• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst coach firings in the last 15 years

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed it...I was all in on the Bo hire and the years that followed.......then after the media hate/fixation on his temper/and finally the “fuck Nebraska fans comment”.....I was done.

When that happened I was very surprised. And no fanbase in the country would tolerate a coach badmouthing fans. Either Pelini lost his mind or he picked an odd way to be forced outta Lincoln.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini's numbers look solid on paper, but I remember the issues he had with winning the big ones + his ridiculous explosive temper and sideline meltdowns. He always seems like a guy whose mouth and temper are his own worst enemies in life.

Every year, it was always the same story. I do get why he was eventually let go.

And the fact that he's never had another HC job with a P5 program again speaks volumes to his issues that ADs just don't want to deal with.

Yahh, Riley didn't work out, but I think Nebraska has a really good coach with Frost and they'll start moving back up.

Dalton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami firing Larry Coker.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like Houston Nutt should be on this list

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like Houston Nutt should be on this list

From Arkansas or Ole Miss?

Nutt wasn't a terrible coach but Arkansas did win 10 and 11 games in consecutive seasons after firing him so not sure I would say it was a mistake. He somehow found a way to lose 5 games with Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis in the backfield.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that Bobby Petrino has been mentioned, but I think he was going to have Arkansas running at a high level.

I guess they had to do it.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solich was a stupid firing imo, NU had possibly the worst AD in the modern era and that's sayin something.

Auburn running Tubbs/Gene off was terrible

Mangino being fired, THEN not being hired by one of these other tomato can programs is a crime.

Leach/TT, good Lord

I felt like Bert needed a little more time at Arkansas too TBH.

I dunno, there are several good candidates and I'm sure I'm missing some.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solich was a stupid firing imo, NU had possibly the worst AD in the modern era and that's sayin something.

That was just the beginning of NU issues. Pearlman was horrible at making hiring decisions for the AD's. He had no choice but to run into the arms of Osborne after Pederson. It was his only choice and it saved him his job. He pushed Osborne aside for Eichorst even a worse higher than Pederson. Nebraska got the Nice guy even a worse higher then Dumbest football coach in America. The best thing that happened to Nebraska athletics and football was Pearlman retired.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like Bert needed a little more time at Arkansas too TBH.

Eh he had 5 years. Got too drunk and lazy later on which is one of the reasons Pittman left and the OL went down the gutter. From about 2014-16 his teams were a lot better than their records though, was just a missed extra point from knocking off Alabama in 2014. We lost more close games than just about any other P5 team.

He definitely screwed up the recruitments of Solomon Thomas and Isaiah Simmons though. Showed up hungover to Thomas' house which turned off the family even though his sister was a UA student, and told Simmons he didn't know where to play him when he was seriously interested in coming here. Would have been nice to have two top 10 picks on defense...