• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the B1G ever recover and be considered great again?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so angry? This thread is a trip. A question was asked and when people try to answer it you guys make a bunch of excuses. People counterpoint your excuses and you flip you shit. What is the point of you coming here Smart? It seems everyone here angers you when they have a different opinion. Your blood pressure would probably lower if you took a week off or something. Many other Big 10 fans have acknowledged what the Big 10 needs to do to change their perception. Not Wiscy and Ohio St fans (some not all) though. They are like Baghdad Bob saying all is well.

I love it...the guy defending a 20 point loss to BYU as okay because "it's tough as hell to win in Provo" is calling me out for making excuses for our seven point or less "ass kickings" by top eight teams.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it...the guy defending a 20 point loss to BYU as okay because "it's tough as hell to win in Provo" is calling me out for making excuses for our seven point or less "ass kickings" by top eight teams.

You're so angry you don't even know which poster you are talking to…

Smart this is all I have to say to you…

Do you wake up in the mornin' and say, "I'm puttin on my big boy pants. Look, I'm wearin' a belt. I got big boy pants on.

Is this how you conduct yourself... in a democracy?

I'm so tired of you getting angry, and yelling all the time, it's exhausting.:noidea:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so angry you don't even know which poster you are talking to…

Smart this is all I have to say to you…

Do you wake up in the mornin' and say, "I'm puttin on my big boy pants. Look, I'm wearin' a belt. I got big boy pants on.

Is this how you conduct yourself... in a democracy?

I'm so tired of you getting angry, and yelling all the time, it's exhausting.:noidea:

The emotion I get when I read most of the post by the Texas and Washington fan on this board (I say fan because I really don't want to live in a world where there are multiple of you that stupid) is pity.

Getting angry at you trying to argue would be like getting angry when watching Purdue or Kansas playing football.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how some of you think that because you can rile Smart up, that he isn't right about some things here, and that you're not wrong about a few. Keep on clingin' on boys. Just like the gubmint! They're never wrong!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 Heisman voting finishes doesn't matter.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how some of you think that because you can rile Smart up, that he isn't right about some things here, and that you're not wrong about a few. Keep on clingin' on boys. Just like the gubmint! They're never wrong!

I never said Smart was stupid or never correct. That would be him with the elitist attitude. He just gets so upset about a dissenting opinion I can't help myself sometimes. Sorry for partying...

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 Heisman voting finishes doesn't matter.

I'm assuming this is from my earlier post. I think it does matter from a positive publicity standpoint. Which was the point of that post. I truly believe much of the opinion of the Big 10 sucking isn't based in reality. Whenever Texas has played a Big 10 school I've never felt it was going to be an easy win and rarely has it been. However, three of the most visible events for college football fans is the title game, Heisman trophy ceremony, and the NFL draft (most college football fans are also NFL fans but not really vice versa). Just my opinion and obviously up for debate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming this is from my earlier post. I think it does matter from a positive publicity standpoint. Which was the point of that post. I truly believe much of the opinion of the Big 10 sucking isn't based in reality. Whenever Texas has played a Big 10 school I've never felt it was going to be an easy win and rarely has it been. However, three of the most visible events for college football fans is the title game, Heisman trophy ceremony, and the NFL draft (most college football fans are also NFL fans but not really vice versa). Just my opinion and obviously up for debate.

We need to have another Texas vs Ohio St home and home. Y'all beat us the first year and we took the second one. Then y'all beat us in that nailbiter BCS bowl. I know we have one with Oklahoma, I guess it's their turn.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the conference can, I'm not saying it will be easy, but it can happen. First thing that needs to happen: every conference school has to get serious about football. Indiana can no longer be potential, the defense has to get better. Purdue has to keep getting better. Northwestern can't take any steps back. Nebraska had better do some soul searching, whether Bo Pelini is the guy or not they have to find and maintain a direction. Penn State has to keep overcoming their penalties. Tim Beckman has to go at Illinois and get a legit real football coach. Iowa has to continue to do what they're doing. Minnesota has to build on this year. Michigan has to make some changes. Michigan State is solid, but they have to continue to get a better offense Ohio State..just win

The next step is recruit better, better players mean better product. It's not going to happen over night, but the perception of the conference isn't going to change if only 7 or so schools take football seriously. Every school has to be all in, or people are still going to say, "yeah, but they had Indiana and Illinois on their schedule"

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Baylor plays UCF. The Fiesta Bowl seems to always have last pick so the Big 12 team often draws the easiest BCS matchup.

Look at the Big Ten vs SEC matchups... the SEC team has the better record and will be favored in at least 2 of 3:

South Carolina (10-2) vs. Wisconsin (9-3)
LSU (9-3) vs. Iowa (8-4)
Georgia (8-4) vs. Nebraska (8-4)

Fiesta only has the last pick 1/3 of the time.