• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Tom Cable still employed?

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a guy who should've been fired last year during the beginning of the season when it was painfully obvious there were major issues on the OL, but Pete did nothing about it all year. Pete sat on his hands during the whole offseason and again did nothing about it. he would've been fired anywhere else in the league a long time ago.

the Seahawks OL is, by far, the worst unit in the league and Pete does nothing about it. why is it that everyone else who watches the league understands that, but not Pete?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a guy who should've been fired last year during the beginning of the season when it was painfully obvious there were major issues on the OL, but Pete did nothing about it all year. Pete sat on his hands during the whole offseason and again did nothing about it. he would've been fired anywhere else in the league a long time ago.

the Seahawks OL is, by far, the worst unit in the league and Pete does nothing about it. why is it that everyone else who watches the league understands that, but not Pete?
It's about him picking the OL to draft, he sucks at that.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to hire Walter Jones...it cant get any worse.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, a couple seasons ago people were asking that he get a raise. Seriously, this O line is bad. Real bad. They should be ashamed of themselves and Cable should give back a paycheck or two. Not an acceptable job at all. I really think this O line will prevent Seattle from even getting to the playoffs. Lets just hope RW doesn't get injured back there.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been saying it. Cable had 6 fucking years to build an OL and its worse now than it ever has been.

Time for an offensive shakeup, dump bevell and cable. Get someone who knows offense and can coach an OL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to publically apologize for shitting on Bevell all this time. I don't think their is a Offensive Coordinator in league today that could design a playbook to work around the FUCKING ABOMINATION that we call the 2015 Seattle Seahawk offensive line :gaah:

Thank God We have Wilson as QB. If we had anyone else...I just don't want to think about it.

Could you guys imagine if Peyton Manning had signed with Seattle instead of going to Denver? lol

4-0 Bengals game next week. #GOHawks

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been asking this question for probably 15 years straight now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been saying it. Cable had 6 fucking years to build an OL and its worse now than it ever has been.

Time for an offensive shakeup, dump bevell and cable. Get someone who knows offense and can coach an OL.

One of the problems is we keep getting ride of offensive lineman .... I feel like the saving money part is on our offensive line, we've spent so much money on Wilson and our defensive players we neglected the O-line, and now were paying for it... These guy's need to take some serious pride and work there butts off to improve...They don't have to be great, just good ... I"m gonna be optimistic and believe they will grow together as the season roll's on ...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years. Worse than ever.

This OL should be a well oiled machine at this point. Its not. Even our "best" OL okung is getting abused.

Its just time to move on and build a new offense around wilson and graham with a new OL. We almost have to make a trade for someone, G, RT, C. Anybody would be an improvement.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years. Worse than ever.

This OL should be a well oiled machine at this point. Its not. Even our "best" OL okung is getting abused.

Its just time to move on and build a new offense around wilson and graham with a new OL. We almost have to make a trade for someone, G, RT, C. Anybody would be an improvement.

This years draft is where Seattle shouldn't trade out of the first for extra picks and maybe move up to find that o-line guy and spend another pick in the third or forth as well. I agree, it's time to rebuild the line.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem we will face this draft is a need at RB and almost every OL position. Seems like RBs are suddenly hot first round commodities again which is a problem for us.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that Cable is a fine coach, but that he has let his ego rule the roost. Sweezy has turned into a decent NFL guard, usually solid and not a reason for concern, but that doesn't mean that every converted player will be the same. 3/5 of our starting OLine are players converted from other positions. Here's my thoughts on our personnel at OLine:

Russell Okung. I think that being the sole decent lineman on the line has put a lot of pressure on him, so much so that he isn't allowed a single mistake. I think his injury history has caught up with him as well - he just doesn't seem to be as quick the last year +. I don't think he finishes his career as a LT.

Justin Britt. I know people were down on him some last year, but honestly, I don't think he was as bad a RT last year as Gilliam has been so far this year. He's still young and developing, but I think he could be a very nice piece to the offensive line.

Drew Nowak. Ugh. Wasn't a fan of the Frank Clark pick because I though Hroniss Grasu would be the best option for starting center, and though Grasu isn't playing in Chicago, I think he'd be a significant upgrade at center to what we have. In his forth season, Nowak set a career high for snaps played in a season in week 1.

JR Sweezy. He's a prototypical power run guard. He's has surprising success in pass protection, but that has little to do with his actual skill, and he's been burned a couple of times this season (maybe having to pick up more slack for the center and RT).

Gary Gilliam. I really don't like how he's played thus far, I can't think of any one game where I though he performed at least decently well, and I can't say that about any of the other linemen, even Nowak.

Alvin Bailey. I have always thought that he has played decent whenever he's had the opportunity, so I was surprised that they put Gilliam in the line up over Bailey. I wouldn't mind seeing Gilliam replaced for Bailey, no matter if Bailey plays RT or the move Britt back and put Bailey in at LG.

Mark Glowinski. I can honestly say that I don't think I have heard a word about him since the day he signed, or of Terry Poole for that matter (who is now on the practice squad). I cannot even begin to decide whether he needs playing time (has played a snap yet) or if the Hawks just whiffed on the picks.

Patrick Lewis. I think it may be time to move away from Nowak and put Lewis at center. He played well there last year, and Seattle won all four of his starts. Honestly, I don't know why he hasn't been starting already.

Kristjan Sokoli. So this makes 4 of 9 linemen on the team who came to Seattle playing a different position, and the third to make the switch in the last 2 years. This has been way too many.

