• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Tom Cable still employed?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks!!!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about 1 offensive td? I think we are last in offensive tds or close to it. Whats our red zone effcxiency i would bet one of the worst.
That is why I believe the 3 fumbles were the biggest obstacle to blowing out the Lions.
You might misunderstand my position. I am not happy with our offense. I am not happy with the play of the OL which is the biggest issue contributing to a slow offense.
My point is there is nothing that is going to happen this season regarding your main complaints. I hope and expect our OL to improve. Yet, it is an underpaid position group because most resources go to other areas on the team.
I'm sure you are a fan of Chuck Knox. He said it best. You play the hand you are dealt.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I believe the 3 fumbles were the biggest obstacle to blowing out the Lions.
You might misunderstand my position. I am not happy with our offense. I am not happy with the play of the OL which is the biggest issue contributing to a slow offense.
My point is there is nothing that is going to happen this season regarding your main complaints. I hope and expect our OL to improve. Yet, it is an underpaid position group because most resources go to other areas on the team.
I'm sure you are a fan of Chuck Knox. He said it best. You play the hand you are dealt.

It wasn't Knox who said, "Spend the season bitching and whining and maybe things will get better."?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately they are not playing it that way, they continue to call plays as if the OL wasnt #32 overall and continue to ignore graham in key situations

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately they are not playing it that way, they continue to call plays as if the OL wasnt #32 overall and continue to ignore graham in key situations

Uh, logically wouldn't you keep your TE in to help block if you were #32 overall in OL strength?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just surfing around = scouring the web for anything Seahawks related.

Ah no I logged into Yahoo.com and the page was covered with many news articles and this happened to be one of them with my guessing the reason that it was there was because of all the talk that has been started since Mondays game and the reaction to Mondays game. It just happened this article was spot on with this thread and after reading it I saw that those who are blaming Cable may not be fully aware of the situation with the college O line players and how more recently the college O line prospects do not have the talent they use to because of the current college offenses.

Because of this it is harder to develop good O lines and can take awhile to teach or coach. So it may be hard to just blame the coach

So with that read I though there may be interest here

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, logically wouldn't you keep your TE in to help block if you were #32 overall in OL strength?

Graham ran a route on almost every play, wilson looked his way only a few times.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham ran a route on almost every play, wilson looked his way only a few times.
For sure Wilson needs to to focus on getting Graham the ball more. I love Wilson, but feel this is more on him then the coaches...well except for the part where they don't want him to force the throw. At some point Wilson needs to just trust Graham to make the catch and not move on to the next receiving option so quickly, let your eyes rest on him for a bit, he's worth the gamble.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I would agree, but JG is a different beast. You don't see Gronk blocking, he's usually 5 to 10 yds past the first down marker. Bevell needs to start sending JG down field as well on third downs and start making the defense honest. Yes the o-line sucks, but they brought this guy in to make key plays.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure Wilson needs to to focus on getting Graham the ball more. I love Wilson, but feel this is more on him then the coaches...well except for the part where they don't want him to force the throw. At some point Wilson needs to just trust Graham to make the catch and not move on to the next receiving option so quickly, let your eyes rest on him for a bit, he's worth the gamble.

On most of the plays graham was not the first read, or even second. He seemed like a decoy on 95% of the plays he was in. Willson was a higher priority than graham which could only make sense to bevell and his fans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On most of the plays graham was not the first read, or even second. He seemed like a decoy on 95% of the plays he was in. Willson was a higher priority than graham which could only make sense to bevell and his fans.

IDK, if I was a QB I'd be looking at my best passing option regardless . Results count and doing what they tell you to do only works if it is successfull, if it fails they blame you, so do what you think will work.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line flat out stinks and everyone knows it. They know it. The coaches know it. It's no secret. Aren't they also one of the lowest paid O line units in the game? Blame Cable for sure, but a lot of this has to be on Carroll and Schneider as well. They have this rag tag group because they wanted to spend that little extra elsewhere knowing Cable could make do, only he hasn't.

Holmgren, and others suggest they see improvement and some of those guys believe this unit will click before mid season. I have no idea if they are right, but it may be too late by then. Not just in terms of win/loss, but the overall shape it will leave Wilson in. He's already leaving the pocket early quite often because he's hearing footsteps and who can blame him? He's actually regressing at going through his reads and finding open receivers. Having to flat out run for his life every play is taking a toll physically, and mentally on him and it's not going to get better magically over the next couple of games.

They are getting Graham out wide more, but are still asking him to block. Why not send out Ryan to block? I mean he doesn't have a clue how to any more than Graham does so why not? :L

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
graham did decleat a guy on one play, i think it was the TD to baldwin would have to watch it again to be sure.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand money is tight and the hawks look to drafting and molding their players but I was screaming for them to sign Richie Incognito, that guy signed a 1 million 500k bonus for 1 year with the bills that was an excellent opportunity to get a guy for cheap that can bring some attitude to this offensive line.

Also we cant try to incorporate will tukuafu into the offense I mean whats his role on this team? That guy is 300 pounds he can't come in and help double somebody

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we cant try to incorporate will tukuafu into the offense I mean whats his role on this team? That guy is 300 pounds he can't come in and help double somebody

I thought they did a good job the last 2 weeks getting Tukaufu some plays. 12 in week 3, 11 in week 4 (offensive only) and had him lined up as a FB, TE and out wide. That's actually solid playing time for a 2nd string FB.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't clear enough in my post, i AGREE that they need to (and are trying to) get Graham involved more, I'm just struggling with Mr. Snuggles underlying logic. Our line sucks swollen blue whale nuts, and yet we're going to unleash the hell that is Jimmy Graham onto the universe?

If they're THAT bad, then we'd better do like Chicago did, and line up in max protect and try to win every game 9-6.

OR, conversely, we're going to take our lumps trying to get them to grow together as a unit under duress and fire, and see if we can get Graham say 80 balls and 8 or 9 TD's this season? See if we can get Lockette 6 or 7 receiving TD's.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Ryan?
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. If you want to take guys and ask them to do things they aren't great at why not?

I'm entirely fine with defenses knowing Graham is going to release or chip a defender at most when he lines up in tight. You have other TE's that can block. Line up in 12 personnel looks with Graham and Willson. You get your extra help on the line and still are sending out 3 receivers and/or have Lynch to carry and you aren't asking Graham to do anything other than what he's fucking awesome at.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of getting Graham more involved, I believe the biggest issue right now is the scrambling plays.

Thet issue here is that when plays breaks down and Wilson having to scramble, his receivers have to scramble with him to be open. Jimmy Graham has not been able to incorporate the scrambling plays into his system yet, he runs his routes then pulls up so he stops playing it's what he's used to in New Orleans.

As bad as the OLine is, JG is going to have to get used to the scrambling drills, until then, RW is not going to look for him if he pulls up during scramble plays. This is something to look into going forward with JG.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say the numbers will be there for Graham at the end of the year. Even if you just project these 4 games out to 16, it's a solidly productive year and the best ever for a Seattle TE. RW is averaging over 30 passes a game so far, and you have to figure the chemistry in games will improve at least a little as we go.