• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy,

I had heard that his family (wife in particular) wanted to live in LA. That was reason for the rumors. Have you heard differently. Admittedly, I'm not as close to this as you.

Also, if it is LA why do you not see the clippers as an option? Great owner. Lots of money. He loves the coach. Really praised him when he was with the Celtics. Also, Lebron wants to be "the guy". Do you see him liking to compete with the "Ball circus" out there. I always thought it would be the clippers not Lakers but again you're closer to it than I am.
the Clippers? there is just no way.

What makes the most sense is that LeBron is not going anywhere where he will essentially WASTE the last couple elite years that he has.

the Lakers arent ready to win yet---- NOW- if they decided to trade Ball and Ingram to bring in a third star along with George, - okay- then i could see it---- but i dont see the Lakers moving off their youth movement for the last 2-3 elite years of LEBrons career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. I am happy with 33-36 wins, bringing in PG and James to go along with Ingram, Ball, Zubac, Nance, and Kuzma. A couple vets will want to play with PG and James to sacrifice some cash. Wade probably. And a few more.

Yeah, I think the Lakers need to hit about 35 wins (give or take) and be competitive in most of their games. An upset or 2 along the way wouldn't hurt either.

Then it's just about what other teams do to keep their guys. For example, if the Cavs don't improve their roster and/or PG doesn't like OKC enough to make him give up on playing for the Lakers.

I agree that if the Lakers land PG and Lebron, there will be vets who will sacrifice money for a shot a deep playoff run, but first things first...the kids need to do their part.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the story breaks about Gilbert's racist email......Wiggy's going to be on suicide watch.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the Lakers need to hit about 35 wins (give or take) and be competitive in most of their games. An upset or 2 along the way wouldn't hurt either.

Then it's just about what other teams do to keep their guys. For example, if the Cavs don't improve their roster and/or PG doesn't like OKC enough to make him give up on playing for the Lakers.

I agree that if the Lakers land PG and Lebron, there will be vets who will sacrifice money for a shot a deep playoff run, but first things first...the kids need to do their part.

I could see them winning 40-41 games if Ingram and Ball develop like they should, Lopez and KCP both play well.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the story breaks about Gilbert's racist email......Wiggy's going to be on suicide watch.
DJ- there is no such thing- ANYWHERE

I could make up something about Magic Johnson being an S&M weirdo but that doesnt make it true. lol

hey- you guys can have LEBron 2-3 years from now when Ingram and Ball are getting ready to being big time contrbuors--- have at him....

but for the immediate next season or two- LeBron would ahve to give up money, and go to a team with a far lesser chance of winning- in order to babysit.

doesnt make any sense.

unless they dealt Ball and Ingram for a third star and attached Dengs contract to it. THAT would be the scenario to worry about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them winning 40-41 games if Ingram and Ball develop like they should, Lopez and KCP both play well.....
is that supposed to be a joke? 40 wins?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Highly unlikely as they're likely to finish bottom 5 in defense again

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets say they dealt Ball, and Ingram and Deng to the *Pels for Davis.....

now THAT would be interesting and give LeBron something to think about.

but i dont see where playing with Paul George and a bunch of kids and sacrificing money to do it is that appealing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see it. I definitely think Ingram will be far better than he was last year. Ball will have his ups and downs. He is going to have to learn the NBA game and because of his Dad, the top point guards are going to bring a little something extra for him.

I expect that he will struggle early, but play better by the end of the season/after the all star break. His court vision and pass first mentality will help, but early on, he will learn that "open man" in the NBA and "open man" in college and high school are completely different things.

Having solid vets like Lopez and KCP should definitely help them through the rough patches that will be inevitable for such a young team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see it. I definitely think Ingram will be far better than he was last year. Ball will have his ups and downs. He is going to have to learn the NBA game and because of his Dad, the top point guards are going to bring a little something extra for him.

I expect that he will struggle early, but play better by the end of the season/after the all star break. His court vision and pass first mentality will help, but early on, he will learn that "open man" in the NBA and "open man" in college and high school are completely different things.

Having solid vets like Lopez and KCP should definitely help them through the rough patches that will be inevitable for such a young team.

