• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilkerson

Will Wilkerson be a Bear soon

• Total voters
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look like this is gonna happen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. Are we willing to give up a first-round pick? It'll have to be via trade, right?
It would be a switch of the first picks 11 to 20 plus a 3third. Just a guess. His huge contract demands lowers his compensation. I'm just saying Bears are one of the very few who can afford him and the need is there. Young stud entering his prime. Jets need him gone financially speaking.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a switch in the first picks 11 to 20 plus a 3third. Just a guess. His huge contract demands lowers his compensation. I'm just saying Bears are one of the very few who can afford him and the need is there. Young stud entering his prime. Jets need him gone financially speaking.

He's a stud fosho

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a switch of the first picks 11 to 20 plus a 3third. Just a guess. His huge contract demands lowers his compensation. I'm just saying Bears are one of the very few who can afford him and the need is there. Young stud entering his prime. Jets need him gone financially speaking.

Now this would not be a bad trade in my opinion....... From one of the posts I read in the other thread,I dint want to see it happen fr I was thinking t was straight up Wilkerson fr the 11th pick.
But being its for their 20th,Id take that deal....... Even if it meant we were giving up our 3rd.

Is that the deal we are offering, or them offering us?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this would not be a bad trade in my opinion....... From one of the posts I read in the other thread,I dint want to see it happen fr I was thinking t was straight up Wilkerson fr the 11th pick.
But being its for their 20th,Id take that deal....... Even if it meant we were giving up our 3rd.

Is that the deal we are offering, or them offering us?
Well they want a first and swapping No.1's plus a third equals a first. Plus the Jets have 1 mil and no QB and no way to pay the guys getting drafted. They must free up some money. Plus they need a OLB (Houston?). All I'm saying is there's a chance. Wilkerson is looking at 15 mil per and 50 mil guaranteed so the compensation will be less. No one is offering a first and then have to pay big money. The league knows the Jets need money and will get desperate as the draft nears.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ anyone who thinks swapping first round picks & adding a third round pick is the same as trading Wilkerson straight up for a first round pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats the whole point though, I do not expect the Jets are just talking about trading first round picks now, they want 11 and 20 and you still have to sign this guy. I really hope they do not do it now, draft day the price will drop and they will be happy to just get something like a third.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the whole point though, I do not expect the Jets are just talking about trading first round picks now, they want 11 and 20 and you still have to sign this guy. I really hope they do not do it now, draft day the price will drop and they will be happy to just get something like a third.
Ya it won't happen until the draft is near. Jets will get more desperate for cap relief.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ anyone who thinks swapping first round picks & adding a third round pick is the same as trading Wilkerson straight up for a first round pick.

Moving up 9 spots in the first and adding a third is point value wise a first. Basic math.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ferguson retiring the 11 pick could now get a top 2- 3 LT for the Jets. His retirement only gives the Jets about half of the money they need and a new need come draft time, one that will be gone by pick 20. This could be helpful to us. This all could be crazy but also where there is smoke there is fire. Either way a long off season is responsible for such ramblings.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what this guy can do, we are looking at him wanting a Suh deal and still no way its just moving up, they want both first round picks.

Haynesworth, Suh, both show its not the place to invest 100 million dollars.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, if he's wanting Suh money, he can take his talents elsewhere.

With the acquisition of Hicks and the assumed growth and progression of Goldman, I would not brank the bank at that position.

Not to mention a forthcoming draft that is loaded with DTs.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ferguson retiring the 11 pick could now get a top 2- 3 LT for the Jets. His retirement only gives the Jets about half of the money they need and a new need come draft time, one that will be gone by pick 20. This could be helpful to us. This all could be crazy but also where there is smoke there is fire. Either way a long off season is responsible for such ramblings.

Yeah, well, that's over...... Jets get Cady for a 5th and a 7th.

That sounds like one helluva steal to me.......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what this guy can do, we are looking at him wanting a Suh deal and still no way its just moving up, they want both first round picks.

Haynesworth, Suh, both show its not the place to invest 100 million dollars.
First of all Suh is a DT and Wilk a DE. The money he wants is reasonable for a young top DE. He would get pressure and make us a top 5 def. They don't want both firsts or even one now. A second rd pick is all they will get now. Haynesworth and Suh have no bearing on this, Wilk is better and younger and wants half of what they got and has always been a clean team first guy. .

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is huge. Now the Jets have no leverage at all. They are further in the hole and getting more desperate by the day. Clady to the Jets means the Bears chances to land Wilk just skyrocketed up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clady has back problems and can't stay on the field. That is why they got him so cheap. He has only played in 18 games over the last 3 years.