is down 17 points before garbage time and never gets within a score is barely winning, go right ahead. I'd try to do that if my team lost by 20 all the time, too.

It's funny that Wisconsin losses by a TD or less are "getting our ass kicked" but Wisconsin wins that would have been by 20+ if not for garbage times are "barely winning." It's pretty pathetic. It's almost as pathetic as trying to justify a 20 point loss to BYU.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same Notre Dame who lost to a team that went 3-5 in the B1G?

I'm not the one talking shit about how your conference is weak. You're the one who is trolling, not me. Nothing suggests that the Big 12 is better than the B1G this year. Nothing suggests you were better last year.

And for all your talk about your big wins, nobody on Texas has won a BCS bowl. Oklahoma's only BCS bowl win in the last nine seasons came against UConn.

And you have the guts to call Wisconsin out for a 3 point loss to #2 TCU, a 7 point loss to #4 Oregon, and a 6 point loss to #8 Stanford? Get the fuck out of here.

Why are you so angry? This thread is a trip. A question was asked and when people try to answer it you guys make a bunch of excuses. People counterpoint your excuses and you flip you shit. What is the point of you coming here Smart? It seems everyone here angers you when they have a different opinion. Your blood pressure would probably lower if you took a week off or something. Many other Big 10 fans have acknowledged what the Big 10 needs to do to change their perception. Not Wiscy and Ohio St fans (some not all) though. They are like Baghdad Bob saying all is well.