I really like the Lopez and KCP additions. The 40-41 wins is a ceiling, not an expectation. I think it's closer to 33-36 wins.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Lopez and KCP additions. The 40-41 wins is a ceiling, not an expectation. I think it's closer to 33-36 wins.

Where James and PG come in thinking they are the difference to being a playoff team and possible contender.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like i said- if LeBron wants to go there once Ball and ingram grow up (assuming they are good which is far from something you can ASSUME)-- he can knock himself out-- in his mid to late thirties

I keep on going back to these facts:

1. LeBron can get paid the most in Cleveland- not irrelevant
2. LeBron has a wide open path to the Finals in the East
3. The Cavs are in a position to be MUCH better with LeBron and co. considering the Brooklyn pick and their current roster--- than the Lakers with LeBron and George and the kids.
4. LeBron has a degree of control and influence in Cleveland that he would never have in LA
5. LeBron does not like playing with kids--- had Wiggins dealt for Love---- so- now- 4 years later- he is going to waste the last 2-3 GREAT years of his prime playing with kids that cannot or barely can legally drink?
6. If the Lakers signed Paul and LeBron they would basically have no cap room left to bring in anyone else significant.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that's gonna suck.....the Lakers are on TV a lot next season.

:pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they finished 5th worst i think that would be generous....

Maybe. I think they definitely finish bottom 10 defensively. While I love the addition of Lopez offensively, he ain't exactly a rim protector defensively.

Hopefully, over the off season, Ingram has gained a little weight. He has the tools to be a very good defender, not sure he has the ass for it yet.

KCP is going to be the key, imo. He will have to take the opponents best player, especially vs. the top PG's so they can hide Ball defensively.

To achieve DJ's lofty goal, they are going to have to develop a very good system of team defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that's gonna suck.....the Lakers are on TV a lot next season.

:pound:

Just because they're going to suck, doesn't mean they won't be fun to watch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like i said- if LeBron wants to go there once Ball and ingram grow up (assuming they are good which is far from something you can ASSUME)-- he can knock himself out-- in his mid to late thirties

I keep on going back to these facts:

1. LeBron can get paid the most in Cleveland- not irrelevant
2. LeBron has a wide open path to the Finals in the East
3. The Cavs are in a position to be MUCH better with LeBron and co. considering the Brooklyn pick and their current roster--- than the Lakers with LeBron and George and the kids.
4. LeBron has a degree of control and influence in Cleveland that he would never have in LA
5. LeBron does not like playing with kids--- had Wiggins dealt for Love---- so- now- 4 years later- he is going to waste the last 2-3 GREAT years of his prime playing with kids that cannot or barely can legally drink?
6. If the Lakers signed Paul and LeBron they would basically have no cap room left to bring in anyone else significant.

You're just repeating the same thing over and over that no one is really buying. Meanwhile, in typical Wiggy fashion, you have addressed none of the issues that others have brought up that don't fit your narrative.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they're going to suck, doesn't mean they won't be fun to watch.
I dont think they will out and out "suck"- but they wont be any good.

I mean- the Suns and Kings are not good either----- but teams like the Nuggets, Mavs have better rosters.

Would it SHOCK me if the Lakers were the worst team in the West? not necessarily- but they definitely have an opportunity to be better tahn the Suns or Kings...maybe the Mavs if things break right.

but thats prob it.

I cant see any scenario where the Lakers are better than 4th worst in the West with the Suns, Kings, and MAYBE Mavs, behind them--- but the Mavs with guys like Barnes, Noel, Mathews etc. while they dont have the cap flexibility the Lakers have--- def. have a better roster right now.

Plus- as far as the Suns go--- If i had to choose between Booker and Jackson or Ball and Ingram--- its close- but considering what Booker has looked like and Ingrams rough rookie season- id prob lean towards the Suns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just repeating the same thing over and over that no one is really buying. Meanwhile, in typical Wiggy fashion, you have addressed none of the issues that others have brought up that don't fit your narrative.
what issues are those?

a house in LA? lol. Magic "teaching" him business?

cmon now.

my factors are 1. Money, and 2. A chance to win.

not subjective garbage.