• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the ACC and Big XII champion must be undefeated.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not as if the B1G teams are playing these tough games at home.

Beating Oregon in Autzen hasn't seemed to be an easy task as of late.

It doesn't matter though. If MSU gets beat, or blown out by a team like Oregon, and then Oregon doesn't win the Pac, and say Stanford does, MSU will have a tough time making it into the Playoff. I think chances are slim as of now any other B1G team has a shot.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you're asking about my counter point when your initial point had no substance behind it at all - in reality, your main point had nothing backing it up. Because I know you're a conference homer and won't provide anything reasonable I'll do you a service.

Last year, it could easily be argued that the ACC > B1G. The ACC had 11 teams go to bowls, won the NC, and was only the 2nd conference to win a 2nd BCS bowl (over the B1G #2) as well. This year with who is returning in both conferences, the B1G doesn't really separate itself, and then when you consider tOSU is without Braxton Miller, it seems rather reasonable to assume the B1G isn't much better. Especially after the huge drop off after the few top B1G teams.

I'm not talking about Last year. I'm talking about this year.

There are only 3 teams ranked in the ACC. Clemson who lost their best QB - WR duo of all time is the second best team according to the rankings at 16 and then you have North Carolina who has never done anything EVER!

Meanwhile you have 4 teams ranked in the Big 10 and even with Ohio State replacing players you still have a team that has had multiple top 5 recruiting classes over the last several years being coached by what many consider one of the best coaches in the game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not as if the B1G teams are playing these tough games at home.

Beating Oregon in Autzen hasn't seemed to be an easy task as of late.

The B1G had ample opportunity to win tough games at home last year, only to lose to quality teams like Washington, UCLA, Northern Illinois, Missouri, Navy, and Notre Dame. Win those 6 and that goes along way towards changing perception, or at least some of them. Of course winning at Autzen is tough, but the B1G hasn't taken care of business at home either.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G had ample opportunity to win tough games at home last year, only to lose to quality teams like Washington, UCLA, Northern Illinois, Missouri, Navy, and Notre Dame. Win those 6 and that goes along way towards changing perception, or at least some of them. Of course winning at Autzen is tough, but the B1G hasn't taken care of business at home either.

Has nothing to do with my point but okay.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about Last year. I'm talking about this year.

There are only 3 teams ranked in the ACC. Clemson who lost their best QB - WR duo of all time is the second best team according to the rankings at 16 and then you have North Carolina who has never done anything EVER!

Meanwhile you have 4 teams ranked in the Big 10 and even with Ohio State replacing players you still have a team that has had multiple top 5 recruiting classes over the last several years being coached by what many consider one of the best coaches in the game.

You're citing preseason rankings as proof that your conference is better? That's a pretty thin argument.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're citing preseason rankings as proof that your conference is better? That's a pretty thin argument.

I realize that pre season rankings don't mean much once the season gets underway and we have actual results to look at, but they do reflect everything we know to this point.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean feel free to give me info on why other ACC teams should be ranked that every voter out there that covers the sport missed.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean feel free to give me info on why other ACC teams should be ranked that every voter out there that covers the sport missed.

I'm not going to do that as preseason rankings are an absolute joke. Any rankings prior to week 5 or 6 are utter garbage in my opinion.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to do that as preseason rankings are an absolute joke. Any rankings prior to week 5 or 6 are utter garbage in my opinion.

that should be all the more reason for you to do that.

You do realize what "that" is in this case don't you?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with my point but okay.

Sure it does. You can't expect the B1G to play every tough game at home every year. It's cyclical. Last year they played a lot of home games, this year they are on the road or neutral. And they still get Va Tech, Miami, California, Utah, and Iowa State at home this year, which isn't bad.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's absolutely not.

The B1G should be very worried if Oregon beats MSU and LSU beats Wisky when it comes down to leaving out one of the 5 power conferences

When will VT get back to owning the ACC?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does. You can't expect the B1G to play every tough game at home every year. It's cyclical. Last year they played a lot of home games, this year they are on the road or neutral. And they still get Va Tech, Miami, California, Utah, and Iowa State at home this year, which isn't bad.

nope it still doesn't. YOu have gone off topic. I didn't bring up the two games that were originally mentioned but somehow it was suggested that those two games meant everything.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that pre season rankings don't mean much once the season gets underway and we have actual results to look at, but they do reflect everything we know to this point.
Actually, they reflect what has been speculated to this point, not "what we know." Oh - and they reflect what will sell magazines and sports package subscriptions.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like VT has their hopes up.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will VT get back to owning the ACC?

funny-soon-meme.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope it still doesn't. YOu have gone off topic. I didn't bring up the two games that were originally mentioned but somehow it was suggested that those two games meant everything.

You brought up that all the tough games are on the road. I gave you a reason why. And guess what happens next year? Oregon goes to East Lansing, LSU plays Wisconsin in Lambeau in 2016. Penn State played UCF at home last year. Minnesota gets TCU at home next year. Purdue gets Va Tech at home next year. NW gets Stanford at home next year. That's what home and homes are. Obviously it doesn't benefit the B1G this year but it did last year and will next year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And FWIW, I didn't originally bring up the MSU/Oregon game, somebody else did. I said it would be a blow to the B1G's conference perception if they get blown out. Then you said something about the tough games being on the road, which is why I stated the home games the B1G has next year and played last year.