• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quarterback Poll

Who should be the starting quarterback for the Broncos next season?

• Total voters

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans we like to remember players we really wanted - like I really wanted Lavonte David and hated the Osweiler pick instead of him - but not as quick to admit when we were wrong. I was afraid the Broncos might take Josh Allen - I was probably partially scared off by the Paxton Lynch failure. I saw in Allen a lot of what I saw in Lynch, tall with a great arm, hadn't played against top competition, a bit wild with a low cmpletion rate.

I was obviously very wrong, but would he have had the same success here he had in Buffalo? We can guess all day long, but we'll never know. I'm glad for him he ended up where he did. That way the whole state of Wyoming can be part of the Bills mafia! ;)
I liked Josh Allen at first, then thought he was going to be Lynch 2.0. I also liked Rosen. Thought Murray would be a dud. I thought Mac Jones would be the worse of the current crop of QBs.

I should have no say on QBs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went against the grain and voted for Kenny Pickett. Although he doesn’t have the strongest arm, from what little I’ve seen of him I think he is more cerebral and quicker processor.

I’m usually wrong, so take that into account.
That's my line.

I agree that I would take a QB who makes good decisions while playing - over a QB with suburb physical skills - who needs to be taught who to play football. I don't have an opinion on Pickett. I had one a very favorable opinion of Davis Mills last draft and I think his play at the end of the season showed he can succeed in the NFL. Mills would be last pick in a physical skills contest.

Reactions: LGM

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans we like to remember players we really wanted - like I really wanted Lavonte David and hated the Osweiler pick instead of him - but not as quick to admit when we were wrong. I was afraid the Broncos might take Josh Allen - I was probably partially scared off by the Paxton Lynch failure. I saw in Allen a lot of what I saw in Lynch, tall with a great arm, hadn't played against top competition, a bit wild with a low cmpletion rate.

I was obviously very wrong, but would he have had the same success here he had in Buffalo? We can guess all day long, but we'll never know. I'm glad for him he ended up where he did. That way the whole state of Wyoming can be part of the Bills mafia! ;)
I agree that Allen would probably not have had the same success had he been drafted by the Broncos, at least had everything fallen the same as it had in regard to the staff ..

But had we used the #5 pick on Allen, maybe the mindset towards a coaching staff would have been different .. He probably would have had one year with Musgrave and Sullivan, but after that, would we have followed the same course ??

I loved the Lock selection, and I think had he been given the same set of circumstances as Allen, we might not be talking about another offseason with a huge question mark at QB

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went against the grain and voted for Kenny Pickett. Although he doesn’t have the strongest arm, from what little I’ve seen of him I think he is more cerebral and quicker processor.

I’m usually wrong, so take that into account.
I like a lot of what he brings but his arm and hand size concern me. So many question marks with every QB on that list I just can't vote.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Trevor Siemien.

Although Bailey is a good name for a Denver Bronco. He could be a Champ in no time.
Trevor Siemian never broke the NCAA TD record and the yardage record in the same season ;-)

I figure Zappe would be a good, low-risk gamble in a draft weak at QB.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Russell Wilson (trade), Drew Lock (rookie not ready), Kenny Pickett (all in on a rookie).

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the Pickett has small hands which could be problematic in cold or inclement games. I have not read up on the draft eligible QBs, but Corral, Howell,Strong, and Willis are of interest so far.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard the Pickett has small hands which could be problematic in cold or inclement games. I have not read up on the draft eligible QBs, but Corral, Howell,Strong, and Willis are of interest so far.
I can't find much of anything regarding Corral's injury .. The last thing I read was that X rays showed an ankle sprain, but with an MRI pending ... Have there been any updates ?? .. I assume the injury was not nearly as bad as it first looked

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Siemian never broke the NCAA TD record and the yardage record in the same season ;-)

I figure Zappe would be a good, low-risk gamble in a draft weak at QB.

Colt Brennan (RIP) held the record for most career TD passes until it was broken by Case Keenum. How’d they do in the NFL?

Not saying you’re wrong, just saying setting records in the NCAA doesn’t mean much once you get to the pros.

I like the idea of taking a QB later to try and see if he has something NFL scouts missed. And if this kid can fit the mold of what our next coach is looking for in his offense, then I definitely wouldn’t mind a low-risk, late pick on him.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt Brennan (RIP) held the record for most career TD passes until it was broken by Case Keenum. How’d they do in the NFL?

Not saying you’re wrong, just saying setting records in the NCAA doesn’t mean much once you get to the pros.

