• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quarterback Poll

Who should be the starting quarterback for the Broncos next season?

• Total voters

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of threads looking for discussion on the Head Coaching search. Finding a quarterback will be more important. This upcoming quarterback draft class doesn't look great but you never know. Since there are no easy answers, this poll allows for selection of 3 options. Feel free to list them in order of preference.

This poll is not "who will be" the starting QB but "who should be".

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all for Lock getting one more “prove it” season with a coach that actually wants to try and make him better. He’s got one year left on his rookie deal, let him try to salvage a career out of the the damage done by Shurmur.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of this year's draft class but 2023 looks like it could be better. I would be okay with giving Lock a full year with our eye on a better rookie next year.

I would pull for Rodgers if he winds up in a Broncos uniform but I greatly prefer the age and character of a Russell Wilson.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of this year's draft class but 2023 looks like it could be better. I would be okay with giving Lock a full year with our eye on a better rookie next year.

I would pull for Rodgers if he winds up in a Broncos uniform but I greatly prefer the age and character of a Russell Wilson.
If we're going to go out and buy a QB, we may as well get one that will be around for as long as possible. Unless Watson's situation miraculously clears up, Wilson seems like the best bet. If we can't do that, then we probably go with another year of what we just had, but next year's QB class seems much better.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers or draft crazy.

No other option.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Crazy is the only right answer.

His salary demands may be high so my 2nd option is roll with Lock another year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went against the grain and voted for Kenny Pickett. Although he doesn’t have the strongest arm, from what little I’ve seen of him I think he is more cerebral and quicker processor.

I’m usually wrong, so take that into account.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be Josh Allen, but Elway didn’t think he was worth a 1st round pick so we took Bradley Chubb instead.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realizing I left a couple of other options off this list that have bantered about in the media. Jimmy G. and DeShaun Watson. I think @Draft Crazy is a better option though.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went against the grain and voted for Kenny Pickett. Although he doesn’t have the strongest arm, from what little I’ve seen of him I think he is more cerebral and quicker processor.

You betray dc….

….you jerk! ;)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early poll results:
  1. Russell Wilson
  2. Drew Lock
  3. Kenny Pickett / @Draft Crazy (tie)
Most articles that I've read on Wilson is that he really wants to remain in Seattle. Drew Lock is under contract and available. Kenny Pickett might not be available at #9. Draft Crazy is....well crazy.

We're in quarterback purgatory.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Willis will be the best quarterback out of this draft, but I want Rodgers or Wilson and if you can't get one of them you keep Lock.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say run with Lock one more year, while going BPA early in the draft and then selecting Bailey Zappe. May not have all the "prototypical" skills, but he seems to have the requisite grey matter upstairs.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Pickett too .. I also like Carson Strong .. But I'm not sure either is better than Lock ... This is where the smarts and dedication and all that stuff we don;t really see comes in ..

One thing about Lock is that it seems Peyton Manning has always been there in his corner -and as far as gauging dedication and prepping and NFL mindset, you don;t get a better endorsement than that .. ok, maybe "endorsement" isn;t the right word, but I doubt Manning would have given positive comments and time to Paxton Lynch the way he has w/ Lock ... He seems to genuinely like him and want him to succeed

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be Josh Allen, but Elway didn’t think he was worth a 1st round pick so we took Bradley Chubb instead.
I'm sure you remember when Cleveland took Denzel Ward, and how with Vance and Von Miller, Chubb seemed like a steal ... you cannot blame Elway for taking him .. I wanted the Broncos to take Allen, I think a few people here did too, but you can't kill Elway for taking Chubb ... He was the consensus superstar in the making by everyone -- in other words, not many saw him as the mediocre player he , unfortunately, might just be

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say run with Lock one more year, while going BPA early in the draft and then selecting Bailey Zappe. May not have all the "prototypical" skills, but he seems to have the requisite grey matter upstairs.

Sounds like Trevor Siemien.

Although Bailey is a good name for a Denver Bronco. He could be a Champ in no time.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you remember when Cleveland took Denzel Ward, and how with Vance and Von Miller, Chubb seemed like a steal ... you cannot blame Elway for taking him .. I wanted the Broncos to take Allen, I think a few people here did too, but you can't kill Elway for taking Chubb ... He was the consensus superstar in the making by everyone -- in other words, not many saw him as the mediocre player he , unfortunately, might just be
As fans we like to remember players we really wanted - like I really wanted Lavonte David and hated the Osweiler pick instead of him - but not as quick to admit when we were wrong. I was afraid the Broncos might take Josh Allen - I was probably partially scared off by the Paxton Lynch failure. I saw in Allen a lot of what I saw in Lynch, tall with a great arm, hadn't played against top competition, a bit wild with a low cmpletion rate.

I was obviously very wrong, but would he have had the same success here he had in Buffalo? We can guess all day long, but we'll never know. I'm glad for him he ended up where he did. That way the whole state of Wyoming can be part of the Bills mafia! ;)