• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Tom Cable still employed?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is Cable's fault either. I think the OL has over-achieved, for the most part, since Cable has been here.

This is not the 2005 team. In 2005, the OL made Hasselbeck and Alexander look better than they realy were. This OL is no where near as talened. But the OL we had in 2013 is also better than what we have now. The guys that are gone from the 2013 OL are not gone because Cable wanted them gone. They are gone for other reasons, mostly having to due with the salary cap.

Shaun Alexander yes, Matt Hasselbeck, no.

In 2007, Hasselbeck carried our offense and outside of Walter Jones the Seahawks didn't really have much on that line.

I still kind of laugh at how much teams overpaid for our mediocre offensive linemen like Breno and James Carpenter.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll baiter OP.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he still employed? Just when I think this board couldn't get any more ignorant...

Uh, maybe it's because he's one hell of a coach? He'd get snatched up in a hearbeat while improving another team is why he's still employed w/ the Hawks...

Love overreactions like this when our team loses...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an over reaction, been calling for cables and bevells heads all year. Offense just isnt getting it done in big games and needs to be completely rebuilt around our top players. Bevell is a stubborn moron, always takes him too long to adjust, no reason we needed to wait til the second half to change the approach.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have Cable's fault that Okung was getting absolutely schooled in the 1st half yesterday.

The team simply was not prepared at the beginning of the game yesterday. So if you want to blame the coaches, blame Pete.

Personally I find that pointless.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*bump*

Still wondering why Cable still has a job, anyone know?

This offense is absolutely putrid, easily the worst in the league.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I raised this earlier about Cable.
Seahawks people were blaming Bevel and RW - and some idiots were even blaming the defense - but the OL was totally dominated throughout the game.

If you can't run on the opponent or protect your QB, you are in deep shit trouble.

This is the third year of mediocrity on the OL.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks people were blaming Bevel and RW - and some idiots were even blaming the defense - but the OL was totally dominated throughout the game.

If you can't run on the opponent or protect your QB, you are in deep shit trouble.

The boneheaded penalties due to lack of discipline late in the game didn't help much, either. You can't blame Cable for Marsh grabbing the QB by the head...or Bennett trying to start a fight when the first knee was taken...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup need to get that OL working. I do think they are on the right track though. Some of these young guys look like they could be good in time. Need some better tackles then what they are fielding at the present. Sowell seems like a liability and Webb is better suited as a guard. Gilliam might be OK, but he needs to step it up or they'll need to replace him also.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boneheaded penalties due to lack of discipline late in the game didn't help much, either. You can't blame Cable for Marsh grabbing the QB by the head...or Bennett trying to start a fight when the first knee was taken...

Oh yah? Stick around...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Preseason i was worried about the run blocking of this Oline and even stated as much, Still worried about it. As bad as Sowell/Gilliam and Web are playing there is a silver lining of sorts. Britt looks like the Real deal and the depth seems to be about average at the Guard/Center position. Which is a good deal for one of the worst Olines in the NFL.

After Wilson was hurt last week i think we all wanted to have the "wait and see" approach coming into this game. I believe most of us saw what we did NOT want to see the first series the Offense had and knew this game was going to be a LOT harder. Wilson's wheels have to get healthy again,This Oline may not let that happen.