I like the idea of taking a QB later to try and see if he has something NFL scouts missed. And if this kid can fit the mold of what our next coach is looking for in his offense, then I definitely wouldn’t mind a low-risk, late pick on him.
Consider the records he broke used to belong to Joe Burrow...

He may not amount to much, but he plays in a system that requires some of the same skills as the NFL: reading defenses, going through progressions, and such. He doesn't have a shotgun arm (but it's decent), and isn't prototypical size. He also plays for a smaller school. So, that's why he's not rated higher. He's slated to play in the Senior Bowl, so something may change between now and then. But what I saw of his performance showed at least some promise.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem that the group would like to see Drew Lock get another chance. If not that, go get Russell Wilson. I wonder if Hackett could be a good developer of Lock. I honestly don't think Aaron Rodgers is coming to Denver.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being blanked for almost 3 quarters, Drew Lock came into the game vs Cincy and promptly lead the team down the field for a TD .. This was coming in cold, vs a team that is in the AFC Championship game ... Lock had us in position to win the game with another drive, and we all know what happened ... Bad call ?? .. Lock trying to do too much ??

My point here is that with Hackett, who is a completely different personality and has more on his resume than Shurmur, Lock and the Broncos win that game ....

In spite of a staff that did nothing for him, Lock almost came in and beat a potential SB team given a quarter and a half .... With a full offseason, a staff that believes in him and will play to his strengths, I would be all for starting him in 2022 ... If Wilson or Rodgers can be had, great, but I think it is a huge mistake getting another bridge journeyman ( Cousins ) or washed up ( Ryan ) QB in here

George, please, no Sam Bradfords

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being blanked for almost 3 quarters, Drew Lock came into the game vs Cincy and promptly lead the team down the field for a TD .. This was coming in cold, vs a team that is in the AFC Championship game ... Lock had us in position to win the game with another drive, and we all know what happened ... Bad call ?? .. Lock trying to do too much ??

My point here is that with Hackett, who is a completely different personality and has more on his resume than Shurmur, Lock and the Broncos win that game ....

In spite of a staff that did nothing for him, Lock almost came in and beat a potential SB team given a quarter and a half .... With a full offseason, a staff that believes in him and will play to his strengths, I would be all for starting him in 2022 ... If Wilson or Rodgers can be had, great, but I think it is a huge mistake getting another bridge journeyman ( Cousins ) or washed up ( Ryan ) QB in here

George, please, no Sam Bradfords

If the confluence of events this offseason leads to Lock being the starter, I just hope Hackett isn’t stupid enough to run read option with Lock…

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the confluence of events this offseason leads to Lock being the starter, I just hope Hackett isn’t stupid enough to run read option with Lock…
Is this because when Lock runs the ball he holds it out in one hand - which if it was a cartoon would carry the caption - "Hey - Look what I got!"

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees was a "system qb" with "small hands" and "short" coming out of Purdue. I'm no qb whisperer, but watching him in hs at Westlake you knew he had "it" and would make it in the next league just fine. Just food for thought. Remember Brees at Westlake Mingo? lol

Anyway, my point is that we apparently wanted Surtain from the jump. We never called him or his agent, never interviewed him, never once did anything that made someone think he was our pick. So we know two things for sure:

1. Paton has his folks on lock, and they do a great job scouting discreetly. (Though lets face it, Surtain is an easy scout).
2. Even if we did want a qb, do you really think anyone is going to know?
3. To add even further to point 1, how many "insiders" said we were on our way to having Quinn as a HC? Yeah.

Paton doesn't play by conventional rules, so the best way to figure out who we want is to wait till they announce it on draft day. :)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its in both their wheel houses, and its a part of a modified WCO (roll outs). Why not? Drew gets injured and voila! High draft pick with a good qb crop.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its in both their wheel houses, and its a part of a modified WCO (roll outs). Why not? Drew gets injured and voila! High draft pick with a good qb crop.

I’d rather have Lock stay healthy and the team make the playoffs, but to each their own. Wishing injuries on players is certainly something…

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Lock stay healthy and the team make the playoffs, but to each their own. Wishing injuries on players is certainly something…
Being pragmatic is one thing, being sadistic is another. You being histrionic is SOP. :)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reflecting on the Hackett hire, it makes me wonder if we would be better to draft and develop a guy. Hackett seems to have more of a plan for all phases of the the team then previous coaching staffs, and if we can find a QB in the draft it would cost less the Rodgers or Wilson. Getting that veteran QB is way more of a sure thing, but at some point we have to take a chance and draft another one. Malik Willis is sure sounding appealing but would probably need a little time to develop.