• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will anyone watch this super bowl?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Rams play the Seahawks on MNF in December -- I think it's safe to say I'd watch just about any NFL game.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, I'm glad it's the Giants and Pats. I'm glad everyone hates the Giants and Pats.

I can't stand it when a team like the Saints or the Packers are in the SuperBowl. All of a sudden everyone becomes a Saints fan or a Packers fan. The bandwagon shit drives me crazy. Nobody ever rooted for the Saints before Sean Payton and Drew Brees. There wasn't a lot of sentiment for the Pack when the Magic Man was their quarterback..... So while people might complain about this year's matchup, at least we don't have to worry about injuries that might occur from falling off the bandwagon.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My dad rooted for the Saints back in the Swilling, Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills days, so I've liked them since then.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Rams play the Seahawks on MNF in December -- I think it's safe to say I'd watch just about any NFL game.

I watched that game with the most interest because I had Lynch and Lloyd on my fantasy tram and that game got me a spot in the playoffs

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that game with the most interest because I had Lynch and Lloyd on my fantasy tram and that game got me a spot in the playoffs

And this is where the NFL is golden.

Yeah, there might end up being a crappy match-up late in the year that no one really wants to watch. But, because Fantasy Football is a multi-million dollar business, and dudes (and dudettes) have money on the line all over the world on the line...they will tune in and watch.

Fantasy leagues in other sports just don't translate as well as they do in football. Plus, there's only 1 game a week, unlike NBA and MLB. If you don't watch, then you've got to wait a whole 'nother week before you can watch again.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NFL is amazing. I think that the draft is typically on at the same time as the NBA playoffs and the draft just crushes the playoffs in terms of ratings. This year there was a really, really shitty monday night game on (I think Jax v. somebody) the same time as the world series and I bet MNF was a bigger draw...that's what I was watching.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the NFL MNF game outdrew the MLB playoff game. The NFL is king, no doubt, and it's not even close.

As for fantasy, I played fantasy baseball one year. I won the league, but it sucks. In football, you check your lineup for bye weeks, check injuries, maybe matchups once and let it go. In baseball, you have to monitor it every night, check the lineups each week to try and get pitchers who have 2 starts that week. You get guys going on the DL and coming back mid-week, so you can't get them in the game til next week. It's a time drain, and entirely too much work for not nearly as much fun.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings will be high...Ferris is back
ferris_bueller.jpg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't play FF anymore, but it's definitely the best of the fantasy leagues. As mentioned, only having to check things once a week definitely makes it more appealing to those that have jobs, kids, social lives, etc...... I think fantasy baseball is a good game for those people that really like the 'stat' side of baseball - Those obsessed with Billy Beane and Moneyball. It's sort of the sports equivalent of Dungeons and Dragons.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's actually starting to look like Matthew Broderick...... That's eerie.

BTW -- Wargames was on AMC last night. The 80s ruled.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's play Global Thermonuclear war..

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to say what we feared more in the 80s -- Computers or the Russians.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Emergancy trip to Oregon so i probably won't be able to watch it. Might be able to listen to it on the radio tho

Last edited by a moderator:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emergancy trip to Oregon so i probably won't be able to watch it. Might be able to listen to it on the radio tho

I heard that television is now available in Oregon. Have I heard wrong?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

While you're up that way, drive by and slap OregonDucks. Thanks in advance.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't play FF anymore, but it's definitely the best of the fantasy leagues. As mentioned, only having to check things once a week definitely makes it more appealing to those that have jobs, kids, social lives, etc...... I think fantasy baseball is a good game for those people that really like the 'stat' side of baseball - Those obsessed with Billy Beane and Moneyball. It's sort of the sports equivalent of Dungeons and Dragons.

Hahahaha, never heard it that way. I totally get into fantasy baseball. It's almost an obsession. I love crunching numbers and using in depth stats in an attempt to win the league and talk shit the entire off-season.