That's your offensive line. Personally, I think there are personnel changes that could help a little. I would like to see this line in Cincinnati:

Okung
Britt
Lewis
Sweezy
Bailey
(though Bailey and Britt could switch)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that Cable is a fine coach, but that he has let his ego rule the roost. Sweezy has turned into a decent NFL guard, usually solid and not a reason for concern, but that doesn't mean that every converted player will be the same. 3/5 of our starting OLine are players converted from other positions. Here's my thoughts on our personnel at OLine:

Russell Okung. I think that being the sole decent lineman on the line has put a lot of pressure on him, so much so that he isn't allowed a single mistake. I think his injury history has caught up with him as well - he just doesn't seem to be as quick the last year +. I don't think he finishes his career as a LT.

Justin Britt. I know people were down on him some last year, but honestly, I don't think he was as bad a RT last year as Gilliam has been so far this year. He's still young and developing, but I think he could be a very nice piece to the offensive line.

Drew Nowak. Ugh. Wasn't a fan of the Frank Clark pick because I though Hroniss Grasu would be the best option for starting center, and though Grasu isn't playing in Chicago, I think he'd be a significant upgrade at center to what we have. In his forth season, Nowak set a career high for snaps played in a season in week 1.

JR Sweezy. He's a prototypical power run guard. He's has surprising success in pass protection, but that has little to do with his actual skill, and he's been burned a couple of times this season (maybe having to pick up more slack for the center and RT).

Gary Gilliam. I really don't like how he's played thus far, I can't think of any one game where I though he performed at least decently well, and I can't say that about any of the other linemen, even Nowak.

Alvin Bailey. I have always thought that he has played decent whenever he's had the opportunity, so I was surprised that they put Gilliam in the line up over Bailey. I wouldn't mind seeing Gilliam replaced for Bailey, no matter if Bailey plays RT or the move Britt back and put Bailey in at LG.

Mark Glowinski. I can honestly say that I don't think I have heard a word about him since the day he signed, or of Terry Poole for that matter (who is now on the practice squad). I cannot even begin to decide whether he needs playing time (has played a snap yet) or if the Hawks just whiffed on the picks.

Patrick Lewis. I think it may be time to move away from Nowak and put Lewis at center. He played well there last year, and Seattle won all four of his starts. Honestly, I don't know why he hasn't been starting already.

Kristjan Sokoli. So this makes 4 of 9 linemen on the team who came to Seattle playing a different position, and the third to make the switch in the last 2 years. This has been way too many.

That's your offensive line. Personally, I think there are personnel changes that could help a little. I would like to see this line in Cincinnati:

Okung
Britt
Lewis
Sweezy
Bailey
(though Bailey and Britt could switch)

Nice breakdown ...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the line is this bad then they need to shorten up Grahams routes and get him the ball quicker. They had him run a double-move on one play. What's even the point of that? This is my problem with Bevell. He's doing nothing to even attempt to adjust to the fact that our o-line is awful. If we aren't going to start using Graham like he's supposed to be used then there trade makes no sense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like graham was one of the last reads on almost every play. Its bullshit, feed him the ball until the defense proves they can stop it. Throwing to willson over graham is a joke.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like graham was one of the last reads on almost every play. Its bullshit, feed him the ball until the defense proves they can stop it. Throwing to willson over graham is a joke.

What were your expectations of Graham when he was traded for? Personally, I saw 70-80 catches for 700-800 yards and 8-10 TDs, right now he's on pace for 72 catches, 700 yards and 8 TDs. He's been targeted 23 times (makes it a 92 target pace, which would be the 3rd most to a player since Russell got here) and Willson only 8.

Seattle is actually targeting Graham on 25% of their passing targets, which is significantly higher than what the Saints did last year (19%) and is the highest of his career (22.7% was his highest in NO). They've fed the ball Graham's way quite a bit.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stats are garbage, watch the damn game. He had one catch and one target that i can remember before the 3rd quarter was nearly over.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stats are garbage, watch the damn game. He had one catch and one target that i can remember before the 3rd quarter was nearly over.

So what? Who cares? He's getting targeted. They aren't ignoring him like you want people to believe, they just are feeding him the ball like he's a running back taking a hand off.

Russell Wilson was 8 for 11 for 141 yards and 1 TD in the first half. Who cares if Graham was targeted 0 times or targeted 11 times, the Seahawks passing game was doing all right. Why does it matter in the slightest whether the passes were thrown to Graham instead of Luke Willson.?

Just so you can see how the targets were distributed:

Tyler Lockett 3 (2 catches 35 yards)
Fred Jackson 3 (2 catches 33 yards)
Doug Baldwin 2 (2 catches 33 yards, 1 TD)
Jimmy Graham 2 (1 catch 6 yards)
Jermaine Kearse 1 (1 catch 34 yards)

Yes, he was targeted more in the second half than in the first, once more.

The issue with this game wasn't Jimmy Graham and whether he was targeted enough, but the fact that the OLine looked about as bad as they have all season (I won't say as I have seen them, since they've had some bad ones the last few years). Detriot had free runners at the QB all night long, not to mention that the DLine seemed to overmatch the OLine most of the time as well. Hell, a good number of plays were broken the second the ball was snapped, so who know what would have happened had the line actually looked like it could do it's job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the only other game in which I felt the Seahawks OL played this badly was the Texans game. And that game had 60% of our starters missing.

48.6% of his dropbacks were pressured. That is ridiculous. And I don't that number properly reflects how badly he was pressured.

IMO, someone needs to be benched this Sunday.

justsayin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize that the oline has been ignored on purpose right? You know our Defense has NINE of the starting 11 on second contracts. We have a qb making 20plus mill a year.

You do that, cause you have Cable taking spare parts trying to mold it into something.