• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Hue Jackson in demand?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good OC. Browns aren't exactly bristling with talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually surprised that was the job he took. My guess is a few other teams that had openings would have offered him an opportunity. Instead he picked maybe the worst situation in football with an ownership that hasn't exactly been known to show patience when trying to rebuild the team. Hopefully they give him the time he needs as he does have a few things going in his favor if he can last past this season. They obviously have great draft picks in this upcoming draft that actually does have decent talent from what I have seen. They are going to have some of the most ridiculous cap space we have maybe ever seen in the NFL going into next season. They could carry over $50 million from this season to add to the $64 million they have for next season. If they actually spend well and find a decent QB this turnaround could happen pretty quickly.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's been to the playoffs with a ginger as QB.

Man should be in the HOF.

giphy.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah but nobody cares now that Trump is elected President.

{racist word}! There I said it. I'm white. Yah.

*EDIT* Oh really the HOOP has racist blocking for the word {racist word}?

C'mon..

N***ER! There. It's implied.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yah but nobody cares now that Trump is elected President.

{racist word}! There I said it. I'm white. Yah.

Weird. I would've thought you were Kaepernick, what with bringing annoying politics into the football discussion. :noidea:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually surprised that was the job he took. My guess is a few other teams that had openings would have offered him an opportunity. Instead he picked maybe the worst situation in football with an ownership that hasn't exactly been known to show patience when trying to rebuild the team. Hopefully they give him the time he needs as he does have a few things going in his favor if he can last past this season. They obviously have great draft picks in this upcoming draft that actually does have decent talent from what I have seen. They are going to have some of the most ridiculous cap space we have maybe ever seen in the NFL going into next season. They could carry over $50 million from this season to add to the $64 million they have for next season. If they actually spend well and find a decent QB this turnaround could happen pretty quickly.

The problem with that, is they are going to go after the wrong ones. They are, after all, the Browns.

For example, the second Jamie Collins cashes in, he's going to quit trying. Book it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that, is they are going to go after the wrong ones. They are, after all, the Browns.

For example, the second Jamie Collins cashes in, he's going to quit trying. Book it.

Well it is true they are Browns. This is a new Front Office and coaching staff and since I do believe in Hue Jackson I am actually seeing positive signs moving forward IF they can find a QB that Jackson can work with well.

The Jamie Collins deal I guess I view it as they gave up a late 3rd round pick to get him. Not like many 3rd round picks become All-Pro players anyway so that trade is worth it. They can also front-load the deal with Collins that way if he doesn't play well they can cut him after a couple of years. They have the cap space to do it so I don't see any issue with that trade. Yeah good chance he gets his money and we see a drop off in his play but even a drop off in his play like we have seen this year is still better than most players in the league. He is still rated as the 2nd best coverage linebacker in the NFL. Those type of players are hard to find.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson has produced up to or outproduced his offense's talent level for years. He's a great offensive mind and will stick around for a while if given a serious chance.
He really made the Raiders somewhat dangerous when they fucking sucked big ole fucking duck fucks. He was pretty creative.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. I would've thought you were Kaepernick, what with bringing annoying politics into the football discussion. :noidea:

Man that's just how I roll. Like this one time I said I was gonna get a crit strike in D&D which required a 19/20 out of a 20 sided die, and landed on a 5. I'm unpredictable man!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Hue Jackson confused with Tom Cable.

No I'm not. Jackson became Head Coach of the Raiders for the 2011 season where they went 8-8. Cable yes had the team go 8-8 as well but to me Hue was a huge reason that happened. They had one of the best offenses in the NFL and when you consider the talent they had in 2010 that was a huge accomplishment. So to me I credit both of those seasons more towards Jackson than I do Cable for the 2010 season.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True that.

The call to Josh Mccown was ridiculous though.

Not sure why he benched Kessler, outside of Kessler telling him that he voted for Trump during halftime.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that.

The call to Josh Mccown was ridiculous though.

Not sure why he benched Kessler, outside of Kessler telling him that he voted for Trump during halftime.

If they were going to have such a quick hook on a rookie, why even start him?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst coach we have seen in years

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst coach we have seen in years

He's on his second job as HC and still sucks at it....He's there because he's black and a quota had to be met....
Good OC in regular season, terrible HC period....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on his second job as HC and still sucks at it....He's there because he's black and a quota had to be met....

He got this job off of being OC in Cincy, when we all used to laugh every January how awful Dalton and that Bengals offense was....He got hired for that?

Terrible

Next up, Anthony Lynn, another guy that has no right being a HC in the NFL

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got this job off of being OC in Cincy, when we all used to laugh every January how awful Dalton and that Bengals offense was....He got hired for that?

Terrible

Next up, Anthony Lynn, another guy that has no right being a HC in the NFL

I don't know much about Lynn but Hue has been in the mix for HC some time now, and like you I wonder if there is a legitimate reason for it, and what that is if so.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part truth, part BS Old School...he's there because he took a talented but largely unproductive OFC to a playoff caliber unit...Of course they didn't win anything when they got there. Gruden did the same thing. Shanahan did the same thing. They got their HC gigs for what reason you think?

I'm all for calling a spade a spade, but idt Jackson got the job based on a quota for black HCs.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part truth, part BS Old School...he's there because he took a talented but largely unproductive OFC to a playoff caliber unit...Of course they didn't win anything when they got there. Gruden did the same thing. Shanahan did the same thing. They got their HC gigs for what reason you think?

I'm all for calling a spade a spade, but idt Jackson got the job based on a quota for black HCs.
Not totally, but it factored in for sure and after failing miserably already, they gave him another shot at it....And Hue wasn't the sole reason the Bengals made the playoffs while he was there, they did it before he was there and same result....But he had outstanding players and still couldn't get a playoff win....
I don't see the attraction in him as a HC at all.....:noidea: